Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

GMF Batman vs Gen Batman

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMF Batman vs Gen Batman

Quick comparison pictures showing gen 2016 BLNR (oyster bracelet) vs GMF (jubilee).

Will share my thoughts later. For now here are some quick iPhone pictures.

KSWATCHES

Side by side plenty of flaws and looks like a pass but interested in hearing your in hand thoughts.

Comment

GMT hand?

Comment

To my taste, makes no sense to spend 8.3K€ in the GEN when you have this amazing rep by less than 450€.

On the wrist, the flaws are almost unnoticeable.

Comment

Insert + ICHS + dw, for me it's a no go

Comment

DW and Cyclops are not a too great.

To me the insert looks fine. Bezel color is a bit more white on the Rep but that could be lighting. And who has a gen side by side on the street.

To me the flaws are acceptable from wrist distance. If someone wants to get more perfection then he can always swap the cyclops and DW with a gen one. If you add gen bezel / Dial it’s basically 1:1.

Great Comparison KS! Looking forward to hear your thoughts on them.

Comment

Need some time to take a good look before sharing my thoughts.

GMF Dial is very nice:

Gen:

KSWATCHES
              Last edited by KSwatches; 17-05-19, 16:05.

Comment

The insert, dw, and cyclops are crap. Dial and hands too. Swiss made, really? I'm sure it's somewhat a decent watch but it is a highend rep and too many misses for this coin. In person may be different but looks cheap and like a rep in pics, especially side by side. You can't rep the blnr half baked.

Comment

Originally posted by sinsir View Post
                  The insert, dw, and cyclops are crap. Dial and hands too. Swiss made, really? I'm sure it's somewhat a decent watch but it is a highend rep and too many misses for this coin. In person may be different but looks cheap and like a rep in pics, especially side by side. You can't rep the blnr half baked.
                  What’s wrong with “Swiss Made” Dial on 2019 watch mate?

Cyclops and DW mod is required even on high end ARF, so that’s a given in this industry.

KSWATCHES

Comment

It's not that bad to be honest I only don't like the cyclops I think the cyclops of the first ARF Submariner had a way better cyclops but it's a good first attempt

Comment

Swiss made is correct with 2019 model

Comment

Added crown and on the wrong side of the minute markers. The cyclops mag looks off besides just black hole and maybe enhances the dw to look worse than others?

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3f4n View Post
                          Swiss made is correct with 2019 model
                          I see it now on other google images. The one I was using and the gen wasnt that way... so...

I couldn't understand how they could mess up that bad. Makes more sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by sinsir View Post
                            Added crown and on the wrong side of the minute markers. The cyclops mag looks off besides just black hole and maybe enhances the dw to look worse than others?
                            DW ain’t too bad. Cyclops needs modification but so does Noob and ARF.

This is the Cyclops on a circa $600 noob gmt:

This is the DW and cyclops on a $400ish ARF:

In comparison, the GMF DW ain’t bad at all. Just needs a profS cyclops (just like almost any other rep rollie):

Hour markers on the GMF are very impressive. Better than the pointy 12 marker you see on a significantly more expensive ARF Sub. ARF hands are much better tho

KSWATCHES
                            Last edited by KSwatches; 17-05-19, 16:51.

Comment

Those have to be some of the worst mag options to pick! Its funny we are discussing this because I was just looking at some mags and dw on reps thinking an upgrade would be good.

Comment

Working...
                              X