• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need recommendation ZF BB Red(Shield) vs. ZF BB Steel

laureusz

Looking Around
17/3/18
I am considering buying either of these watches now I wanted to ask if there is any remarkable flaw on the BB Steel which would make good reason why it is not considered in the NWBIG List but the BB Red is. Thank you in advance

Reactions: alexandros2

tienbang

19/5/15
I can't tell you why it's not on the NWBIG list but I have the Steel and it's a solid watch. And, in my opinion, even though both are Black Bays they're entirely different watches in terms of functionality. The date function on the Steel is a big differentiator from the Red, Blue and Black and this doesn't factor in the Steel insert. I find that the Steel actually coordinates well with everything.

Reactions: laureusz

alexandros2

17/2/16
it was the same question I would like to ask.
if the black bay steel is the same in term of quality as the Blackbay red.
I guess thy have the same case,changin only for date wheel inside.

EDIT: also the numbers are not hollow, but only printed on the Steel BB rep.
that is why only the BB red is on nwbig! (I guess)

Last edited:

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Considering the Steel was repped after the Red shield, I'd be interested to see if the Steel had improved dial printing. That's the only issue I have with my BB Red after seeing the gen at the AD. Honestly, its so minuscule you would never know until the forum obsessed over it (which it did, which is how I came to learn of it). The only other area that I would like to see the BB Red improved, if possible, is the insert color. The maroon red is fantastic, but at the AD (under the AD's showcase lighting) it looks like it has just a slight bit more of a reddish hue at certain angles.

alexandros2

17/2/16
Considering the Steel was repped after the Red shield, I'd be interested to see if the Steel had improved dial printing. That's the only issue I have with my BB Red after seeing the gen at the AD. Honestly, its so minuscule you would never know until the forum obsessed over it (which it did, which is how I came to learn of it). The only other area that I would like to see the BB Red improved, if possible, is the insert color. The maroon red is fantastic, but at the AD (under the AD's showcase lighting) it looks like it has just a slight bit more of a reddish hue at certain angles.

the dial on the STEEL QC shown that the dial is 3D printed
https://puretime.io/heritage-black-bay-steel-2017-zf-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a2824.html
I think is well done as a super rep.
​​​​​​​But also I'm not an expert on black bay

sebo_watch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/17
I have a couple of bb's and I can confirm that the dial print on the ss is really gen like. I also own a shield bb black gen so I can tell you the dial on this one is outstanding. Only thing that's not a 100percent is as with all bb's the pearl.

alexandros2

17/2/16
I have a couple of bb's and I can confirm that the dial print on the ss is really gen like. I also own a shield bb black gen so I can tell you the dial on this one is outstanding. Only thing that's not a 100percent is as with all bb's the pearl.

yes for me only the pearl isn't close to the GEN. BUt's why only the red is on the list of SuperRep?
that's my damn question! Anyway if the SS been produced later than the bb's Red, of course should be the same flawless

sebo_watch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/17
For me all bb's shield should be on the super rep list. Built quality is really great. Only one which is wrong is the bb dark dlc coating one and the bb bronze brown because the dial print is not so crisp. I think the list i just an orientation if you don't want to read all about your favourite watch and just make a quick buy.

alexandros2

17/2/16
i've red the list and all posts, and I guess is really stunning the SS. Just to have a 24/7 watch instead use the 16600 all days