• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SA3135 vs SH3135

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
The movements have been around for years we just knew them as yuki.

Both movements are solid provided you get them serviced. The sa3135 got some bad press because noob, when they released the v6s sub and dssd, used a batch of old v1 sa3135's that had the weak stem issue. The v2's are better but suffer from shit quality driving and reversing wheels. This isn't unusual - if you looked carefully at an Asian 2836 vs a Swiss for example, the issues are the same. Poor materials used and poor QC. BUT contrary to popular belief you can replace them on the sa3135 with gen parts by grinding the jewel. You would need an extremely skilled modder to do this. What it essentially means is it isn't the time bomb everyone makes out and in fact can be serviced not chucked out and replaced. I have 3 and they are my best timekeepers.

All Asian movements are reasonably designed but poorly assembled. I would always recommend a service immediately regardless of movement. Get it tested to 5atm and away you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timto1388

16/10/16
United Kingdom

Both movements are solid provided you get them serviced. The sa3135 got some bad press because noob, when they released the v6s sub and dssd, used a batch of old v1 sa3135's that had the weak stem issue. The v2's are better but suffer from shit quality driving and reversing wheels. This isn't unusual - if you looked carefully at an Asian 2836 vs a Swiss for example, the issues are the same. Poor materials used and poor QC. BUT contrary to popular belief you can replace them on the sa3135 with gen parts by grinding the jewel. You would need an extremely skilled modder to do this. What it essentially means is it isn't the time bomb everyone makes out and in fact can be serviced not chucked out and replaced. I have 3 and they are my best timekeepers.

All Asian movements are reasonably designed but poorly assembled. I would always recommend a service immediately regardless of movement. Get it tested to 5atm and away you go.

May I ask ? Have you been serviced any Sh3135 yet ? Please do not feel offended with my question

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
So, you're saying that their reversing wheels tend to fail and only a very expert watchsmith can be able to either repair them or even put a gen replacement. How is that not a time bomb?

Reactions: Valdon Sadiki

ssouthall6

10/10/13
So, you're saying that their reversing wheels tend to fail and only a very expert watchsmith can be able to either repair them or even put a gen replacement. How is that not a time bomb?

I never said that, what I said was we have discovered the reversing wheels can be replaced with gen. On all Chinese movements the quality of steel is an issue. But to put this into context, I have owned four sa3135 watches and have only had an issue with one which was resolved with a service, and that was 4 years old.

To answer the previous question, yes I have had a yuki serviced. As have countless others here. No offence taken.

timto1388

16/10/16
United Kingdom
I never said that, what I said was we have discovered the reversing wheels can be replaced with gen. On all Chinese movements the quality of steel is an issue. But to put this into context, I have owned four sa3135 watches and have only had an issue with one which was resolved with a service, and that was 4 years old.

To answer the previous question, yes I have had a yuki serviced. As have countless others here. No offence taken.

Yes I agreed with you quality of steel on Rep movement is poor than Gen , if you hand not steady enough u might break some parts so easily [emoji24][emoji28]That was me ,me and my watch maker have serviced the SH3135 and we found out it's not totally same as Yukki or Gen

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Yes I agreed with you quality of steel on Rep movement is poor than Gen , if you hand not steady enough u might break some parts so easily [emoji24][emoji28]That was me ,me and my watch maker have serviced the SH3135 and we found out it's not totally same as Yukki or Gen

It's the same with all the parts. Hands for example, how many times have I had to go on the hunt for new hands because they just fall apart when you try and mount them [emoji23]

At the end of the day they are reps and are cheap for a reason but I have ten beautiful frankens and one gen that I wear in rotation and keep on the winder. Movement issues are so rare now with any of them. The best advice I can give is send for a service straight away and hope for the best. If you get a few years it's money well spent.

The Docta

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/17
I know in comparison the SH3135 is way more reliable than the SA3135. You have to replace the whole movement when an SA3135 breaks unlike the SH3135.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
I know in comparison the SH3135 is way more reliable than the SA3135. You have to replace the whole movement when an SA3135 breaks unlike the SH3135.

This is incorrect, you don't have to replace the whole movement, we've found since that parts of the sa3135 are interchangeable such as the driving and reversing wheels.

The sh3135 has more interchangeable parts with gen but with a service both can be reliable movements provided they are cleaned and re-oiled properly.

The Docta

23/3/17
This is incorrect, you don't have to replace the whole movement, we've found since that parts of the sa3135 are interchangeable such as the driving and reversing wheels.

The sh3135 has more interchangeable parts with gen but with a service both can be reliable movements provided they are cleaned and re-oiled properly.

Interesting! I have read the opposite on the forum. I guess others are misinformed as well. Thanks!

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
When it comes to reliability,
I had way more luck with sa3135 movements than SH.
I have 2 JF Rolex watches with SH31xx and they gave me countless problems. One of them is at the watshmith for the 4th time - it seems I need to change some parts too.
My sa3135 Rolex watches are running strong.

Reactions: digdown2001

The Docta

23/3/17
I had way more luck with sa3135 movements.
I have 2 JF Rolex watches with SH31xx which gave me countless problems. One of them is at the watshmith for the 4th time - it seems I need to change some parts too.

Oh wow! I read it's best to just swap for an ETA or other movement, then you can start modding with gen parts and have a great watch. Thanks for all the info!

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Oh wow! I read it's best to just swap for an ETA or other movement, then you can start modding with gen parts and have a great watch. Thanks for all the info!

ETA is the way to go.
I gave up on SH movements - I had too many problems with them. I've read that some members had similar problems with SH31xx so it's not just me.

The Docta

23/3/17
ETA is the way to go.
I gave up on SH movements - I had too many problems with them. I've read that some members had similar problems with SH31xx so it's not just me.

Awesome! I'll have to start doing a build!

D

d4m.test

considering the the Noob V7 114060 with SA3130, do you know if this mod could be done on the sa3130 as well? Also do you know a modder capable?

D

d4m.test

considering the the Noob V7 114060 with SA3130, do you know if this mod could be done on the sa3130 as well? Also do you know a modder capable?

There are quite a few modders on here the work with those movements. Depending on what exactly you have can swap in some Gen parts.

Sent from the RWI App

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
When it comes to reliability,
I had way more luck with sa3135 movements than SH.
I have 2 JF Rolex watches with SH31xx and they gave me countless problems. One of them is at the watshmith for the 4th time - it seems I need to change some parts too.

Which watches??