• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sead giving me the run around.

71bucks

18/5/10
And to be even clearer. The biggest problem I have with the situation is Sead's response. He told Slaughterer to go search for the watch and is basically trying to wash his hands of it. That is NOT the proper resolution. I would rather take the hit on the watch then have Sead tell Slaughterer to go look for it. He has nothing to do with the order other than it being shipped directly to him at my request. I feel bad enough that Slaughterer took his time going back and forth with me on this. He went out of his way to make some calls to see if there were problems with shipping lately and he didn't even have to do that. I am grateful for his help in the matter and definitely owe him a beer for taking up his time on this.

What did "go look for it" mean? Have Slaughterer check his front/back door and anywhere else it might have been dropped off (seems very reasonable)? Or do an investigation of the delivery service/make the calls to try and get them to trace it (why couldn't you do that so Slaughterer wouldn't have to)?

Your situation doesn't have a good resolution (other than a miracle delivery): you've ordered an illegal item from another country and had it shipped other than to your location and it hasn't turned up and we all know that the tracking generally stinks when we order from TD's. Posting your experience was good; this kind of thing happening from time to time with a TD is probably normal but IF multiple similar experiences started to pop up on the boards then the members could react to it by going to another TD. (All my opinion, of course, which could be/probably is wrong.)

71bucks

18/5/10
What's glaringly obvious to me is your lack cognition.

Direct quote below from the OP - the fact that he raised the subject of Loco Louie twice whilst trying to justify his hyperbolic thread was your clue as to where precisely he was making a comparison to Loco Louie - the suggestion being that if he posted this thread then it is to avoid having another LL situation.

If we don't post when someone starts to have a problem with a TD or supporting vendor, no one is alerted to a potential problem and members could end up having problems (like with LocoLouie), a cation is always best.
As we all know, there have been TDs and supporting vendors that went bad on these forums and members got screwed by them. Hearing when there is a bad transition helps alert members and hopefully keeps more of them safe. It is not like no one has gotten stiffed on here before- just ask the members who still haven't received their watches from LocoLouie.

Do you understand now ?

You're dumb as hell if you didn't understand the OP's reason for mentioning LocoLouie AND my explanation of why that was not a comparison but a justification for posting his experience. His pre-emptive defense of his posting was because of your first post in the thread which reeked of skepticism and put him on the defensive.

I'll let you remain a fool and not become one myself by continuing the back and forth beyond this post.

71bucks

18/5/10
Which is why you've posted this thread - to irritate him, get back at him because he hasn't handled tjis to your satisfaction.

This is a review thread, logically you would post your review once the situation has been resolved. You've involved a mod, who is no doubt in contact with Sead? and when the situation is resolved you will obviously update this thread so that it really is a review thread and not you trying piss someone off because they've pissed you off.

I just can't...

The whole reason he mentioned LocoLouie was to justify posting his experience BEFORE all possibility of resolution were exhausted (rather than after): had folks started posting about LocoLouie when the run-arounds started a whole lot of other folks would've had pause and LocoLouie wouldn't have gotten a chance to screw with nearly as many people as he did.

Whether he should've posted before all possibility of resolution was gone or now is debatable; what isn't debatable is that he was NOT making a comparison between Sead and LocoLouie.

Now, I'm a fool for being in this discussion too long and I'm embarrassed for having tried to get you to follow rational thought when I really don't care if you understand or not.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
Slaughterer gets his stuff delivered to a mail room where he works. The package shows on the tracking delivered at 8pm, that is after the mail room closed. I contacted a Mod, they will look into it. They can decide what should be done about it. No matter the outcome, this is still how Sead handled the situation and so people should know so they can decide for THEMSELVES whether they want to use him or not. The watch is not a big deal, I will buy another one and have it sent to Slaughterer. The big deal here is only that a few people can't read and post shit because I simply gave my review of my experience. So when they post their good reviews does that mean I should go crap on their thread and remind everyone of my bad experience- maybe that is what needs to be done so some assholes stop crap posting when I said NOTHING wrong.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Slaughterer gets his stuff delivered to a mail room where he works. The package shows on the tracking delivered at 8pm, that is after the mail room closed. I contacted a Mod, they will look into it. They can decide what should be done about it. No matter the outcome, this is still how Sead handled the situation and so people should know so they can decide for THEMSELVES whether they want to use him or not. The watch is not a big deal, I will buy another one and have it sent to Slaughterer. The big deal here is only that a few people can't read and post shit because I simply gave my review of my experience. So when they post their good reviews does that mean I should go crap on their thread and remind everyone of my bad experience- maybe that is what needs to be done so some assholes stop crap posting when I said NOTHING wrong.

So while you wait for mods to intervene , you start the same thread in all rep forums?

https://www.repgeek.com/super-mirrors/293829-buyer-beware.html

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Over the last 6 years or so, I’ve had watches lost, stolen, seized, delivered to the wrong address, wrong watches sent to me, my watches sent to others, customs calling me,
Buyers wanting money back, PayPal disputes, scammers....Lol

It’s all part of the experience.

Best just relax and enjoy the ride.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
So while you wait for mods to intervene , you start the same thread in all rep forums?

[video]https://www.repgeek.com/super-mirrors/293829-buyer-beware.html[/video]

Yes, or do you prefer just to keep it hush hush so no one knows about it? Maybe you missed the POINT of review sections.

I don't care about the watch, he can do nothing and it matters not to me. But yes I will remind everyone of how he decided to try and stick it on me to figure out what happened.

So any new people looking for a TD, take note if these members who are bashing the fact that I have posted my experience. That should give you a good idea of what they are about. So choose to follow their great experiences and if this happens to you, they will say the same thing if you post your experience. If it were up to a few if these guys, no one would be aloud to post anything without their permission first. Everyone can read this thread in whole and decide for themselves what is going one here.
But even if Sead did fix the situation because of a Mod steeping in, that doesn't change the fact that he handled it the way he did to begin with.
I am going to buy a new watch from a different TD. I don't cry over money. And if anyone reads this thread and thinks I cried about loosing a watch or money they need to go back to school and learn how to read.
This is my experience and how Sead handled it. Again even if he takes care if it because a mod steeps in, it doesn't change a thing. If the watch shows up, I am just giving it to Slaughterer for having to deal with back and forth emails. I am buying another one for myself.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13

Was it delivered with DHL? Sounds very much like my case where a package was "delivered" but at 11 pm (which is ridiclious)

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I am not sure exactly the carrier. Supposedly it was DHL, but I can't be certain. I was finally given a tracking number and used 17Track.net to track it.
66b9b8d124636f69576b20bf34716239.jpg

Reactions: neeeechlas

Juraj_G

Renowned Member
24/9/16
Just my 2 ct., the time in the tracking doesnt necessarily show, when it really was delivered. French post shows updates always with time at midnight and here the example of DHL - loaded onto vehicle and delivered the same moment? And two hours ago misrouted? So i would take the time indication with a huuuge pinch of salt

0a6936fc2dea4819f526056f491cafa2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pascal2018

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/18
I agree with palaufreak. some misunderstanding can happen, I advise the opener to continue to trust him.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oh man, so you are saying Sead has gone rogue like LocoLouie? That’s terrible

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

No he's not or at least I hope not. LL was a new vendor whereas Sead has been a TD for more years than most have been members. Sead has my trust and this will turn up sooner or later as many folk have attested.

Reactions: electric

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

So, tracking shows this was delivered and yet it's Sead's fault? How, exactly?
Why blame a seller for something that is obviously out of his control, you are being malicious in your accusations here.

Reactions: McTat and SuperLory

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I have used Sead before and my watch was lost in the mail. He reshipped me a new piece.

He's an absolute gentleman and always answered emails and provides tracking number with the delivery address on the form.

In my view best course of action would be get the signature image to find out who signed for the delivery. I believe Sead can get this for you.

The sentiment in your post does suggest some TD bashing which I believe is uncalled for. He's only Human and could have shipped it to the wrong address ...who knows.. shit happens.

Good luck with it all. Patience is much needed in this hobby surely you know that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
You're dumb as hell if you didn't understand the OP's reason for mentioning LocoLouie AND my explanation of why that was not a comparison but a justification for posting his experience. His pre-emptive defense of his posting was because of your first post in the thread which reeked of skepticism and put him on the defensive.

I'll let you remain a fool and not become one myself by continuing the back and forth beyond this post.

I don't care about your explanation, what you think is of no interest to me. Your interpretation of events, situations, opinions is of no interest to me.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I just can't...

The whole reason he mentioned LocoLouie was to justify posting his experience BEFORE all possibility of resolution were exhausted (rather than after): had folks started posting about LocoLouie when the run-arounds started a whole lot of other folks would've had pause and LocoLouie wouldn't have gotten a chance to screw with nearly as many people as he did.

Whether he should've posted before all possibility of resolution was gone or now is debatable; what isn't debatable is that he was NOT making a comparison between Sead and LocoLouie.

Now, I'm a fool for being in this discussion too long and I'm embarrassed for having tried to get you to follow rational thought when I really don't care if you understand or not.

Now you're doing it - comparing this situation to the LL situation.

LOL at you two.

Reactions: neeeechlas

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

Wow, your oestrogen levels have shot through the roof.

And any body who disagrees with you is an asshole. Noted.

And now your spamming other forums with 'Buyer beware' threads - looks very much like revenge to me, and very little to do with a 'review'.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
From Buyer Beware on RepGeek because I had alerted sead on the thread there.

sead1999 said:

I dsorry guys i didnt see this
But here my side of the story
First
Why you dont say the whole story
U ordered two watches
One to your address which u got tracking within 24 hours after shipping
And this one its a trianhle shipping to germany
Which i cant give u tracking number right away .
To cut it short
I asked u nicely can the guy in germany call the shipping company to see whts up
Its a 400 dollar watch i dont want to throught it just like that in garbage
At least he can call or something to the post office
But nothing from you
So yesterday i contacted the moder myself and i told him whats happening
So he could take a look
As of you , you when straight to the modderd annd bad post

I stand here behind every single loss or everything
And even a bad thread i will replace the watch
But would be nice just little effort to check if is lost or still in the post office

I have lost before watches
And i will loose
But i think i replaced every single one

So im asking just for little effort which you are not doing
And im doing myself with the modder in germany