Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Rolex 6542 Serpico y Laino Re Depth dial GMT.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolex 6542 Serpico y Laino Re Depth dial GMT.

Serpico Y Laino was a jewellery store that was in operation from 1925 to 1966 in Caracas, Venezuea, run by 2 Italian immigtrants, Vicente Laino and Leopoldo Serpico.

During a trip to Switzerland in the early 1930s, and they managed to negotiate exclusive distribution rights in Venezuela for a - at the time - small watch manufacturer called Rolex.

They also later became the sole distributor for another luxury watch manufacturer - Patek Philippe.

Venezuela was a wealthy country at the time, and Serlico y Laino was the leading watch retailer in Caracas until its closure in 1966, after forty years of activity.

Many of the watches that they sold bore the "Serpico y Laino" line on the dial, and some had an "S&L" engraving on the back.

Whilst the Serpico Y Laino dealer stamped dials are similar in nature to the Tiffany & Co ones, Serpico Y Laino was a much smaller company than Tiffany and stopped production fairly early, meaning the Serpico Y Laino dials are rarer than Tiffany dials.

Having a Serpico Y Laino co-branded dial generally adds about three-times the value of the standard version to a given watch. . .

Thanks for looking !
    https://picr.me/tripdog/albums

Thanks for posting, that’s absolutely stunning, is that your own

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Aidy View Post
        Thanks for posting, that’s absolutely stunning, is that your own
        Thanks. No, it's not mine, it's a build done for a member on the forum.

Comment

Serpico Y Laino dial, Tiffany dial, Cartier dial.......
          how many swindles around the world....

Comment

Originally posted by tripdog View Post

Thanks. No, it's not mine, it's a build done for a member on the forum.
            Well it’s gorgeous, I actually saw a gmt for sale which you made and it’s made me research it, I’ve been looking at buying the case etc and ask you if you’ll build it but didn’t want to pester you with questions galore. So hopefully when I’ve sourced everything I’ll reach out to you and see if you’ve time. Cheers anyway

Comment

Originally posted by pallino View Post
              Serpico Y Laino dial, Tiffany dial, Cartier dial.......
              how many swindles around the world....
              Swindles ?

Comment

don't you know, mate ?
                I've read in watches fora in my own country about some old foxes working with false swabs....
                many tens thousand euros....
                I'm talking about "gens market" of course, not about your stunning buildings, magister

Comment

I see a lot of people who are dedicated to building high-quality vintage replicas, but the king of undisputed kings is only one TRIPDOG

Comment

Of course I love this one. Would pair well with my sub, hmmmmmm.....

Comment

Trip is absolutely number one......every creation is a masterwork......thanks, master Trip!!!

Comment

You are a master at your craft, amazing work and great intro to the history

Comment

oh....

Comment

my..

Comment

god...

Comment

Working...
                              X