• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Q : Was the forum upgraded in the last 12hrs? Difficult to browse..

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Looks like the forum has been upgraded in the last 12hrs. I am having issues or better to say it is difficult to browse the forum with the "latest activity" button - it gives only part of what happened since my last visit, I have to click on the "filter" to see more what I want to see - once I do it if I hit refresh have to select again the "filter" since it is again reset to the original settings. Furthermore when I go down, listing the threads at the end is "more" and not as it was yesterday 1-2-3-4-5-...25 pages and at some point the "more" is not anymore present, like I came to the end of the filtered "latest activity"..

Strange and difficult to live like this, please bring back the "old" settings or tell me if it is something on my end which makes my browsing difficult..

Reactions: Nivka

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
It is working using the external link from browser, but if you click on the latest activity from site nope

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
It is working using the external link from browser, but if you click on the latest activity from site nope

I don't understand what you are trying to say..

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
I think he's saying it works if you had a link bookmarked from before, but yes I'm having the exact same issues. Used to browse Latest Activity as my "update" to the forum - now it makes browsing what's going on practically impossible. Hopefully the admins can look into rolling back any update to how it was before, as I really don't want to browse every subsection of the forum manually.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I think he's saying it works if you had a link bookmarked from before, but yes I'm having the exact same issues. Used to browse Latest Activity as my "update" to the forum - now it makes browsing what's going on practically impossible. Hopefully the admins can look into rolling back any update to how it was before, as I really don't want to browse every subsection of the forum manually.

Thank you, even me cannot understand what i wrote lol but that's what i wanted to say ...

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
freediver LOL

Actually I had the bookmark from before but it is still like the way I described it - all the best stuff is always bookmarked, right?

Reactions: freediver

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
It's not an update of the forum, it's just a change of link.
The old system was impractical in many ways, the new system shows in a better way what was recently posted on the forum, without filtering anything out, on purpose.

You can still use the old system if you click on the New topics link in the navigation bar, it's the first submenu link at the top, this will show you the exact display you used to have in the latest activity link.
That way everyone can use the forum as he likes it :)

Is this solution working for you dadog13 ?

Reactions: dadog13

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Glaude yes!!! Back to the old solution. I’m happy again

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
It's not an update of the forum, it's just a change of link.
The old system was impractical in many ways, the new system shows in a better way what was recently posted on the forum, without filtering anything out, on purpose.

You can still use the old system if you click on the New topics link in the navigation bar, it's the first submenu link at the top, this will show you the exact display you used to have in the latest activity link.
That way everyone can use the forum as he likes it :)

Is this solution working for you dadog13 ?

That's what I was looking for, too! Thanks Glaude

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
Thanks this too was my main issue...back to being happy happy joy joy