• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

welcome to the country club

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
welcome to the country club of RWI.

before we start, a little explanation :)

I have been watching folks looking for members from specific parts of the world a lot of times. -The reasons, well they can be all kinds of things, like postal issues custums issues, or finding scammers, or also very important, to arrange a social events like GTG's.

Reading the forum posts and all the info here, is a great satisfaction and most of us learn more, than we had dreamt about in the first year here.
But knowing the members here and making friends is a big reason to keep coming back here, for a lot of members. Therefore we now have the country club. This is a place where members can sign up to be on a list of countries, worldwide.

You join simply by posting your member name and location in the thread with your country name.

Last but not least, according to google, there are currently 257 sovereign states in the world, so in order not to just jump start 257 new threads at one time, I'll list the countries that are the most common here atm. please don't regard it as disrespectfull, if your country isn't on the list to begin with, just post a new thread with the country's name, and we'll be allright :)

To begin with U.S.A will be listed as one country, but if there are enough members in this list, I will consider to brake it into states instead.

I hope you will join, and find the country club usefull :)

trk

EDIT: I'm glad to see the members joining here.
Initially the thought was to have something like a index of members sorted by countries. now what I see is lots of talk about gtg's and other stuff in the country threads. I think that is great, and whatever use you guys are seeing in these threads makes it worth while :)

however, I will now start editing the threads, by copying the member names, who posted in a thread into the initial post of every thread. - now the 1st post of every thread will work as a index, and you guys can use the following thread for what ever purpose like gtg's customs postal issues and so on.

let me take a few days to work it out :)

trk

Reactions: calamityjane

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I am currently working on a list of 60 countries, posting them right after another will be a killer for the newest posts page. - therefore, have a little patience, the list will be available soon enough :)

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Is Whathefukistan listed?

Because seriously, whathefuk is that?? :D

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
nope, also didn't list north korea and twitt islands :) thought about listing saudi arabia, as we had a member from there who was hanging out here quite often at one point...

anyone can just post a new thread with their country, if they don't find it already.
if they do, the country thread will be listed within a day.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Great thing you´ve started here, mein Freund!:thumbsup:
Tried to give some reputation; but due to system i can´t give to you any more right now..:cry:

THIS THREAD IS A REAL GOODIE FOR ALL MEMBERS. I WAS VERY AMUSED TO READ WHO´S FROM WHERE!

Thanks Trk!

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
at this point the germans and the scotsmen are ahead of everyone with 5 members each.... c'mon gents and ladies, we can do better than that :)

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I was thinking of listing "the north pole" here in the country club , but rumours say that santa isn't a member here??? we seriously need to change that!!! ASAP!
Much easier to wish for a vac modded 3717 v2 with taka crystal and swiss 7750, gen hand set, if he knows what that means!!!

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I'm glad to see the members joining here.
Initially the thought was to have something like a index of members sorted by countries. now what I see is lots of talk about gtg's and other stuff in the country threads. I think that is great, and whatever use you guys are seeing in these threads makes it worth while :)

however, I will now start editing the threads, by copying the member names, who posted in a thread into the initial post of every thread. - now the 1st post of every thread will work as a index, and you guys can use the following thread for what ever purpose like gtg's customs postal issues and so on.

let me take a few days to work it out :)

trk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
We can, if you send trksh-bzr a PM I'm sure he will add your country.