• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

dont watch me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/21
UK
Thanks for letting us know you won't be getting one. Very helpful

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

No offence mate but this forum isn't about you only and this thread isn't about who can say the best things about the new pepsi CF. It's just about the new pepsi cf. There's people like me who appreciate Duckbers input even if it's the smallest of details. That's specifically what I'm here for. To see all the pros and cons and then make my judgement based on my research. The more information the better. Positive or negative. I appreciate it all and thank Duckber for his eagle eyed details.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
No offence mate but this forum isn't about you only and this thread isn't about who can say the best things about the new pepsi CF. It's just about the new pepsi cf. There's people like me who appreciate Duckbers input even if it's the smallest of details. That's specifically what I'm here for. To see all the pros and cons and then make my judgement based on my research. The more information the better. Positive or negative. I appreciate it all and thank Duckber for his eagle eyed details.
Did you read my first impressions in hand? I did not give it glowing praise. Besides that Duckber doesn't stick to the topic in the slightest and meanders back into where he feels comfortable being a keyboard warrior with no repercussions for his mouth. If you think personal insults help in any way youre the one who's mistaken.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Did you read my first impressions in hand? I did not give it glowing praise. Besides that Duckber doesn't stick to the topic in the slightest and meanders back into where he feels comfortable being a keyboard warrior with no repercussions for his mouth. If you think personal insults help in any way youre the one who's mistaken.

Where do I never stick to the topic? Can you give examples? I literally addressed everything while you ignore my criticisms while talking about getting gen watches and getting bikini waxes.

Reactions: diamonds

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

I had some pushback in the VSF Sub thread as well. When people look forward to watches they don't want to hear objective criticism, they just want their echo chambered opinions coddled. Thanks for the feedback.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Where do I never stick to the topic? Can you give examples? I literally addressed everything while you ignore my criticisms while talking about getting gen watches and getting bikini waxes.
I've said my piece on this release so have you, over and over again. But you can't help yourself bikini waxing?

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Anyone’s bezel very very tight ?
39ac567ec2bdca8d6bb3d55285ff4ca1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes mine is since fitting a gen crystal. It had a lot of grease under the bezel friction washer when I stripped it down. I cleaned it off but realised that CF have made the washer internal diameter too small to fit over the crystal retainer so it has to be fitted before the retainer and pressed down but then it does not work as everything is too tight with no friction stopping the bezel moving freely. Another detail CF have got wrong I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Yes mine is since fitting a gen crystal. It had a lot of grease under the bezel friction washer when I stripped it down. I cleaned it off but realised that CF have made the washer internal diameter too small to fit over the crystal retainer so it has to be fitted before the retainer and pressed down but then it does not work as everything is too tight with no friction stopping the bezel moving freely. Another detail CF have got wrong I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let's see the gen crystal pics

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Anyone’s bezel very very tight ?
39ac567ec2bdca8d6bb3d55285ff4ca1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pic. Here we see all the problems clearly at once. Shallow mid endlinks, high endlinks, tiny bezel scallops, no bezel lip, crystal height and fat lugs.
Quite an achievement actually in one fell swooping pic, well done.

This looks like a DH gate fake to me at this angle with so many flaws in one eyeful it’s bad.
Given my daily is a gen and I stare at it all day, I have a tuned eye for it.

I’m not knocking the quality, I’m sure it’s feels great but too many fine details are wrong.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Don't forget the dark brown insert for red.

I have the CF Hulk and that's a pretty good rep. But that's 4 or 5 iterations in. I think CF will have a just as good Pepsi but it will take a few years. Kinda sucks VSF isn't driving competition to have CF do it sooner without using parts from their Submariner bin. Or to make one themselves rather haha

Last edited:

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Great pic. Here we see all the problems clearly at once....

This looks like a DH gate fake to me at this angle with so many flaws ....

First of all let me state that I appreciate your and Duckber ' s and Diamond critique of this release. It allows those of us who don't have the eagle eye vision and/or lack the exposure to the gen to make an informed decision on whether to buy the things or not.

As one who wore the GMF BLNR today, the o e I acquired shortly after joining the hobby, with the ICHS, the slightly raised crystal, the misaligned rehaut, etc., etc, I tell you the fat lugs, the bezel scallops, the bezel lip, disappear in daily use.

The insert red may be too brown but it ain't as brown as some of the Noob inserts. The blue may not be purple enough compared to gen but it looks fine in many of the pics already posted up above

I would lean towards a VRF myself but those inserts are a bit more washed out I think

I think to compare this with a DH gate release is OTT.

I think for $500-ish peeps are getting a damn fine rep.

All I need to do myself is deciding on whether to buy a ARF BLNR or this one .... decisions decisions .....

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks mate..

Thought I’d add.. if you took a pic of a Clean Sub from that angle, it’d be near indistinguishable from gen, so this is a lazy rush V1 obviously. Great insert but the rest sucks, case, bracelet, bezel, crystal..
Roll on V2 etc.

Reactions: RiffRalf and Uhr70

BoobBandit

resident fallguy
24/5/21
wouldn’t you like to know
Thanks mate..

Thought I’d add.. if you took a pic of a Clean Sub from that angle, it’d be near indistinguishable from gen, so this is a lazy rush V1 obviously. Great insert but the rest sucks, case, bracelet, bezel, crystal..
Roll on V2 etc.

I wouldn’t quite say lazy. They can do better. The flaws are miniscule. They are there, but some are debatable. I think it’s counterproductive to shit all over the flaws and drum them up. It’s not necessary. They’re dealbreakers to some, to others they’re not. I personally could not give two fucks about them , that said, they have their place, given what the same factories have already improved on with other models. So these details are what they can work out.

Some felllows assholes here are so puckered up talking about this stuff I can hear the rat tat tatt of the corn pellets leaving your assholes as you freak out and make over the top statements about this stuff. Calm the fuck down. It’s a hobby. Twats.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrandmasterChime

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Great pic. Here we see all the problems clearly at once. Shallow mid endlinks, high endlinks, tiny bezel scallops, no bezel lip, crystal height and fat lugs.

This looks like a DH gate fake to me at this angle with so many flaws in one eyeful it’s bad.

I’m not knocking the quality, I’m sure it’s feels great but too many fine details are wrong.

Add in wrong insert coloring, wrong case, bad rehaut engraving, small bezel knurls, etc and so on.
This has to be the biggest travesty in recent Clean reps and the only people who aren't accepting the reality are the suckers who jumped on this release early.

Smart people saw the flaws, but some people were so hungry to get a pepsi that they overlooked the obvious errors. Even when honest owners mentioned it's flaws, the other members were taking it personal due to the fact they just dropped $550 on a DH Gate rep that should be $250. Even at $250 I would pass on it!

In my opinion, everything about this first Clean/ZZF Pepsi was either a complete blunder or possibly the trusted distributor resellers got together and price fixed this to $550 accordingly. And 100% we all know the trusted distributors are price fixing all reps across the board. That's another thing that's obviously apparent.

Last edited:

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA

Agreed.

Last edited:

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Add in wrong insert coloring, wrong case, bad rehaut engraving, small bezel knurls, etc and so on.
This has to be the biggest travesty in recent Clean reps and the only people who aren't accepting the reality are the suckers who jumped on this release early.

Smart people saw the flaws, but some people were so hungry to get a pepsi that they overlooked the obvious errors.

Nailed it...

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
nope, nothing of substance anymore, just assholes going in circles belittling other folks prerogative choices. I’d say this thread has gone the way of the dodo

Why is objectively criticizing a watch belittling your choice? Pointing out flaws is not belittling you. If you like it that's all that matters. Seems like you're the one making over the top statements.

Hey are you done with those errands by the way? Since you're replying a lot we would love to see those ceramic Pepsi runs without the lip you mentioned! You got time now yeah?

Last edited:

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Why is objectively criticizing a watch belittling your choice? Pointing out flaws is not belittling you. If you like it that's all that matters. Seems like you're the one making over the top statements.

Hey are you done with those errands by the way? Since you're replying a lot we would love to see those ceramic Pepsi runs without the lip you mentioned! You got time now yeah?
When someone uses words like sucker you are attempting to belittle. The mere fact that yous keep repeating yourselves over and over is tiresome and unnecessary and beyond being constructive. This has become an "I told ya so thread".

Reactions: BoobBandit