• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 16710 GMT, a tale of a TW Best.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
This watch has been through a lot lately - traded, shipped, modded, shipped, sold, bought, shipped, and modded once more.

It now has, on top of the previously done case work and the gen insert that was installed, a Rolex tritium dial with great patina, hands relumed to match the dial, a BK DWO, a Rolex crystal and a Rolex 6 mm crown.

pRPm3.jpg

pRfwb.jpg

pRNp2.jpg

pRi7d.jpg

pRTnZ.jpg

Lets hope that's all for a while . . . :p

Last edited:

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Another great piece, the dial is beautiful

Reactions: tripdog

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
My favorite. Remember my sad tale of a long lost GMT tripdog ? I think this was it. Is the crystal plexi or glass?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
My favorite. Remember my sad tale of a long lost GMT tripdog ? I think this was it. Is the crystal plexi or glass?

It's sapphire, which means it probably is your 'mystery' model.

gareth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/10
tripdog what was the base model for this watch? There's another great thread going on currently discussing finding an accurate case for a 16710 project (and potentially even getting a bunch of 1:1 cases custom made at not insignificant cost).

My BP GMT is proving difficult to mod and doesn't seem to like the gen parts I'm feeding it. Great to know if you have any tips on this as yours looks damn accurate.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
tripdog what was the base model for this watch? There's another great thread going on currently discussing finding an accurate case for a 16710 project (and potentially even getting a bunch of 1:1 cases custom made at not insignificant cost).

My BP GMT is proving difficult to mod and doesn't seem to like the gen parts I'm feeding it. Great to know if you have any tips on this as yours looks damn accurate.

It's a TW Best, no longer in production.

There are no gen spec 16710 case currently in production, don't hold your breath for the 1:1 cases being made, it'll almost certainly never happen - they'll need a gen case to work from, plus a lot of money upfront to pay for the prep work.