• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel Adjustment on ZF Black Bay

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
I searched for this first so just point me at the thread if it was discussed before and I missed it.

I have a ZF Black Bay, it looks and works great except for one thing, the red triangle cannot align exactly with the 12 oclock on the dial due to the click mechanism on the bezel. Has anyone been able to remove the bezel and slightly adjust the location of the bezel insert so it will align? How do you remove the bezel on it anyway?

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
The insert is installed with an adhesive ring.
rotate the bezel so that the triangle is left of the 12:00 marker, then heat it up with a hairdryer for 30 seconds or so and then you can gently adjust the seating clockwise with your thumb nail on the pearl.

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
Got it, ill try that. The other problem is the bezel has "backlash" in it, you can move it the opposite way it is supposed to move for a little bit. My other ZF black bay does not do this so I am thinking it must be an adjustment problem. If it was a traditional submariner people say to adjust / replace the bezel click spring. Does the black bay have a bezel click spring like most Rolex submariners or some other design?

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
The bezel clicks on a spring loaded stop nipple that sits in a hole in the bezel track. Back-play is usually the result of the stop nipple being a bit smaller than the diameter of it's hole, so it slops back and forth a bit.