Replica Fountain Pens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replica Fountain Pens

I do not know if this properly belongs in this particular area. It is not about replica watches but it is about replica fountain pens. If it does not fit then please move it to the appropriate location.

Having stated that then let me go on:

A little bit about replica fountain pens - if you want to get a replica fountain pen for the looks then buying one is a good deal if you are after the Mont Blanc look. If you are after the pen as a writing instrument then that is another story. The replica pen that I purchased from Precious Time is a good example. As far as looks and weight go, it is great. Compared to an authentic Mont Blanc pen in regard to the flow of the pen across a piece of paper it is not close to an authentic Mont Blanc. Unlike a replica watch where one is concerned about the movement keeping accuate time, there is no feel issue involved, if you discount how it feels on the wrist. With a pen, however, especially a fountain pen, the feel of the nib on the paper is all important. 21K gold nibs feel different than 14k nib which feel different than steel nibs. The nibs on the replica fountain pens can look really nice but there is a great deal of difference between looks and feel. So if you want to get a fountain pen that writes well and flows across the paper like a high quality fountain pen then you pretty much have to get an authentic Mont Blanc, Bexley, Waterman, Omas, Sailor etc.

I am happy with the replica Mont Blanc pen that I got from Precious Time. His service was great! However, it does not compare to an authentic Mont Blanc pen in regard to the actual writing. It does fine for what it is.

If you really want to have a replica pen that writes just like the authentic pen then you should get a roller ball or a ball point and then use an authentic Mont Blanc refill in it or whatever brand of the replica pen that you purhcase. In this way you will get the look and the feel.

While I agree with you pretty much across the board, I have gotten rep pens (Mont Blanc) that felt good.. very good.. the thing is, they were expensive, around $65 not counting shipping..

At the same time, I will say that they are not 100%, just better than the less expensive versions.. one has a good chance if one asks for 'the very best' replica..

JMO
    Klink

Comment

Nice post and review. I always go for ballpoints anyway, looks better in terms of quality to me for replicas, as you stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Klink
        While I agree with you pretty much across the board, I have gotten rep pens (Mont Blanc) that felt good.. very good.. the thing is, they were expensive, around $65 not counting shipping..

At the same time, I will say that they are not 100%, just better than the less expensive versions.. one has a good chance if one asks for 'the very best' replica..

JMO
        Klink
        65 for a rep montblanc is too much in my opinion. I'd rather have a gen then that can be serviced or whatever to ensure quality for about 3 times that price.

Comment

ok, rub it in..
          you are both wealthier
          AND smarter
          than I...

Life is Good!
          Klink

Comment

wealthier? no......smarter.....no again. I respect your military past!

Comment

Yep

@Klink

They can feel really good, that is for sure. Not as silky smooth but still very good. Fountain pens are overpriced in the same way that I think watches are. I mean, come on, a fountain pen, no matter how well it writes is not worth over a 500 or 1000 dollars or more.

Comment

True. However, rich people want the 'best' of the best......price says a lot. A hamburger that costs 20 dollars MUST be better than one that a dollar fifty........right? :roll: ........ 8)

Comment

Hamburger

@ Dutchy

Yeah a 20 dollar burger is better than a buck fifty burger but not better than a seven dollar burger. Now if we are talking about a fifty dollar burger then that is something else.

Comment

Its amazing what money and marketing does/ can do to a person 8)

Comment

99 dollar burger

http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentw...-04-05/659.asp

Go there for your culinary delight!

Comment

Rep pens

You can buy a $ 20.00 burger or a $ 2.50 burger or anything in between. If the meat is good so is the burger. Just like a $5.00 watch from the fleamarket, it tells time and is cheaper than the replacement battery!
                        :shock: :shock: :shock:

Spring is etrnal.

Comment

Re: Hamburger

Originally posted by Monty

Yeah a 20 dollar burger is better than a buck fifty burger.
                          You've obviously never had a White Manna Hamburger.

Eddy

Comment

In and Out Burger

Me, I like the In and Out Burger from the In and Out Burger joints in California. They are just great.

Now about replica fountain pens.....

Comment

History of the Fountain Pen

http://www.classicwoodpens.com/fphistory.htm

If you are interested, you can go to the above link for a short history of the Fountain Pen. There are a lot of Fountain Pen collectors. I only have a few and I do not collect them. I just want them to write with not to display.

Comment

Working...
                              X