Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heimdallr View Post
    The hour hand and second hand looks off
    Is that how the Gen is? A different level of lume?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    It's just the charge, they are the same.
    "People don't care about your watch, so wear what makes you happy!!!" -RWI Proverb# 7

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphy1975 View Post

It's just the charge, they are the same.
      Would you recommend reluming?

Comment

No why? It's just how well that guy charged the lume prior to snapping the picture. Lume is good and strong on the ZF reps.
        "People don't care about your watch, so wear what makes you happy!!!" -RWI Proverb# 7

Comment

Originally posted by JeanZee View Post
          What was the original problem with the Shield and Text?
          I have the gen steel and the rep. The rep is a super rep,in my opinion, the only way I can tell them apart is that the click on the bezel is slightly different on the gen.

Comment

Can you pick the gen?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey101 View Post

I have the gen steel and the rep. The rep is a super rep,in my opinion, the only way I can tell them apart is that the click on the bezel is slightly different on the gen.
              That's helpful to read!

Could you elaborate on the bezel click? What's the difference btwn the two? Thanks!

Comment

It’s the free a easy movement on the gen and it makes a different clicking sound.

Comment

Real difference in lume its not how strong it could be but how long does it last...
                  The black bay steel it’s truly a super rep

Comment

I wouldn't say it's truly a super rep, I have just seen it in person and compared it to my rep, dead giveaway is the text on the dial, the gen has a matt white finish to the text, the rep is a satin silver and slightly thinner. Also the crown is slightly more tucked in on the gen.

Comment

Having owned the rep now for about two months I would have to say its pretty darm close to being considered a 'super-rep'...
                      Very happy/satisfied with the watch, runs great (about +4 sec/day) and looks very close to a gen...
                      As I mentioned, regarding the lume, not super-bright but very acceptable, and seems to hold well.
                      Only area where some improvement could be made is with the bezel... some minor play- it could be tighter...
                      But for a $300 rep, IMO its an excellent purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey101 View Post
                        It’s the free a easy movement on the gen and it makes a different clicking sound.
                        Could you possibly do a side by side picture? Would you agree with someone above that stated that font if text on the dial is a dead giveaway?

Comment

Could you possibly do a side by side picture? Would you agree with someone above that stated that font if text on the dial is a dead giveaway?

In my opinion no...
                          you need a loop to find differences,and that’s not a give a way in rep game

Comment

Originally posted by Razorig2 View Post
                            I wouldn't say it's truly a super rep, I have just seen it in person and compared it to my rep, dead giveaway is the text on the dial, the gen has a matt white finish to the text, the rep is a satin silver and slightly thinner. Also the crown is slightly more tucked in on the gen.
                            Others have said it's a super rep. Are you looking at the text magnified?

Comment

No, you can see the difference from eye level, no magnification required. I just looked at the gen text and looked at mine. The gen text has a flatter bolder finish and it's matt white. The rep is a 3d printed text with a satin silver finish instead of being pure white and it's slightly thinner. However the rest of the rep holds up pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorig2 View Post
                                No, you can see the difference from eye level, no magnification required. I just looked at the gen text and looked at mine. The gen text has a flatter bolder finish and it's matt white. The rep is a 3d printed text with a satin silver finish instead of being pure white and it's slightly thinner. However the rest of the rep holds up pretty well.
                                You have better eyes than mine!

Comment

Working...
                                X