• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EWF movements - serviceable?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I have been looking into EWF lately and they seem to be nice quality for the price and seem to be better than BP in terms of price to quality. However one thing that holds me back is their movement.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22047

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22421

I have heard from one or two posters that these movements can't be repaired or replaced by a watch smith once the movement dies. I'm not too informed on these types of movements used by EWF relative to ETA clones so I am interested in knowing how repairable these movements that are used by EWF actually are. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Bump. Does anyone know? Really want to try out these EWFs but would like to know if the movement can be fixable or replaceable.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Bump. Does anyone know? Really want to try out these EWFs but would like to know if the movement can be fixable or replaceable.

I'll be honest the ewf doesn't look good at all. At 300usd price point too it's not worth it. The bracelet even looks rough.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The DDs are A2836s with a 3255 deco plate so those will be serviceable. All of their Rolex movements are likely Asian clone ETAs with deco plates.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The DDs are A2836s with a 3255 deco plate so those will be serviceable. All of their Rolex movements are likely Asian clone ETAs with deco plates.

Thanks bro I think this helps. The descriptions state they're a 23j which I believe is 6 ticks per second, but the videos seem to be showing 8 ticks per second. I'm assuming they're also 2836.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
No one cares about your opinion

Really? You got almost 1k posts and you need to start a thread asking if a Asian clone is serviceable? You need to go over the basics again because frankly that's pathetic.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Really? You got almost 1k posts and you need to start a thread asking if a Asian clone is serviceable? You need to go over the basics again because frankly that's pathetic.

I think you've been gunning for me cause I made you look foolish in the Ginault thread. Quite frankly from my experience with reading your posts you're not an intelligent person with very questionable takes. I'm not interested in continuing this discussion with you. You can take your scraps and have the last word.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
I think you've been gunning for me cause I made you look foolish in the Ginault thread. Quite frankly from my experience with reading your posts you're not an intelligent person with very questionable takes. I'm not interested in continuing this discussion with you. You can take your scraps and have the last word.

Wow aren't we full of ourselves lmao....That's your thinking, not mine. I don't even remember you in that thread. I told you don't waste your time on the ewf because of the better options available you are the one who think I have some vendetta against you.

Quite frankly from your post count you should read the noob threads and know the basics. Someone a week old can tell you it's a decoration rotor from reading the movement thread pinned.

smh

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Wow aren't we full of ourselves lmao....That's your thinking, not mine. I don't even remember you in that thread. I told you don't waste your time on the ewf because of the better options available you are the one who think I have some vendetta against you.

Quite frankly from your post count you should read the noob threads and know the basics. Someone a week old can tell you it's a decoration rotor from reading the movement thread pinned.

smh

I'll answer this to teach you something and not to bicker with you.

​​​​​​The movement obviously is decorated as the description states so. What's not descriptive is the term 23j -- that's a very broad term that doesn't describe what movement it exactly is. A few asian clones are 23j.

I hope this helps.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
I'll answer this to teach you something and not to bicker with you.

​​​​​​The movement obviously is decorated as the description states so. What's not descriptive is the term 23j -- that's a very broad term that doesn't describe what movement it exactly is. A few asian clones are 23j.

I hope this helps.

23 jewels is a broad term with replica sub movements? What replicas have you been buying exactly LMAO???

For the one that says 25 jewels is that too "broad" for you as well?

Things might be less "broad" for you if you actually read the pinned newbie threads in the movement section. I assume you can figure out on your own how to get there?

On top of that, there is a thread already out on the ewf subs with many experts (KJ included) within the community calling it trash, a money grab, etc. Which is why I tried to help you by relaying this however you quickly dismissed it.

I hope this helps.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
23 jewels is a broad term with replica sub movements? What replicas have you been buying exactly LMAO???

Things might be less "broad" for you if you actually read the pinned newbie threads in the movement section. I assume you can figure out on your own how to get there?

On top of that, there is a thread already out on the ewf subs with many experts (KJ included) within the community calling it trash, a money grab, etc. Which is why I tried to help you by relaying this however you quickly dismissed it.

I hope this helps.

Hes confused , go ahead slam him some more , maybe you will feel better

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

I hope this helps.

You really seem hostile in this conversation. Are you sure it's not personal?

Now, I'll also tell you why your reasoning on the movement is invalid. It's cause it actually IS broad. The newbie section does not cover this movement. I emailed trusty about the movement and his response:

"It is an Asia 23J movement that is slight better than Asia 2813 but not as good as Asia 2836"

So here we are. Not something that thread would particularly explain.

I have handled enough reps and can make my informed decision regarding if I like the EWF or not. I don't need highly esteemed people to hold my hand purchasing reps. I did not ask for opinions regarding reps, just the movement. Especially not yours. I hope you can understand. Thanks.

Last edited: