• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buy superfranken or keep waiting for gen??????????

Gab miyamoto

Admiral
Supporter
Certified
22/5/20
DXB
Hi guys

So proud to be in forum , I bought from members some replica watches , and we are in this forum as team , I just want advice from you guys, I'm crazy to buy superfranken dj 41 mm ,

Do you advice me to buy superfranken , and with superfranken did I burn my fund ??? Or I keep wait for one year to by gen one

​​​​​​Superfranken now or gen after 1 year

Just i need your advice brothers

Cheers

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
If you’re saving money and only a year away from the cash to buy a gen then I would wait.

I’ve owned Franken watches and they are amazing but you still want the genuine even if they are almost visually identical.

A year is not too long and the satisfaction of buying the gen with hard earned money will be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Certified
24/2/19
Superfranken will hold the value - and also the market here it’s waaay faster than the gen market so you are not going to take a big lost in case you get the franken and selling it to grab a gen.

If you are a one watch guy get the gen (no doubt) but I think it will be nicer if you keep saving while wearing your franken

Reactions: Gab miyamoto

Picksk

18/6/20
I would wait for a year and grab a gen. Nothing beats the feeling of wearing a gen, I mean don’t get me wrong, I have a bunch of reps and love wearing them as well and have never been called out. It’s just that the satisfaction and happiness I had from buying me own gen watch was never beaten.

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
I happen to own a gen 114060 and a superfranken 116610ln - to be honest, I prefer the franken. I feel much more comfortable wearing the 3k franken than 9k gen. Even if I get totally wasted and lose it, it's much better to lose a franken;)

Gab miyamoto

Admiral
Supporter
Certified
22/5/20
DXB
I can understand from you guys the superfranken it's holding the value as gen , I'm going ahead to have superfranken ( all parts it's gen except the case and bracelet) , and it's hard to find superfranken dj 41 for example, it's my favorite guys , I have some gen watches and some replica, believe the replica (super lone) I feel more comfortable and I be active as I wish ( not give a care of I scratch the watch case) hehe

Cheers

Reactions: TimeTwo2

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I happen to own a gen 114060 and a superfranken 116610ln - to be honest, I prefer the franken. I feel much more comfortable wearing the 3k franken than 9k gen. Even if I get totally wasted and lose it, it's much better to lose a franken;)

my franken 114060 is all gen besides movement, case and bracelet. very comforting to know if it got real beat up you can swap all the gen parts to a new case and bracelet for around 500 bucks. It's kept me from going gen. Afraid I won't wear it anymore.

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
Either gen, Or very googd rep. , nothing in between. I dont believe that you wont lose money on a superfranken. As soon as it gets expensive, it gets hard to sell a franken. Once on your wrist, you dont see any difference between a good rep and a gen. But the feeling wearing the watch is completely different, believe me. If you have to save one more year to buy the watch, it will be a very special feeling once on your wrist, which a franken never can provide.

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Everything but ****** is gen is still NOT gen. Even if no one will ever call you out for wearing a replica watch, which is the main fear that gets people heading down the superfranken path, YOU will still know it is a rep and the satisfaction of wearing a gen is completely different than wearing a rep. The only real justification for a superfranken is if it is a watch you would never contemplate buying as a gen. However, if you really intend to buy the gen, then what is the problem with waiting another year ??? Besides, a superfranken of a Rolex is going to set you back 3-4k these days and that is a lot of money spent on an item which is still potentially worthless to everyone ( in real terms ) except a very niche target audience ( people on rep forums ).

Reactions: Silver Fox Mulder

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Honestly, I say go with what you like. I own both Franken and gen pieces and love most of them.

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
A gen. Will,raise in value and can be sold everywhere, Ebay, Chrono24, Jewellers, Pawnshops, everywhere, anytime you need the money. A Franken can only be sold on a rep. Forum, and as laws are changing these days ( at least in Germany they are preparing new laws for copyright infringement), maybe selling a rep. Can become a serious crime very soon, you never know. In this case, your franken will not only be illegal to be worn , but impossible to sell.