• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tapatalk issues

momedic

Known Member
25/7/12
Your mom's basement
Is anyone else having issues with push notifications through tapatalk? I get notifications for other forums just not RWI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Hi !
Thanks for the feedback !

That could be multiple things, but most likely a temporary bug. If the notification were working before (before in like a couple of weeks ago) then it should work again, as nothing has been done on RWI side that is related to notifications.

Tapatalk is never far from the origin of the problem and forum software are usually never the culprit ;)

Mika00

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/10/17
Mine is also not working. However it hasn't worked since I got it.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
For me it never worked after the crash last year

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Thanks guys for the feedback !

Unfortunately, we have little to no control on how Tapatalk fetches information from our board to push notifications in the app.
Of course we could tinker into their code to see what's wrong, but that would most likely prevent the plugin from working, in addition of being a breach of their rules.

We will not forget this tapatalk issue, but in the meantime, I'll be working on fixing the mobile version of the board, so that Tapatalk isn't really needed in the end :)

Cheers

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Isn't the mobile app for the board just a masked tapatalk app?
Also another major issue is Pictures. Pictures post on the web version or with certain code doesn't show up on tapatalk and last I checked the issue was on the RWI mobile app also.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
The RWI app is indeed nothing but a slightly customized Tapatalk, but it's fully done by Tapatalk.
I was talking about the mobile version of the board, not a mobile app :)

Yes, we made Tapatalk aware of this issue and they are looking into it :)

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Ahh ok my bad got confused with mobile version and mobile app.

One thing I have noticed in the search feature on the mobile version searches tend to pull up older post first and then the newer posts comes later or may be certain sections show up before others.

And in Tapatalk the webview option doesn't link back to the page on the forum just say something like page cannot be found.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI