• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Avenger Seawolf Swiss eta 2824

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Before rwi I purchased a Breitling Avenger Seawolf Swiss eta 2824 or so it was described. Oven never had any issues with the movement, keeps time, crown is smooth etc.

Since then my knowledge base on watches has grown immensely and my curiosity has gotten the better of me to the point I decided to open this one up to see what the movement actually is.

Now I am out of my depth - can anyone confirm what movement it is?

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Looks like a Z2? The screws instead of being tabs is my first thought.

Can you swing the rotor so it is directly 180° of picture 2?

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Definitely a Z2 movement. Triangular click ratchet and screws instead of swing dial clamps. I take it this is an H-Factory Seawolf?

Bad news:
1. This is not a swiss movement
2. It's very cheaply made and can not be repaired
3. Date wheel is not compatible with ETA movements
4. I hope you didn't pay swiss prices for this

Good news:
1. If it's working, they seem to run for a while. Most either crap out early in their lifespan or run for a long while
2. It's directly replaceable with a 2836 (swiss or clone). Literally drop in replacement, but the date wheel font will be wrong. Very easy to drop in if you have tools

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Agreed, z2. I did the aforementioned swap in one of my steelfish. The font difference is not overly noticable and you can watch eBay as the date wheel occasionally comes up. Personally I'd swap it and be done with it vs waiting for it to implode if you like the watch.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Thanks all for the expertise really appreciate it.

Movement seems solid so I'll see how it goes but will reassess with the recommendations if it goes south as I don't have a watchsmith yet or even contemplated a mod yet...still so much research to do and not enough time in the day!