• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor pelagos zf clasp advice

sublym

15/6/15
Hi guys, just received a zf tudor pelagos and it's a beauty. However I am having problems with a hanging clasp as pictured.

Is this the same for the other owners of this watch?

Td is telling me there is nothing wrong but after 20 reps and a whole bunch of gens I am calling bs
72ec4c364d86bdcc5ec1e4e43a846b46.jpg
cf116df7f910457cd05e44b16d78b2f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sublym

15/6/15
Also please note even when worn it does the same thing. I pulled it all the way down my forearm so it was air tight and it still hang a hang on it

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
I had / have the same issue with my Tudor pelagos LHD, I squeezed mine in a vice but it needs a bit more, I think they have problems getting these right, it's the only thing that lets mine down.
I'm gonna swap mine with the one from my pelagos black.
Here's a pic of mine in the wrist, you can see that they haven't got the curvature right on the internal fold clasp.
yhavDzK.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
Another pic
You can make that happen tighter by clamping it in a vice so that it doesn't drop as in your pic.

Ft53Wsc.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

sublym

15/6/15
So every single one from the factory is like this?

Others have called these super rep but clearly not based on the clasp?

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Sorry, but gen is just similar. My V6F has got this „issue“, too. Shorten your bracelet a bit more or use the spring load mode to avoid this hanger.
It is a super rep but you know when it comes to complicated clasps and bracelets e. g. Glidelock or Tudor Pelagos there is not any rep anywhere near to gen. You have always to do rework and refinish to reach an acceptable result. Which is NOT similar to gen.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Yep gen is just as bad!! It used to annoy me on the gen along with the sharp edges so I sold it!!

sublym

15/6/15
Thanks for the advice guys!

EmEeBee

Looking Around
5/3/13
My V6 does this as well; if I wear it tighter than a normal metal band, it closes up some. The sharp edges are an annoyance.

ConchaLoma

Looking Around
28/7/20
Hi. I just got my Z Factory Rep and and the same problem of the clasp having a gap on the non buckled 12 side. I looked at the two pieces of hinging steel on the buckle and the two parts did not seem to fit too flush and there was quite a bit of space between the two. I bent the the more narrow piece of the two pieces of hinged steel by hand and them with by pliers (which I covered in plastic tape). The arc was most mis matching nearest to the hinge. This brought the buckle up. Be forewarned this also made the clasp harder to open. After doing it, I had to pry it open with wood popsicle stick! I played around with the arch of the thinner hinge side and found a sweet spot. The clasp no longer drops down and the clasp stays closed firmly, which I like. I could play around and get the clssp to stay less tightly shut and still not droop on the 12 side, but I got it they way I like it. In the picture shown I essentially bent the metal part pointed at by red line from yellow Slope line A to green Slope line B. The final level off adjustment is better shown by the actual piece of metal so use that as a reference than my poorly drawn line B! The next picture shows that the gap is gone. It is the watch being worn on my left hand upside down so I could take a picture of it. Don't worry the gap does not show up like before when the watch is worn correctly. This is my first rep in a long long time. Fun to be back. After this fix I am pretty happy. There is a bit of a mismatch between the clasp 1-3 spot adjustment indicator and the marking on the clasp. It was this way before my fix by the way. Don't think too many will notice. My watch is all well aligned. The date window is well aligned. I do thing the date window on the dial is pushed our far to the right to look correct on the dial which makes for the date to be a bit miscentered on a horizontal basis because the date wheel is what it is in the supplied movement. More noticeable in double digit dates. It is what it is!
grVzL.jpg
grxvQ.jpg

Last edited: