• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So What Caliber Does Its Job Better In a Defensive Situation ? [A new study]

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
This debate has and will rage forever. I’m still a 45 is best when it matters most but 9 or 40 for carry

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I still believe that there is no magic caliber or bullet.

You fill the attacker full of holes.

Let the blood seep out, and the air seep in. Targeting the cranium just increases your odds of survival.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
It's what you have when the SHTF is what counts. And the nerve and balls to use it while standing your ground. You may be good at the range and paper targets, but if a guy with a machete makes you pee in your pants, .......pray. Any pistol in your person is what counts. A .45acp is great. A .40s&w is good. A 9mm is adequate. But at the moment of truth, your pocket .32 seecamp will save your hide.

Reactions: DD60

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
It's what you have when the SHTF is what counts. And the nerve and balls to use it while standing your ground. You may be good at the range and paper targets, but if a guy with a machete makes you pee in your pants, .......pray. Any pistol in your person is what counts. A .45acp is great. A .40s&w is good. A 9mm is adequate. But at the moment of truth, your pocket .32 seecamp will save your hide.

No doubt. Many times (like now), I have a Keltec P32 on me with a spare magazine in my weak side front pocket of my shorts.
Many, many years ago there was a pawn shop owner (in Florida IIRC) that was attacked by a customer with a "ninja sword". He lived, the attacker died.
The guy had enough presence of mind during the struggle, to reach into his pocket and pull out a Beretta 950 in .25 ACP and shoot/kill the attacker.

Edited the post and found the article about it here-

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/i...s-ninja-sword-harrowing-tale-of-self-defense/

Last edited: