• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5513 gen-spec dial - Ruby vs. Phong vs. Yuki... who ya got? (w/pics)

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Which of these looks best to you, Top, Middle, or Bottom?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The Phong is pure crap, the Yuki is a joke, Ruby is just a generic Vietnam dial - none of them are close to a gen 5513 dial - no matter what MK.

Reactions: SuperTopGun

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
The Phong is pure crap, the Yuki is a joke, Ruby is just a generic Vietnam dial - none of them are close to a gen 5513 dial - no matter what MK.

Trip the 5513s in your library are all gilt or gloss... where would you suggest sourcing a good matte feet first? I've had gen searches out on VRF, WUS, TRF, Recon, Chrono, for quite a while and.... nothing.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Trip the 5513s in your library are all gilt or gloss... where would you suggest sourcing a good matte feet first? I've had gen searches out on VRF, WUS, TRF, Recon, Chrono, for quite a while and.... nothing.

They come up at auction on eBay a few times a year - expect to pay at least $1000 for something in OK condition - these are vintage parts, it can take several years to find all the parts necessary for a build.

Ruby watch is the least worst - whilst your looking for a gen dial.

Reactions: axel.gold

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
I don’t get it guys, why can’t these dial producers get it right? There are so many high-resolution pictures, reference-devoted sites that describe every nuance of each variation out there on the web. There’s even a dial archive on VRF. The information is there!
If I had acccess and knowledge to work a pad printer, making the artwork is easy.
Even better, maybe the dials could be made with fired enamel - now that would be high end!

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I don’t get it guys, why can’t these dial producers get it right? There are so many high-resolution pictures, reference-devoted sites that describe every nuance of each variation out there on the web. There’s even a dial archive on VRF. The information is there!
If I had acccess and knowledge to work a pad printer, making the artwork is easy.
Even better, maybe the dials could be made with fired enamel - now that would be high end!

lazy and scared of investment, but sometimes they do it on purpose because they try to fix one thing at a time so that people keep on buying them, if they fix all the flaws in a go (something that they can definitely do if they want to) they would sell them, maybe all the batches at a time, and then? they won't be able to sell anything anymore, it's all marketing sometimes

Reactions: nothingelse