• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mont Blanc, Accurate Rep? Cheap\Damaged Gen

arbitary

Horology Curious
11/9/13
Hi all,

I've just got myself a MB145 platinum trim fountain brand new off eBay in the UK (for around half price!) and I'm very impressed. Always loved a quality pen and for me this is next level. Saying that I am interested in expanding my collection a bit more and maybe getting a 146/149. Anyone ever come across a good replica of either of these? There are a few mentioned on alibaba but no feedback (it doesn't appear that they have been able to replica a piston filler in any case), so I am hesitant. If not these pens what's the best fountain pen reps you've come across?

Ideally I'd like a genuine pen but after a careful look at eBay I think the best I could do would be a 146 in broken condition for around £100 plus the trip to MB for £60 for a fix up.

Secondly and after careful studying of this section the last couple of days it seems that the roller ball and ball point meisterstuck that take genuine refills are the way to go. I'd like to try and complete the platinum line set but don't particularly want to buy from Alibaba. Does anyone have any suggestions of where else I might get some, maybe a TD or member?

You seem to have tried a few seller and some of you have great collections so would be interested to hear any advice you may have! I also love to see a collection be it gen or rep!