• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mod Edit: I was anxious at first about the purchase but it all worked out in the end.

qqraxtt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
19/5/19
Hey,

I honestly do not understand why sead has such positive feedback. My interaction with him has just been ridiculous. I'll summarize quickly:

I inquire about availability and price of watch, takes a bit but he still replies once a day. Paid on June 5, confirmed same day. So far so good.

June 9th comes QC. Wrong color. Weird, I reiterated color twice and it is also in the email subject.

I write him and he says ok let's see.

I hear nothing for 3 days and ask him what's up. He said he ordered a new watch but hasn't heard back. So far so good.

June 27, still no new QC pictures, nothing heard from him.

July 5 QC for new watch arrives. Bezel looks dirty (should be a quick fix). I ask him to check whether it is dirt or a broken bezel, if he can send timegrapher pics, and maybe change the date (unsure whether uncentered date). He replies next day that he will look at it. Takes three days to simply brush away dirt. I am getting super annoyed, an encounter that should have taken 5 minutes takes 4 days.

I ask him for the timegrapher pics again, and haven't received an answer for a week after asking again he said that he already sent the pics (he didn't, but I got an empty email).

I red lighted the watch and just wanted this ordeal to be over. I changed my order to a Tudor gmt zf that he has in UK stock. I asked for uk stock pictures to get the watch as quickly as possible.

After confirmation of QC pics I heard nothing. Browsing the forums I see a post on repgeek of a German guy who ordered the Tudor gmt zf from UK stock AFTER I CONFIRMED and now (August 4) already has the watch in his hands. What the actual fuck. I am just wondering where my watch is, and how this guy got the watch before me even though I ordered the UK stock watch. I am at my wit's end

I have no idea why people like buying watches from him. Getting an answer from him is impossible. He answers in cryptic ways and when he finally replies he answers one of three questions, so that you have to ask him again and wait for another email for days. I cannot think of a more unprofessional way of dealing with this.

I am beginning to think the reviews here are mostly shilling.

Think twice before ordering from him. I think other places seem much more professional and especially quicker.

So buyers beware.
Q

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vi-Lo

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I can't tell about others buyers but I've always been really happy buying from Sead.

There's some things buyers must know and accept before dealing with him :
1 - ask ONE question / get ONE answer ... I never ask no more than 3 questions in 1 mail and organize it as a list : 1 / 2 / 3
2 - if 1 question get no answer just wait for 2 days and mail it back ... ALONE
3 - sometimes Sead is off-line for some days but he always comes back

A part from that lack of communication skills I must say that Sead has always been 100% honest with me.
He's the only TD who ever told me, about a watch he could get and sell, "don't buy that one ... not worth the money you'll spend".

Nevertheless that is MY experience.
Buyers and dealers sometimes don't "fit together" ... but "don't think twice, it's alright".

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I think you should think twice about starting threads like this . I have purchased 10 watches from Sead with absolutely no problems both from China and the UK . All the watches he has sent me have been spot on , and i continue to buy from him . He has just sent me the QC pics for my latest watch an hour ago .

' I am at my wits end ..' this isn't Amazon chap ( i'm assuming you are a newbie and this is your first watch ?) . You are buying illicit/illegal /fake goods from China . Things seemed to have gone a little skew-whiff with your order this time and that is a shame . However there are two sides to every story and we are only hearing one . I'm sure Sead will supply you with an excellent watch , then you can choose someone else for your next purchase .

'His reviews here are mostly shilling ' :D What like fake Google reviews he has got his relatives to make :D His reviews are made by current forum members who's profile you can click check out their contribution to the forum .

I for one can vouch SEAD and his watches . However perhaps i have different expectations as to the buying experience than yourself .

qqraxtt

MULTI ACCOUNT
19/5/19
I think you should think twice about starting threads like this . I have purchased 10 watches from Sead with absolutely no problems both from China and the UK . All the watches he has sent me have been spot on , and i continue to buy from him . He has just sent me the QC pics for my latest watch an hour ago .

' I am at my wits end ..' this isn't Amazon chap ( i'm assuming you are a newbie and this is your first watch ?) . You are buying illicit/illegal /fake goods from China . Things seemed to have gone a little skew-whiff with your order this time and that is a shame . However there are two sides to every story and we are only hearing one . I'm sure Sead will supply you with an excellent watch , then you can choose someone else for your next purchase .

'His reviews here are mostly shilling ' :D What like fake Google reviews he has got his relatives to make :D His reviews are made by current forum members who's profile you can click check out their contribution to the forum .

I for one can vouch SEAD and his watches . However perhaps i have different expectations as to the buying experience than yourself .

Yes, I am a noob. Yes, I am sure that sead has a different view of the story, as I am surely impatient and send too many emails. And I understand that this is not your regular online purchase. I really do.

I was simply expecting that the reason for waiting for watches was due to factories not being able to produce them instead of a TD not responding for days, or responding with empty emails/missing attachments. This is what annoys me and what I have difficulties dealing with.

The fact that another guy ordered a watch after me and got it before me is just the last straw, and you can surely agree that this is frustrating?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Yes, I am a noob. Yes, I am sure that sead has a different view of the story, as I am surely impatient and send too many emails. And I understand that this is not your regular online purchase. I really do.

I was simply expecting that the reason for waiting for watches was due to factories not being able to produce them instead of a TD not responding for days, or responding with empty emails/missing attachments. This is what annoys me and what I have difficulties dealing with.

The fact that another guy ordered a watch after me and got it before me is just the last straw, and you can surely agree that this is frustrating?

This all looks like Noob nervousness to me chap, and unrealistic ' Amazon ' expectations of ordering . Don't worry i have been there. You readily admit you send too many emails and are very impatient . Firstly SEAD's first language isn't English , so no sense sending protracted emails or expecting them back . Secondly Sead isn't sitting at a desk with your watch on it awaiting emails . Sure you may catch him during office hours , however he often replies to me when i know it is midnight were he is . So perhaps he is having a beer , or chilling in front of the TV catching up with his emails . For instance when you sent him the ' should have taken 5 minutes email ' he might not have been anywhere near your watch to clean the bezel . Lastly Sead is a one man band unlike other TD's on here .

Nobody can really answer your questions because as i say there are two sides to every story and we are only hearing yours . However without meaning to be offensive you seem as if you would be an absolute nause to do business with, you sort of admit it your reply . I mean things have gone wrong and you start numerous threads slagging Sead off , one calling him a liar . That's not cricket ! Again Sead has gotten your payment , i'm sure he will supply you with a good watch ( not in the time frame you wanted you wanted a summer watch LOL ) then you can take your business else where next time .

I can only reply with my experience and they have been very good . I have received UK watches in 2-3 days from payment whole process max 5 days , and watches from China whole process from 9 days to perhaps 18 .

Last edited:

qqraxtt

MULTI ACCOUNT
19/5/19
This all looks like Noob nervousness to me chap, and unrealistic ' Amazon ' expectations of ordering . Don't worry i have been there. You readily admit you send too many emails and are very impatient . Firstly SEAD's first language isn't English , so no sense sending protracted emails or expecting them back . Secondly Sead isn't sitting at a desk with your watch on it awaiting emails . Sure you may catch him during office hours , however he often replies to me when i know it is midnight were he is . So perhaps he is having a beer , or chilling in front of the TV catching up with his emails . For instance when you sent him the ' should have taken 5 minutes email ' he might not have been anywhere near your watch to clean the bezel . Lastly Sead is a one man band unlike other TD's on here .

Nobody can really answer your questions because as i say there are two sides to every story and we are only hearing yours . However without meaning to be offensive you seem as if you would be an absolute nause to do business with, you sort of admit it your reply . I mean things have gone wrong and you start numerous threads slagging Sead off , one calling him a liar . That's not cricket ! Again Sead has gotten your payment , i'm sure he will supply you with a good watch ( not in the time frame you wanted you wanted a summer watch LOL ) then you can take your business else where next time .

I can only reply with my experience and they have been very good . I have received UK watches in 2-3 days from payment whole process max 5 days , and watches from China whole process from 9 days to perhaps 18 .
I see that I made errors. I would like to edit my post a bit but I don't know if people would appreciate that. Most responses wouldn't make sense anymore.

Last edited:

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16

Possibly frustrating but definitely NOT a good reason to write things like "buyers beware" (and here I quote you).

The best you could do now is :
1 - cool down a little
2 - have a drink with friends
3 - patiently wait for your watch

Another good thing you could do, IMHO, is apologize for your behaviour.
Pinpointing some difficulties you encountered while dealing with a TD is one thing and could help him to improve the way he manage his sales.
But falsely accusing him is another thing and is useless ...
Period

Reactions: snorky1 and 5t3f4n

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I see that I made errors. I would like to edit my post a bit but I don't know if people would appreciate that. Most responses wouldn't make sense anymore.

Here you go the right way ;)
People won't appreciate if you edit your post :( but you still can quote yourself then self-comment and amend ... that would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5t3f4n

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Sead doesn’t usually use Timegrapher for qc

how has he been dishonest? Slow, maybe, but hardly dishonest

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
I can't tell about others buyers but I've always been really happy buying from Sead.

There's some things buyers must know and accept before dealing with him :
1 - ask ONE question / get ONE answer ... I never ask no more than 3 questions in 1 mail and organize it as a list : 1 / 2 / 3
2 - if 1 question get no answer just wait for 2 days and mail it back ... ALONE
3 - sometimes Sead is off-line for some days but he always comes back

A part from that lack of communication skills I must say that Sead has always been 100% honest with me.
He's the only TD who ever told me, about a watch he could get and sell, "don't buy that one ... not worth the money you'll spend".

Nevertheless that is MY experience.
Buyers and dealers sometimes don't "fit together" ... but "don't think twice, it's alright".

^^ THIS.

Sead is perfect and 100% honest. He is a very nice guy and always helpful.
Bought several times from and can highly recommend him.

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
Regardless your experience and troubles you can be sure you will get the watch. Sead is an honest hard working man.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
This is a perfect way to be blacklisted by all TD’s. Good start....

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
It's just a matter of expectations mate. In this industry things can go flawless and you get a watch in 10 days, or not. Simple as that. Even with not many screw ups, a watch can take around a month to reach you, or even two. Or you can have it on your wrist in a week and a half. With some of the big TDs like Puretime you usually have it faster (if it's a common watch like a Sub, Royal Oak or Seamaster), but you are just a figure to them and the QC they might do is not as good as the control someone like Sead, Lucy or Mary would do. The smaller ones are slower, but they take their time to go to their sources, look at the different watches of each model and handpick the one with less flaws for you. That has a price which you pay not in money but in waiting time.

Reactions: littowun

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Sead = TD = TRUSTED DEALER

Well, TS was a TD before its status was removed. Both The Cartel members were TDs before they had their status removed.

Being a TD means a lot, but it doesn't mean you are immune to criticism. Constructive criticism, of course, and always trying to resolve matters positively. But even TDs can screw up.

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
Well, TS was a TD before its status was removed. Both The Cartel members were TDs before they had their status removed.

Being a TD means a lot, but it doesn't mean you are immune to criticism. Constructive criticism, of course, and always trying to resolve matters positively. But even TDs can screw up.

Fair enough!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Fair enough!

Don't get me wrong, I am by no means critizising any of our TDs. It's just that I think that is good to encourage feedback on our transactions, this way if anyone has the temptation to take advantage of any member of our community it will face consequences.

Of course, this doesn't mean that anyone can have a go at our dealers as they provide a really good service indeed. Just my two cents.

Reactions: up_right