• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Amazing First Purchase - Rolex GMT II 126710BLNR Batman

WindSlayer

Looking Around
2/10/20
Hello! Just wanted to share my experience. I purchased the ROLGMT190C - GMT II 126710BLNR on 29th September and 17 hours later, I received the QC pics. That's amazingly fast! Way faster than I expected, but I understand YMMV.

China had a week long national holiday, and I got my shipping details on 8th October, finally receiving the watch on 14th October.

First off - I'm not a watch person. I only got the Rolex Batman because my brothers wouldn't shut up about theirs (something about Rolex being a good investment though I think my investments in Crypto are better, but I digress). Heck, I can't even read an analog watch properly. That being said, my concern was: would it fool them?

I must have watched 2 hours worth of videos on spotting replicas, and my gosh when I received the watch I was blown away. It looks perfect. For the most part, it feels perfect. The ROLEX markings on the inside of the glass line up perfectly, the numbers on the rotatable bezel have the correct depth to them, and so on. Funnily enough, as someone who had no interest in watches, I've sure read a lot about them in the past few weeks.

Totally impressed with my experience with Trusty Time. Will definitely come back if I need more :)

Zh0E3i.jpg

Zh0fc5.jpg

Zh0Rwp.jpg

Zh0NYb.jpg

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA
Congrats! I hope you are able to shut the brothers up with this. Probably well worth the purchase as it cost about 3% of what they paid, and yes, your crypto will most likely have better returns in the long run (with no cost of ownership). Rolex is like Mercedes (probably why they have the Mercedes hand). High cot of ownership, and never really an investment (unless vintage). Enjoy!

WindSlayer

Looking Around
2/10/20
Alright, managed to get dinner with them. Here's how it went down:

I reached the restaurant first and waited outside. As one brother approached, he immediately noticed the difference (I don't normally wear a watch). He went "WAIT WAIT WAIT, WHAT'S THAT!?" and made me remove it, turned on his phone light and started inspecting the watch. His wife next to him, he goes "this is real". His wife replied "are you sure", and he says "yes, it is". Can't stop smiling under my mask.

Next brother appears, the first tells him to check out my watch. He was wearing his own GMT Master II, so he compared both side by side. "Wow."

Passes it to his wife, who feels the watch and goes "something's wrong, the jubilee bracelet's too coarse". She gets gaslit by the two brothers. Epic.

It also passed my parents, so in total that's a 5/6 win which is absolutely amazing. Maybe I'll break it to them some time down the road ;)

----

But yes - after discretely comparing it with my brother's watch, I can feel the bracelet is kinda coarse to the touch. The whole thing passes visual inspection perfectly though, which is all I need.

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA

I reached the restaurant first and waited outside. As one brother approached, he immediately noticed the difference (I don't normally wear a watch). He went "WAIT WAIT WAIT, WHAT'S THAT!?" and made me remove it, turned on his phone light and started inspecting the watch. His wife next to him, he goes "this is real". His wife replied "are you sure", and he says "yes, it is". Can't stop smiling under my mask.

Next brother appears, the first tells him to check out my watch. He was wearing his own GMT Master II, so he compared both side by side. "Wow."

Passes it to his wife, who feels the watch and goes "something's wrong, the jubilee bracelet's too coarse". She gets gaslit by the two brothers. Epic.

It also passed my parents, so in total that's a 5/6 win which is absolutely amazing. Maybe I'll break it to them some time down the road ;)

----

But yes - after discretely comparing it with my brother's watch, I can feel the bracelet is kinda coarse to the touch. The whole thing passes visual inspection perfectly though, which is all I need.

Congrats!

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16

----

You must be smirking the entire night =p

Alemens

Horology Curious
3/3/20
The blue tonality on the bezel it does really looks fake

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Thats the thing how here we focus on small detail thinking it doesnt looke like gen, yet in your hands and with 97% of people all they see is a watch, the other 2% can see its a Rolex because its saying its a Rolex and 1% or less can actually know Gen vs Rep. They are so good at the rep game today even having a similar watch in your hand and people still cant tell if its real. I just ordered a SeaDweller and the ring with the rolex lettering the crown isnt 100% centered, and saw few youtube videos of Gen ones and neither are they. So I approved it. Its a smidge off still centered enough. Rolex isnt perfect as I thought it would be.

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
now that you had it for a while, how do you like it? how is it holding up? how do you like the bezel where the blue and the black meet?

WindSlayer

Looking Around
2/10/20
now that you had it for a while, how do you like it? how is it holding up? how do you like the bezel where the blue and the black meet?

I alternate between it and my Apple Watch. I think it's great, the bezel looks fine to me (take note I'm not that experienced with watches). The watch is fine for the most part, once in a while it stops at rest (despite being winded) and I'd need to give it some taps to start moving again.

Didn't make another thread about it, but I also bought a GMF DayDate 40mm (RDD0239A), which looks amazing (one brother said he needed sunglasses after looking at it). That had a stuck link and had to be brought to a local watch shop to fix, but works well otherwise.

Also just bought a ZF PP Aquanaut 5167R (PP0317) yesterday, anticipating that ZF and others will reopen after CNY and taking advantage of TT's CNY promo code and Crypto discount. Can tell my brothers that I bought it with Crypto profits :)

RolexDayt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/15
I alternate between it and my Apple Watch. I think it's great, the bezel looks fine to me (take note I'm not that experienced with watches). The watch is fine for the most part, once in a while it stops at rest (despite being winded) and I'd need to give it some taps to start moving again.

Didn't make another thread about it, but I also bought a GMF DayDate 40mm (RDD0239A), which looks amazing (one brother said he needed sunglasses after looking at it). That had a stuck link and had to be brought to a local watch shop to fix, but works well otherwise.

Also just bought a ZF PP Aquanaut 5167R (PP0317) yesterday, anticipating that ZF and others will reopen after CNY and taking advantage of TT's CNY promo code and Crypto discount. Can tell my brothers that I bought it with Crypto profits :)

Nice to hear, maybe an update of this watch? (And tbh, I’m also really curious about the DD40 :) )