• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best place to find ball point pens?

ILOVEREPS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/10
Im looking for a Mont Blanc ink pen at a good price and of good quality. I see that timeshops and watch eden both offer pens, but is there anyone else out there that has a larger selection?

Thanks a lot!
PJ

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
Currently grooving on the CRKT Tao pen with tactical nib.

Awesomely badass looking, writes under any conditions (and under water, if need be!), and if anyone calls out your rep, you can stab them with it (shrug). Whats not to like?

tao.jpg

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
CRKT make pens? Interesting.
If they are as well made as their knives they should last
forever and a day.

Col.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Trevor really does sell a Tom of pens.
My choice would be Narikaa if he can get what you want. He's fast and knowledgeable, and you just never hear a bad word about the guy.

D

d4m.test

In addition to the sites mentioned, you might want to try G-Watch.com. I purchased two Montblancs from them for $10 a piece, ($15 shipping) & the watches are fine. Wide selection too. Just my .02

dave

ps: They're not a Trusted Dealer on RWI, though... .

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I bought a montblanc pen from timesshop, but it cost $58. Looking at the other prices I think I overpaid several times over! :(

rychastings

2/10/10
I bought a montblanc pen from timesshop, but it cost $58. Looking at the other prices I think I overpaid several times over! :(

in my opinion as a fountain pen collector and user, you would be better off just getting a nice pelikan fp or a high end lamy for that price D:

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
I own some gen and several rep MB pens and the reps are really just for show. The ball point fills are horrible (squeaky and thin paste) and in the fountain pens it is a cheap mechanism inside with a low grade feather. Don't expect anything fancy for this amount of money! The pens I got from Hont even had a nice MB box and a booklet.

If you want something that lasts get a gen pen because feather and mechanism are way better than in the rep.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
I've got a gen Montblanc Meisterstuck rollerball, and the thing writes like beauty. Awesome flow. Too bad the gen refills are $8 and last only about 4 pages of writing. I ended up getting aftermarket refills and they work just as good.

I have a Narikaa fountain and the nib is a bit weak. The plastic is not as good ad some of the paint is chipping. Other than that, the fountain is alright. I'd go for the Narikaa pens though, cuz if you're not used to fountains, then you're in for a big surprise.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I own some gen and several rep MB pens and the reps are really just for show. The ball point fills are horrible (squeaky and thin paste) and in the fountain pens it is a cheap mechanism inside with a low grade feather. Don't expect anything fancy for this amount of money! The pens I got from Hont even had a nice MB box and a booklet.

If you want something that lasts get a gen pen because feather and mechanism are way better than in the rep.

+100

The MB rep pens are only for show. If you just want it to sit on your desk you're fine. But if you actually want to write with it you have to go gen.

I typically use a Visconti with Schmidt 888 fills - it writes great!!!

My wife recently picked me up a MB Generation at Costco (I know, go figure) for something like $160.

I wouldn't bother with rep pens. Just my $.02

GenOwner

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/3/11
I do not understand this Rep thing if you want something to work with quality then buy a Gen or do not complain. A watch is bad enough at least it tells time but to buy a Rep pen to sit on your desk what kind of fake person are you. Buy what you can afford and don't pretend to be something you are not.

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
I do not understand this Rep thing if you want something to work with quality then buy a Gen or do not complain. A watch is bad enough at least it tells time but to buy a Rep pen to sit on your desk what kind of fake person are you. Buy what you can afford and don't pretend to be something you are not.

So what compelled you to join a replica watch forum? Curiosity? I'm curious as to why a watch is "bad enough"? Sounds a little preachy.

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
can't you just swap out the refill for a gen? wouldn't that work for the ball point?

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
can't you just swap out the refill for a gen? wouldn't that work for the ball point?

I don't know with the ballpoint. I only use rollerball pens, and I have not been able to find any RB refills to fit the rep MB pens.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09

Most of us just like watches, pens, etc.... - rep or gen (and usually own both, you stupid a$$)

ILOVEREPS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/10
For the record mr Genowner, I own a tag, Among other gens and two mont blanc gens. A$$!