• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Tudor BB GMT vs Gen (Pepsi)

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Hi guys, i joined rwi by July 2018, have been a lurker ever since but today i’m writing my first post. So it’s not gonna be the best review you gonna see.
First word thank you for all the hard work the management team have put into maitain our forum to this day. I’m proud to be an rwi member.
Without further chit chat lets get to the review. The watch i’m reviewing today are Tudor Black bay GMT basel world 2018 pepsi. A faily new product but the rep came out amazingly well executed.
I paid around 300usd for my rep compared to 3900usd to the gen, and i think i made the right choice.
As promised here are my review, enjoy.
The watch came in very good box, being unreachable from damage, Packaged in a ZFactory plastic bag with bubble wrapped.
wQvKp.jpg

wQQUh.jpg

It’s quite dirty when i unpack the package so i took it to a bubble bath
Water resistant [Checked]
wJ34K.jpg

wQE4f.jpg

Dry it up, look at that cute little baby
wJmGe.jpg

On to the review. The things i’m going to give my opinions are:
1. case : shape, finish, steel color, curve line, Lug shape.
2. logo, Dial, Hands and Dw:alignment, gen like, color.
3. Bezel and insert: font, color, function, gen like, bezel teeth.
4. bracelet: construction, feels, polished vs brush surface compare to gen, ceramic ball bracelet.
5. caseback: font, spacing, logo, inner circle compare to gen, caseback teeth.
6. Lume: brightness, duration.
7. Movement: Function, power reserve, sound, correct to gen??
Please follow the number for the specific review of each part
————xxx———-xxx———-xxx———-
1. Case:
Very well constructed, well defined. All brush and polished surface are exactly gen like. Very well curve under and above the case profile.
wJf6q.jpg

wJXCL.jpg

Brush and polished surface are exactly like gen.
wJsQa.jpg

Lug Shape correct, SEL have no gap, but same with v6s noob sub, it has recess Sel with case. Check picture if you dont get what i mean.
wJE28.jpg

SEL maybe even better than gen tudor, gen tudor have some gap between the lug, Check the gen left sel, it has some small gap
wJDQD.jpg

Diameter:
+Thickness gen 14,3mm compare to rep 14,8mm
+Lug to lug: 50mm exactly like gen
+case size: 41mm exactly like gen.
My wrist are fairly small at 6.3” 16cm flat wrist and this is as big as i would go. I bring it with me to work today
wJjEI.jpg

So Case are perfect, SEL are recess.
Weigh in at 141g, gen like.
Crown are perfect size, it look like rep are bigger then gen in some angle but it’s actually perfect compare with video. Perfect crown teeth.
wJP9G.jpg

wJZtU.jpg

The tube also same size like gen

2.Logo dial, hands and DW
Perfectly aligned through out the dial, the shield logo with 12 hour marker and also align with bezel triangle at 12. Perfect rose logo on crown, very crisp logo.
wJbSb.jpg

wJMSg.jpg

with a2836 modified gmt function it has a ICHS where the gmt hand lies under the hour hand.
The hands are perfect, color are perfect, gmt hand reach all the way to the outside bezel which are gen like. Seconds hand reach to the circle hour marker on the dial, also correct. All the square dot on all hands are exactly like gen, but the hands could be better finish.
Datewheel looks perfect font and size to me, Sunken datewheel, perfect Date window which has a small square inside the window.
wJ8T6.jpg

wJn6R.jpg

Dial have an extra ordinary matte texture finish, which blew my mind when the sun hit the dial. The matte color of the dial are exactly like gen.

3. Bezel and insert: Perfect number font and color, i crosscheck all the number with gen. The transition between blue and red on the insert are perfect. Nitpick the font maybe a teeny weeny thin. Perfect matte finish.
Feeling: the bezel click a very well defined 48 click in 1 circulation. But the bezel are extremely hard to turn, it hurt my hand trying to turn the bezel. It clicked in perfectly align with 12 hour marker and tudor shield logo.
Rep
wQE4f.jpg

Gen

4. Bracelet.
Again hats down to the factory people, correct brush on the upper, polished on the side, no sharp edge, all the screw are in it place, there is serial number and steel type on the underside of the bracelet like gen. The engraved i think is good, dont have a gen in my hand to compare.
wJJtd.jpg

wJpu3.jpg

The clasp click in with satisfied clicked sound, but the downside is the inner clasp are very hare to de clasp. The rep clasp have a ceramic ball to hold the clasp in place which are gen like. Again everything is in correct shape.
wJiC0.jpg

wJ23y.jpg

Tudor logo on clasp perfect font. Only the upper side of the clasp are incorrect, but this is very small and without a gen in hand no one will notice, Polished on the gen and brushed on the rep.
Center link still correct polished to polished.
wIPZo.jpg

5. Caseback:
I checked the font my self, all correct and in it place where it should be, [Shield logo] CALIBRE MANUFACTURE...
SERIAL number on both side of the lug
Correct diameter of the inner and outer circle, correct caseback teeth.
wJJtd.jpg

Engraved on clasp Tudor Geneve Swiss made steel inox are correct, deep engraved and no funny Spacing.

6. Lume: Shine bright like a torche with a full charge, even in bright room lighting condition it still visible. But the shine fade pretty quick, but then maintain its brightness all night long, when i wake up i can still see the lume. Lume applied evenly and correctly on all the hands, hour marker and seconds hand, gmt hands dot.
wJh9r.jpg

Green Lume, I’m not sure if it’s gen like, i think the gen have blue lume, no idea.

7. Movement:
A2836-2 modified to GMT movement with ICHS where the gen have CHS !!!??!
just kidding LOL. Gen have GMt hand above Hour hand, where rep are the opposite.
History of the modified movement prove it to be a very stable and trustworthy movement.
Function: automatic hand winding movement. unscrew and you can wind the watch. First click position 1 clockwise turn are for date adjust, counter clockwise for Adjusting GMT hands. Second click: hacking seconds hands, adjust time of all hands include hours hands, minutes hand and GMT hands.
Sound: No loud rotor sound, But it TICKS, like all other asian movement.
Decorated movement: unknown, Im unable to open the caseback so im unsure if it’s a decorated or not.
Rep bonus:
wIkOr.jpg

So my final conclusion: Overall impression are very very good, i advise everyone that interested in tudor to give this watch a try. No cheap feeling bracelet, no sharp edge, very extraodinary matte texturerized dial.
I hope you guys enjoy my review. make sure to leave a like and comment.

Cheers
Mikey.

Sent from the RWI App

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
if u have any further question please leave a comment and im more than happy to answer

Sent from my iPad using RWI

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Thank you. Just got my QC today. Looking forward to this one coming in.

hope you enjoy yours.
Just one side note for the clasp. It’s not tight as i say in the review above, but actually different way to open. at first i try open it with my finger nail lifting the flap which is incorrect, no i use my thumb and index finger to hold the side of the clasp and lift it up very easily, see the green circle in my picture thats where i hold and lift the clasp easy.
wnn6X.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

sremorris

Horology Curious
30/3/15
if you don't mind me asking where did you get it from? What was the wait time from order to receipt?

Cheers

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Great review. I just got mine yesterday. You mentioned washing it and saying that it was water resistant. How did you confirm this?

i’m sorry i didnt really meant water resist LOL, all my rep come i always put it through a bath, so water resist for me meant normal hand wash, shower or light rain, not diving and stuff.
Sorry for the misunderstanding haha

Sent from the RWI App

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
if you don't mind me asking where did you get it from? What was the wait time from order to receipt?

Cheers

i order mine through a small time dealer, you can get the watch with any dealer here since they are all td.
cheers bro

Sent from the RWI App