• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig Moldy780

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Jason I’m not trying to argue with you I’m just trying to clarify. Just to make sure we are on the same page, I have some AP dials I no longer need and instead of selling them stand alone I have received great interest in frankens and decided to put them into JF 15400 so that I can slowly sell off my dials.

Yes, I am not building these to enjoy them but I meant it in the sense that the dials have been a part of my collection and I am now letting go of them. Surely this cannot be ban-worthy.
That not why you are here, I was simply pointing out your statement of you didnt just Build watches to sale here wasn't true per your own admission.
I don't have a dog in the fight here and you need to understand this brigging wasn't done willy nilly.

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Last edited:

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16
That not why you are here, I was simply pointing out your statement of you didnt just Build watches to sale here wasn't true per your own admission.
I don't have a dog in the fight here and you need to understand this brigging wasn't done willy nilly.

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Jason, thanks for clarifying. Perhaps I could have done a better job articulating as well. Sometimes it is hard to convey things through text alone.

Please let me know if there’s anything you or the mod team would like from me.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
if there is so much proof, why is this guy still being allowed in the house?

Reactions: dannyjb3

Tailspin

Supporter
25/10/12
Yes, I literally mentioned in the post above yours that I have amassed a large collection of dials over the years...

Ahhh OK , so once you buy it , it becomes part of your "personal collection" even if you never use(d) it .

It"s just statements like this that undermines your credibility .

You remind me of the former US President Clinton ..."I was never alone with that girl " (because you cant be alone if you are with someone else) .

Reactions: 3king and capice

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Being stuck in the brig for life is just the same as a permanent ban anyway so it don't really matter

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
What is the process that follows from here?

Now we see what other reports come flowing in from possible transgressions you may have committed elsewhere (lots of gen fora admin keep an eye on this section of RWI) and see if you are as bad as your scamming brother.

Reactions: tmp2018

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
if there is so much proof, why is this guy still being allowed in the house?

Um, he's not. He's brigged isn't he?
He's in here because we wish to see just how much of a naughty boy he's been. If he's sold a $500 fake as a gen 10k watch for example some wronged buyer may wish to make a court order for his personal details, a request our lawyers would be happy to comply with.

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Um, he's not. He's brigged isn't he?
He's in here because we wish to see just how much of a naughty boy he's been. If he's sold a $500 fake as a gen 10k watch for example some wronged buyer may wish to make a court order for his personal details, a request our lawyers would be happy to comply with.

TB,

I’m sure that with time you will find that not a single person was deceived into buying a “gen” which was actually a rep. Yes, there were the hulk parts and bluesy on eBay, but both of those were remedied before anyone was impacted by the sales thank God. I should be able to get my money back from the original sellers as well, so hopefully I will not have gotten scammed too. Please feel free to reach out with any details you would like to know about.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
not taking sides here but interesting thread and wanted to contribute my two (if that) cents.

i am not only a noob on this forum, but to watches in general i'd say. seems like the replica game is getting so strong, that even your above-average watch enthusiast can be dooped.
my local patek AD, where i take mine, told me of a guy who brought in his 35k watch for years for service, and it wasn't until they sent it back to the factory that they discovered it was a replica.

also, my omega 2537.80 ended up with a wrong caseback after one of my visits to the watchmaker. not telling when this happened, could have been 3 years ago. but i just noticed and it is the only possibility since i only take it to that place for service. what to do ? it unknowingly became a franken (sigh)

so until everyone has a very nice loop/photos and a well trained eye, seems like replicas can be passed as gens quite easily. or they should really register each and every watch internationally, like a car. so there will be an owner associated with a given watch. i for one am scared that some of the watches i paid 10k for are replicas now.

cheers

Sooo, please to tell, and all of replicadom wants to know, what fake PP replica was this? I am sorry to say your AD is blowing hot smoke through your rear end.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
i am not only a noob on this forum, but to watches in general i'd say. seems like the replica game is getting so strong, that even your above-average watch enthusiast can be dooped.
my local patek AD, where i take mine, told me of a guy who brought in his 35k watch for years for service, and it wasn't until they sent it back to the factory that they discovered it was a replica.

also, my omega 2537.80 ended up with a wrong caseback after one of my visits to the watchmaker. not telling when this happened, could have been 3 years ago. but i just noticed and it is the only possibility since i only take it to that place for service. what to do ? it unknowingly became a franken (sigh)

If this AD can't tell a replica patek from a genuine, they really don't have any business being an AD. To my knowledge none are that close, and the movements should be a dead giveaway.

As far as your Omega, I'm truly sorry to hear that. Accidents happen, and if the watchsmith is that careless, I'd take my business elsewhere.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
If anyone can explain to me why, as a member of the forum for years with 1500 posts who has seen a lot, I would use RWI-linked eBay accounts to scam people then I will quit fighting this brigging and call it a day.

Here is an explanation. This is PURE fiction, but an explanation.

Assume I am knowledgeable about franking watches. Just assume I am Delboy who has a buddy who knows a bit. I do a small job here and there, and suddenly I want to do a little bit bigger. But I want to cover myself in case I need to explain. So, I ask another buddy to sell my product in public, and I buy, paying relevant costs. I list and sell at significant profit to costs. In case I get caught, I have an alibi, or at least a credible explanation.

Again dude, not an accusation. Just one interpretation/explanation. The cricket match is boring, PAK- AFG, but looks like it just turned interesting. So good luck and best wishes.

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Here is an explanation. This is PURE fiction, but an explanation.

Assume I am knowledgeable about franking watches. Just assume I am Delboy who has a buddy who knows a bit. I do a small job here and there, and suddenly I want to do a little bit bigger. But I want to cover myself in case I need to explain. So, I ask another buddy to sell my product in public, and I buy, paying relevant costs. I list and sell at significant profit to costs. In case I get caught, I have an alibi, or at least a credible explanation.

Again dude, not an accusation. Just one interpretation/explanation. The cricket match is boring, PAK- AFG, but looks like it just turned interesting. So good luck and best wishes.

That is actually a brilliant scheme LOL.

However I still don’t understand what sense using accounts linked to my eBay account has.

I am asking mods to ask for whatever info they deem necessary and I would gladly oblige, be it screenshots, transaction numbers, etc. I really have nothing to hide.

If I were in fact trying to scam people I wouldn’t care about being banned from RWI as I could just get whatever I needed from other forums. To be honest I haven’t even bought anything off this forum in a while, I’m sure the mods can confirm that. Though this forum is a great resource there several different avenues through which a scammer who is actually intent on scamming people could acquire whatever they need.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
The match is over, and was exciting... The mods/admins/senior members do do an excellent job. I really dont have anything to say other than to wish you the best!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Moldy780 have you listed / sold any of these parts I’ve called you out on so far anywhere else than eBay?

Deepdweller

Known Member
6/6/19
The previous owner told me that the watch case was reworked by LAWW and re-cut, and that the serial number and reference number was lost in the process.

How in the world does your 1995 16613 with a “re-cut” case have thicker lugs than the newer 2006 16613 you sold last January? Laser-welding usually doesn't add that much material.

8c49.jpg

It's almost as if the guys at “LAWW” were trying to make it a six-digit Sub case if we were to believe your story.

Looking back I should have realized that the first owner was being shady, but I got a good deal on it as well and was excited to have the watch.

I actually think the entire watch is gen minus maybe the case since that has been pointed out. The bracelet is definitely solid gold, the movement is a 3135, the bezel is gen, etc.

On TRF, you listed it with the title “FS: 1995 Rolex Submariner 16613 "Bluesy" - Fresh from service today

For sale is a Rolex Bluesy reference 16613. This watch is fresh from service and had the following parts replaced: Bezel insert, dial, and hands.

All three of these parts are new and have lume on them instead of the older tritium which stopped glowing. The movement also received a fresh service and had the hairspring replaced.

This case has been reworked to look pretty much brand new. As a consequence of this, the reference number and serial number between the lugs of the watch are now illegible. I have taken this into account when pricing the watch. The watch has a W serial number and has the original bracelet that it came with.

You say you think the “entire watch is gen minus maybe the case” yet in that listing you know enough to say when it was serviced, which parts are original and which parts are replacements. What is it then? Do you think or do you know? There's also no mention of a previous owner in that listing.

And who ”serviced” it? Because your eBay listing shows you tinkering and putting a different and damaged dial in that same exact case.

8c4a.jpg

Reactions: DreadPirateRobert

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
How in the world does your 1995 16613 with a “re-cut” case have thicker lugs than the newer 2006 16613 you sold last January? Laser-welding usually doesn't add that much material.

8c49.jpg

It's almost as if the guys at “LAWW” were trying to make it a six-digit Sub case if we were to believe your story.

On TRF, you listed it with the title “FS: 1995 Rolex Submariner 16613 "Bluesy" - Fresh from service today

You say you think the “entire watch is gen minus maybe the case” yet in that listing you know enough to say when it was serviced, which parts are original and which parts are replacements. What is it then? Do you think or do you know? There's also no mention of a previous owner in that listing.

And who ”serviced” it? Because your eBay listing shows you tinkering and putting a different and damaged dial in that same exact case.

8c4a.jpg

My watchmaker serviced it. Here is his desk and him at work. He’s the same one that does my AP frankens. That dial on the eBay listing was the one that was in the watch pre-service. As you can see it’s damaged hence why I had him put a new one in. Since this forum seems to doubt everything here is a pic of him at work from a couple years ago, you can recognize the desk.

Mod Edit: Watchmaker pic removed

Last edited by a moderator: