Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk vintage Daytonas with TheSociety & Friends!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by APFAN888 View Post
    jcher Hunvaakaren

specs :
    viet case (will change next week)
    ruby dial
    hands phong
    subdial hand genuine
    mk1 pusher from minh quy
    genuine 78350 bracelet
    phong bezel
    valjoux 726 powered
    genuine crow and tube
    How do the MK1 pushers from phong compare to the MQs ?

Comment

6240 with a comfy sweater

Comment

Originally posted by Spoons View Post

Ruby's is probably your best option: http://www.rubyswatch.com/Products/parts/day-6263 You need to enter a password in order to access Ruby's site. I will PM you the password. Ruby's doesn't currently have a Big Red dial in stock, but they seem to update their stock every few weeks and I have seen that they have regularaly had Big Red dials in stock in the past. I would email them. I think the cost will be around $300-$350 for a dial + 50 shipping.

Yuki is another option, but I think Yuki daytona dials are a step down from Ruby's: https://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/it...9/10282040.htm

FYI, you will need to modify the ST19 movement to fit a gen spec Vietnam dial. hanski posted some information about that here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...79#post7157379. There is also a more detailed explanation in this thread over on RWG.cc: https://rwg.cc/topic/136033-modding-...-dial-spacing/

Best of luck!
        Hey mate.. I have the same interests here.. possible to have the pwd too?
        Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Seeking advise here for my 6263 project…Any suggestions where to find a gen-like black Bakelite bezel? Is the Cartel one so off?
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hector-Anabasi View Post
            Seeking advise here for my 6263 project…Any suggestions where to find a gen-like black Bakelite bezel? Is the Cartel one so off?
            Thanks

Did you check out the 6263 bezels that Ruby's sells? They look decent.

FYI, if you're planning on fitting a gen spec bezel to a cartel case, you will have to machine a lip off the outer lower wall of the rehaut of the case in order to allow a gen spec bezel to sit flush with the case. The cartel bezel has a step machined into its inner diameter to accommodate the lip on the cartel case, but a gen spec bezel does not have that step, so you either have to remove the lip from the case or machine a step into the gen spec bezel.

Further detail here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...75#post8511475

Comment

My current vintage collection with mostly daytonas. Love them and hope this thread continues to be active, got most of my info from here

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan0209 View Post

My current vintage collection with mostly daytonas. Love them and hope this thread continues to be active, got most of my info from here
                Damn, bro, that is a nice collection!

Comment

Awesome , would be nice if you share some specs !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can i join?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MFK100 View Post

Awesome , would be nice if you share some specs !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      HAHAHA you stay away you are the daytonut of daytonuts.

1016 space dweller:

Gen 1600 case and caseback
                      Whoopy space dweller dial
                      Low beat benrus movement
                      ?? Hands
                      Shitty Chinese bracelet

Omani Daytona 6263:

Viet dial
                      Viet bezel
                      Viet hands
                      Gen coronet
                      ST19 crystal
                      Cartel case, caseback pushers and bracelet

MK3 radial 1675 GMT:

Milk case, caseback, bezel
                      Ruby dial
                      Raffles hands and bracelet

Tiffany and co Paul Newman Daytona (white):

Ruby case, caseback, pushers, crown, dial, bezel
                      Phong hands
                      valjoux 72 movement

RCO Paul Newman (black):

Ruby dial and bezel
                      Viet hands
                      ST19 crystal
                      Cartel case, caseback, pushers

Comment

Originally posted by Rustycrown View Post

Can i join?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                        Those are beautiful, who did them? sell me that 6265? hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Spoons View Post

Did you check out the 6263 bezels that Ruby's sells? They look decent.

FYI, if you're planning on fitting a gen spec bezel to a cartel case, you will have to machine a lip off the outer lower wall of the rehaut of the case in order to allow a gen spec bezel to sit flush with the case. The cartel bezel has a step machined into its inner diameter to accommodate the lip on the cartel case, but a gen spec bezel does not have that step, so you either have to remove the lip from the case or machine a step into the gen spec bezel.

Further detail here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...75#post8511475
                          Thanks for sharing so many good tips mate. Really appreciated! I’m a bit uncertain about to remove the lip from the case.. not sure I can make a good job there. I saw that Ruby has two different bezels for the 6263.. I think about it. Meanwhile I sourced the watch from Marvellous, ordered the Clark 25-21 and about to pick up a good black dial from Ruby.
                          Yuki ran out of bracelets.. in your opinion the Cartel is hopeless?

Comment

Originally posted by Hector-Anabasi View Post

Thanks for sharing so many good tips mate. Really appreciated! I’m a bit uncertain about to remove the lip from the case.. not sure I can make a good job there. I saw that Ruby has two different bezels for the 6263.. I think about it. Meanwhile I sourced the watch from Marvellous, ordered the Clark 25-21 and about to pick up a good black dial from Ruby.
                            Yuki ran out of bracelets.. in your opinion the Cartel is hopeless?

Feel free to share how you did it if without heavy machinery like a lathe…

Comment

Still in love with this little DW!

Comment

Originally posted by Yellobird View Post
                                Still in love with this little DW!
                                LOVE IT.

Comment

Working...
                                X