• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

High Quality Replica Pens - Interested?

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Hi again Mosh - yeah I figured it was the real deal .... I have not seen a nib made to those standards on a rep ....

Funny how prices vary around the world ... in Australia I think the carbon steel FP is $1500 or so. That makes it more expensive even than the UK. We take a bath on price for a lot of things and keep getting told it is because our market is so smal blah blah blah - it is BS of course .... every commercial organisation pegs its prices as high as possible to make as much as possible .... MB would figure that if Aussies buy at the price - why lower it?

I will buy a silver Thomas Mann now that it has been reviewed ....

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
Hi again Mosh - yeah I figured it was the real deal .... I have not seen a nib made to those standards on a rep ....

Funny how prices vary around the world ... in Australia I think the carbon steel FP is $1500 or so. That makes it more expensive even than the UK. We take a bath on price for a lot of things and keep getting told it is because our market is so smal blah blah blah - it is BS of course .... every commercial organisation pegs its prices as high as possible to make as much as possible .... MB would figure that if Aussies buy at the price - why lower it?

I will buy a silver Thomas Mann now that it has been reviewed ....

Ive just had a look online and your right. It equals to £945 in the uk. That is severely expensive. I feel sorry for you guys. Best place for you guys to buy from is ebay. The one thing that i like about australia is that you guys have a custom threshold of $1000! In the uk, we only have a custom threshold of $24. Its a bloody disgrace. It stops me buying expensive goods from usa. Montblanc mark the prices up too much. The carbon steel fountain pen feels like its worth around £100 max. But people still willingly spend several hundred pounds on it.

May i ask who you brought your thomas mann pen from? I want to see if the quality is the same as mine.

This replica pen collecting is becoming highly addictive. Lol

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I will check - I 'think' it may have been watcheden

Just as soon as the customs systems here work out how to actualloy administer collection of the GST they'll do it - they just don't have the manpower and technology yet. But they are very careful with their wording on the issue: "GST is payable but not collected"

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
HEADS UP FOLKS - pens arrived today and are quite simply

STUNNING

Those who know me will understand I 'may' be just a tiny bit anal when it comes to my pens .... well, 4 of the 5 are just amazing quality.... and the other is beautiful but not a 100% replica (but I knew this going in)

:D

Will post some yummy pics as soon as I can, but here are some pics of what I ordered and received:

MARK TWAIN BALLPOINT (only version available) - I have a total POS version here that is the wrong colour, finish, cap etc. This one is the RIGHT colour, complete with the correct 'swirls' along the barrel AND the correct sized 'head' which is meant to represent the chimney stack on the old Mississippi Steamboats ..... bloody beautiful

le_bg_we_marktwain_2.ashx

JULES VERNE BALLPOINT and FOUNTAIN PEN (my FP has already been converted to Rolling Ball using another pen's gizzards)

le_bg_we_julesverne_2.ashx

POPE JULIUS Fountain Pen - main differences here are: thickness of barrel metal - threaded end of the cap is white resin not gold all the way down, and the clip is not as generously shaped/curved .... that said, this is still a stunning pen:

le_bg_poa_pope_2.ashx

Anyway - I will take some pics over the weekend if I have the chance ..... have fun

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Thanks TB ...... pics to follow in the next few days

Also - I will be placing a section on my photobucket page showing many MB Limited Edition, Writers Edition and Patron of Art Edition pens

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I think I may need a few of these, do they do the HP Lovecraft?

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
No HPL sorry .....

Being German, or more accurately "NOT" of English descent (and with a fair amount of problematic history behind them in their own right) I don't think Montblanc would produce a pen honouring him, but hey who knows....?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No HPL sorry .....

Being German, or more accurately "NOT" of English descent (and with a fair amount of problematic history behind them in their own right) I don't think Montblanc would produce a pen honouring him, but hey who knows....?

Ah, yes they did, I was simply asking if your source has repped it.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
if you can post a picture I will be happy see if I can find it .... I am not familiar with the pen

iamgaius

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/12
mont blanc 146 replica skeleton pen review

One of the most stunning & expensive fountain pen that montblanc make, is called the skeleton 333 pen. This pen has a retail value of around $15000.
Ive always liked transparent fountain pens, so when i saw that the dealer had a replica version of it, i had to have it :)

The pen looks absolutely stunning. The pen is very well made. It uses a piston convertor and writes ok (not as good as a real montblanc). The pen initially cane with a black plastic section connected with the nib. i swaped with the silver metal section that i had on a different replica. Here are pictures of the actual pen:

Skeleton pen with black nib section:

DSC02956.jpg

DSC02957.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

DSC02959.jpg

DSC02960.jpg

DSC02961.jpg

DSC02962.jpg

DSC02963.jpg

DSC02964.jpg

DSC02965.jpg

DSC02966.jpg

DSC02967.jpg

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

DSC02971.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

DSC02973.jpg

Skeleton pen with silver nib section:

DSC03072.jpg

DSC03073.jpg

DSC03075.jpg

DSC03077.jpg

DSC03078.jpg

DSC03079.jpg

DSC03081.jpg

DSC03082.jpg

May i ask or could you send me a pm where to get those rep skeleton pens. Thanks :)

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
The rep skeleton pens can be brought from narikaa. Heres a trusted dealer on this forum. I think he sells them for £20 each. :)

HEADS UP FOLKS - pens arrived today and are quite simply

STUNNING

Those who know me will understand I 'may' be just a tiny bit anal when it comes to my pens .... well, 4 of the 5 are just amazing quality.... and the other is beautiful but not a 100% replica (but I knew this going in)

Will post some yummy pics as soon as I can, but here are some pics of what I ordered and received:

MARK TWAIN BALLPOINT (only version available) - I have a total POS version here that is the wrong colour, finish, cap etc. This one is the RIGHT colour, complete with the correct 'swirls' along the barrel AND the correct sized 'head' which is meant to represent the chimney stack on the old Mississippi Steamboats ..... bloody beautiful

le_bg_we_marktwain_2.ashx

JULES VERNE BALLPOINT and FOUNTAIN PEN (my FP has already been converted to Rolling Ball using another pen's gizzards)

le_bg_we_julesverne_2.ashx

POPE JULIUS Fountain Pen - main differences here are: thickness of barrel metal - threaded end of the cap is white resin not gold all the way down, and the clip is not as generously shaped/curved .... that said, this is still a stunning pen:

le_bg_poa_pope_2.ashx

Anyway - I will take some pics over the weekend if I have the chance ..... have fun

Wow! Cant wait for the pictures :)

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Apologies for the delay in posting folks - life.

... and I am getting ready to go to Kuala Lumpur for a week.

Annnnnyway .... if anyone is interested to see the catalogue for the world's BIGGEST MB pen auction - here it is

The owner possessed possibly the most comprehensive MB pen collection outside of MB's senior executives.

http://forms.butterfields.com/pdf/20002_Pens_final.pdf

niceone

Looking Around
20/6/12
Those new pens look beautiful seriph; Can't wait to see the photos! Could you please PM me where you got them?

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Soooo what happened how did this thread suddenly die!!!! I want the pics..spend all day reading this brilliant thread guys..!!

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I have some bearable images of my more recent purchases .... I'll try to get them up in the next few days

Graman

27/8/06
Lovely pens...sorry though guys.....I'd rather make my own ;)
The reps are lovely though.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Totally understand Catwease.... ahem .... Graman. My purchases of these began because I am researching making a range of very exclusive limited edition pens for international distribution.

slick_rick513

Looking Around
14/9/12
Pens!!

Seriph, I was trying to find a replica of a MontBlanc Skeleton Pen and stumbled upon this forum. Some of these pens are magnificant. How can I go about buying some? PM me please