• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do not buy or sell from me - Banned Category

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
Dear Administrators and Mods,

I turned up my RWI and found that this has been listed on profile. I tried to PM mods directly but the PM function has been removed from my account. I tried to use the search bar to find our more details about this category, in the RWI rules section and T&C but no where to be listed.

May I know what has happened and is this a permanent banned in my account? I remember very clearly I did not exceed any HVS approval or sales limit per month. So far no disputes within me and my buyers.

Thank you

APRL

fettapa

Known Member
27/8/16
3 months ban for sales thread crapping if I recall correctly :)

:ban:

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
3 month time out to sit in the corner and think about how your words and actions affect those around you.

Hopefully in 3 months you'll be ready to play with the other kids

Sent from the RWI App

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
You thread crapped on a sales thread and persisted after fair warning

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
does this sound familiar to you ?
Reality butt hurts you too much? Get real!

charge : crapping in a sales thread AFTER i told you to stop .

Content:
aprolexlover
Given By:
Raddave, Yesterday at 10:34 AM
Details of Warning:
Nosale
thread crapping
Warning Points:
1 (Expires Dec 20, 2017)

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Dave was extremely patient with you but you would not shut up. You should be thankful you're not in the Brig.

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
does this sound familiar to you ?

charge : crapping in a sales thread AFTER i told you to stop .

Content:
aprolexlover
Given By:
Raddave, Yesterday at 10:34 AM
Details of Warning:
Nosale
thread crapping
Warning Points:
1 (Expires Dec 20, 2017)

Ah @Raddave, you are the sentimental Mod, he'll be out in time for Christmas! How nice.

Dave was extremely patient with you but you would not shut up. You should be thankful you're not in the Brig.

Brig is currently crowded otherwise he may well have ended up there...

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
I find it really bizarre how some members can get so sensitive in RWI. The matter of fact when the seller first highlighted that my initial comment was termed "sales crapping" without even doing his own research, and more over he asked for my opinion where he could find one at that price, because I was apparently to him "bullshitting" that one could have bought a genuine 116520 for the same watch price he is seeking to sell for. From his sales thread, the watch did not come entirely as full gen, and was a zenith convert movement, not even the gen 4130 movement was observed. So it doesn't make sense to me how he could have asked for 7k euros for a watch that was piece together from loose parts, when in recent years one could have bought an entire new 116520 directly from an AD?

Of course my explanation above was not first fully extended because I respected his sales thread, but just wanted to "point out" that one could have bought a gen instead. Until I was heavily blamed for "sales crapping", hence I elaborated the truth. But nobody, not even one single member there believed me that the 116520 was retail for 7k euros during 2013 till early 2016 in my country, Singapore and even Hong Kong. I am not comparing with something that was farfetched decades ago, i.e. someone selling a 6542 here for 7k euros with gen and aftermarket parts but the resale for gen now is 50k euros, and watch is more than 40-50 years ago. I am merely trying to be transparent and realistic to layout the facts and information that within less than two years ago, one could have bought a full genuine Rolex 116520 watch. So why would anyone, perhaps me even, to consider a piece together rolex at such a high asking price?

This was just my honest opinion, but it seems the forum members, especially the "Patrons" were quite ignorant. Perhaps because they saw me as a non-supporting member and also that I have just joined a couple of months ago despite I had laid out the facts and examples backing up my statement, with reference to other gen watch forum sales discussions on the 116520.

I apologise if I opened up a can of worms, or hurt anyone's feelings to begin with. But why get so agitated and ignorant over the truth and facts? We are all here for the same hobby, to enjoy beautiful watches, and eventually to learn more about these watches. How can sharing information be eventually termed as "sales crapping"?

If I was selling a all gen parts piece together Submariner 116610 for $8,550 used here, but has a converted movement. I'm pretty sure someone out there would have pointed out the same thing as I did. Can I then say he or she was "sales crapping"?

Anyways, i've learned my lesson the hard way. I hope you guys don't take it personally. See you after Christmas.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I find it really bizarre how some members can get so sensitive in RWI. The matter of fact when the seller first highlighted that my initial comment was termed "sales crapping" without even doing his own research, and more over he asked for my opinion where he could find one at that price, because I was apparently to him "bullshitting" that one could have bought a genuine 116520 for the same watch price he is seeking to sell for. From his sales thread, the watch did not come entirely as full gen, and was a zenith convert movement, not even the gen 4130 movement was observed. So it doesn't make sense to me how he could have asked for 7k euros for a watch that was piece together from loose parts, when in recent years one could have bought an entire new 116520 directly from an AD?

Of course my explanation above was not first fully extended because I respected his sales thread, but just wanted to "point out" that one could have bought a gen instead. Until I was heavily blamed for "sales crapping", hence I elaborated the truth. But nobody, not even one single member there believed me that the 116520 was retail for 7k euros during 2013 till early 2016 in my country, Singapore and even Hong Kong. I am not comparing with something that was farfetched decades ago, i.e. someone selling a 6542 here for 7k euros with gen and aftermarket parts but the resale for gen now is 50k euros, and watch is more than 40-50 years ago. I am merely trying to be transparent and realistic to layout the facts and information that within less than two years ago, one could have bought a full genuine Rolex 116520 watch. So why would anyone, perhaps me even, to consider a piece together rolex at such a high asking price?

This was just my honest opinion, but it seems the forum members, especially the "Patrons" were quite ignorant. Perhaps because they saw me as a non-supporting member and also that I have just joined a couple of months ago despite I had laid out the facts and examples backing up my statement, with reference to other gen watch forum sales discussions on the 116520.

I apologise if I opened up a can of worms, or hurt anyone's feelings to begin with. But why get so agitated and ignorant over the truth and facts? We are all here for the same hobby, to enjoy beautiful watches, and eventually to learn more about these watches. How can sharing information be eventually termed as "sales crapping"?

If I was selling a all gen parts piece together Submariner 116610 for $8,550 used here, but has a converted movement. I'm pretty sure someone out there would have pointed out the same thing as I did. Can I then say he or she was "sales crapping"?

Anyways, i've learned my lesson the hard way. I hope you guys don't take it personally. See you after Christmas.
I don't take issue with your initial comment. Personally, I think anybody who would pay $7k for a pieced together watch (even if all gen parts) is batsh!t crazy. Then again, I don't have a true appreciation of these builds. The problem I have with your conduct is that Dave told you to stand down and you kept on yapping.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
A note from one of our Senior Admins

Some of you newer guys are going to learn the hard way about how the sales sections work. The seller posts a sale and a potential buyer contacts the seller in private to complete the sale. If you have a legitimate inquiry, pm the seller. If you have a problem with the sale, report it! But do not... Do not post in the thread unless it's related to this sale. If we start to see more of this we are going to clean up threads and issue vacations to the brig. No comments on this, let this be a warning ?. Good day.

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
This guy is really lacking the ability to see his errors. It's always someone else's fault. Must be horrible going through life feeling misunderstood everytime you're being called out...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
what does it matter? you can buy all the gen daytonas you want now.

loewenzahn

Mythical Poster
16/12/14
Germany
Have to admit that I'm siding with the OP and what Tucker stated. Though, IMO a moderator can't be kind of a pope, his words a dogma.
In how far did the OP sin against R2D4 : "But do not... Do not post in the thread unless it's related to this sale." . ? It was related, no?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
the watch did not come entirely as full gen, and was a zenith convert movement, not even the gen 4130 movement was observed.

Idiot, the 116520 is a typo in the threads subject. It is a 16520, you can see it on the seconds at 9. It doesn't need a 4130 because that would have sec @ 6. Sec @ 9 is Zenith movement aka 4030. ;)

Amstaffs

25/4/17
Germany
In one single aspect I have to admit he's at least half way right: transparency.
I personally think it's good that some one pointing out that a certain price point is good (or not) etc. and gives alternatives. Examples would be gen parts or straps f.e, only few people know the marketprices of rolex parts sold at TRF.

But then again: one informative comment with valid argumentation and that's it.

Just my 2 cents