• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Carrera slr 300... Four versions? Which one to pick?

Penaro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/21
Hi everyone. I was looking for a cool rep and I felt in love with the retro style of these Carrera slr 300. I've been searching through the TD websites and found 4 watches very similar among them

1)https://puretimewatch.io/calibre-18...ion-brown-dial-ss-on-leather-strap-a7750.html
I suppose this is the original one or a limited edition with brown dial (amazing) and leather strap, 41mm case

2)https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_210&products_id=7446
Very beautiful with stainless steel strap and black/graish dial. This one has got a 43mm case. Description says display case back but pictures shows a solid case back with Mercedes car. I much more prefer the display case back

3)https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_210&products_id=7802
Pretty similar to number 2 with lighter gray dial maybe? Different bezel. 43 mm case. Description says solid case back but pictures show a lovely display case back with nice rotor and blue screws decorated movement which, as I already said, I prefer much more over the solid case back (I don't really want a Mercedes car on my watch)

4)https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_210&products_id=8761
Pretty identical to number 4 but 41mm case and much cheaper... Why?

To my taste ideal one would be the brown dial one in a 43mm case with stainless steel strap and display case back with that nice rotor and blue screws on the movement.
Which one should I go for? I suspect something is not quite right with the descriptions of those watches, there are mistakes maybe...
What are the real differences among them and what about the difference in price?
Could anyone post ideas and help me in choosing?
Thanks

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
These look like rather old reps, before analyzing in details each of them, you may want to ask your TD which of these are still available. The fact that they are listed on the website doesn't mean that they are

Penaro

13/9/21
Thanks for answering.
I'll try to contact Andrew from trustytime and let you know.
Meanwhile if anyone got any ideas or suggestions about those watches and those tricky descriptions feel free to share

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I tried to get anyone of these years ago as I really like the vintage aspect but all were long out of production:confused:

Penaro

13/9/21
Thanks for answering thatwatchguy. Unfortunately Andrew said the same thing here is his reply:
"Sorry but these old listings are not available anymore "
I've been looking for mounts trough the TD websites. I've literally seen thousands and thousands of reps. I really liked these ones. Asked some other TD but don't have much expectations now. Do you or anyone else know anything similar to those tag Heuer Chrono with a retro style...? (No white or black dial)

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Thanks for answering thatwatchguy. Unfortunately Andrew said the same thing here is his reply:
"Sorry but these old listings are not available anymore "
I've been looking for mounts trough the TD websites. I've literally seen thousands and thousands of reps. I really liked these ones. Asked some other TD but don't have much expectations now. Do you or anyone else know anything similar to those tag Heuer Chrono with a retro style...? (No white or black dial)
You’re out of luck with any vintage style Tags, I’ve searched a lot and they do not seem to be in fashion. Newer models are only being made unfortunately.

Luquito

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/4/22
UK
Penaro did you have any luck finding these vintage heuer anywehre?

something I’ve been keen on for a while!

Penaro

13/9/21
Unfortunately not. Asked many TD but they are too old. Only hope is to find them used but I think they sold quite a few of the brown one and that's the only one that could possibly be found used...

Reactions: Luquito

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Recently I was lucky to get parts for brown / orange SLR300 with leather strap - case, case back, dial, leather strap, clasp. What is missing is the movement (no issue - new ETA 7750 on the way to me now) but another challenge is hands - anyone have an idea where to get those small orange / sliver hands for subidals?

https://www.calibre11.com/review-tag-heuer-300-slr/

Penaro

13/9/21
May I ask you where did you find those parts?
hands are difficult to find, probably impossible. I know that hands are slightly different between the a7750 you find on reps and theb original valjoux. But since you got a valjoux 7750 arriving you'd be better looking for genuine hands. But I've got no idea on how to that and if it is possible at all. Otherwise only option would be to fit retro styled hands you can easily find on eBay.
I'm following your project and very interested

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
May I ask you where did you find those parts?
hands are difficult to find, probably impossible. I know that hands are slightly different between the a7750 you find on reps and theb original valjoux. But since you got a valjoux 7750 arriving you'd be better looking for genuine hands. But I've got no idea on how to that and if it is possible at all. Otherwise only option would be to fit retro styled hands you can easily find on eBay.
I'm following your project and very interested

It was a M2M sale and I was lucky to get these parts a few days back. The only thing which is missing is the movement - easy to get and I decided to go with ETA 7750 and subdial hands - as SLR 300 is using very specific share of subidal hands I'm afraid there is no chance to get them and I would need to use different hands - eg small orange or silver hands which are available for 7750:

Penaro

13/9/21
I suppose that's the best solution at the moment. You could also look for some hands from the valjoux 7734 movement. You could possibly find some very retro looking hands, perfect for that watch but you got to check if they can fit on the 7750 movement...
​​​​​​

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Lovely project, I don’t get the sub dials hands change as what I have seen rep and gen are the same square.

The orange ones are not correct for this model?

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Lovely project, I don’t get the sub dials hands change as what I have seen rep and gen are the same square.

The orange ones are not correct for this model?

Well, SRL 300 uses special shape - silver bar with orange tip - shape of subdial hands and I'm afraid I won't be able to get them (rep or gen). I don't like the idea to use a different shape of subdial hands but I'm afraid I don't have any other option...

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Well, SRL 300 uses special shape - silver bar with orange tip - shape of subdial hands and I'm afraid I won't be able to get them (rep or gen). I don't like the idea to use a different shape of subdial hands but I'm afraid I don't have any other option...

Ah yes I get it, keen to follow your build man good luck with it and will follow with interest