• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CG Pin Mod gone wrong - Had to do a quick fix (lots of pics)

al4743

Horology Curious
24/2/07
Greetings,

This is my first post with lots of pics so take it easy on me. Pics not the best.

The bought a newbie PAM 111 from watcheden in early March. I decided to do the CG Pin mod but I sanded too much off the pin and ended up with this :eek: ...

DSC_0309.jpg

I knew that this was a job for McGyver and looked through my workshop and office and found this :D

DSC_0311.jpg

thought ... hey, this might fit ...

DSC_0312.jpg

and it did!

DSC_0320.jpg

then I proceeded to sand and file one end of the pin (do not tell my wife I used her nail file :lol: )

DSC_0330.jpg

I then got a good fit and polished the end

DSC_0329.jpg

then I eyeballed it and clipped to length (unpolished side of course).... I really should stop leaving my tools outside!

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

I just kept filing it down and checking for fit ...

DSC_0336.jpg

almost there ...
DSC_0338.jpg

... switched to fine sandpaper ....

DSC_0339.jpg

and TA-DA!
DSC_0323.jpg

Not too shabby for 15 minutes of my time

DSC_0340.jpg

polished her off, put her new shoes on and ready for the a night on the town

DSC_0357.jpg
http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/posting.php?mode=smilies&f=7#

When I get a little more time, I will create a perfect CG pin, but good enough for now. Hope this helps someone if they need a quick CG Pin fix. You can call me "McGyver" from now on! Have a great weekend!
:)

Spboudart

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/9/08
Awesome!
Same shit happened to me and I had no idea what to use to replace the pin.

cc

Advisor
14/4/07
California
Great tutorial!! This presents an excellent example for members who are in need for a better fitting pin. :wink: :wink:

Aji

Known Member
31/5/07
Well done mate,

Are you sure you're a newbie?? :D

Mods do you think we could make this a sticky and perhaps move it to the tutorials section.

regards
Ai

al4743

Horology Curious
24/2/07
alviando said:
Great, you kniow what size is the clip...

I knew someone would ask. I did not have the box that the clips came in and the clip did not have any markings. I can tell you that the clip is 3/4" long.

Hope that helps!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I stickied it here. Great work! Do yall think this should go in the Panerai section? I think this is fitting. Should we change the title to PAM CG "BIG PIN" MOD by al743 ?

D

d4m.test

This is the kind of down home repair and mod that I love to hear about. Im sure if we all looked hard enough we would find one of these clips in our home. I know that I have no less then 50 of them in my divorce and child support file cabinet.
Congrats on a great mod... Even if you had not damaged the original, yours looks better than 97.5% of the ones Ive seen!!!

dellhd101

7/3/09
really like the shine on that babe.

she's a drop dead beauty! thanks for the primer!!

al4743

Horology Curious
24/2/07
Wow, I feel honored to have my post moved and stickied to the tutorials section. Thanks for all the great comments!
8)