• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage reps? (Oyster Perpetual 1973)

Egger

Looking Around
7/5/21
Are there actually any vintage replicas on the market? Are the any specialized factories/TDs? Looking for the Oyster Perpetual from 1973. Too special, right?

Watchnerd86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
4/2/19
I do know that some TD's sell pretty good vintage Subs. Oyster not so much. Why 1973?

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Up until 10-15 years ago you probably could pick up an Oyster Perpetual Rolex for maybe $1000. Look for a Rolex 1002- that's one model. Also, a Rolex Air King 5500 is another but it doesn't have the SCOC movement. These watches weren't typically repped because there wasn't much demand for them. Silix Prime has some vintage watches like this Air King
Other ROL014 watch, Cheap Other ROL014 watch online for sale (silix-prime.es)
But alas Silix isn't a TD here. However I've never had a problem buying from them .
Another way to go would be to buy a gen case and dial and put together your own watch.

Egger

Looking Around
7/5/21
Up until 10-15 years ago you probably could pick up an Oyster Perpetual Rolex for maybe $1000. Look for a Rolex 1002- that's one model. Also, a Rolex Air King 5500 is another but it doesn't have the SCOC movement. These watches weren't typically repped because there wasn't much demand for them. Silix Prime has some vintage watches like this Air King
Other ROL014 watch, Cheap Other ROL014 watch online for sale (silix-prime.es)
But alas Silix isn't a TD here. However I've never had a problem buying from them .
Another way to go would be to buy a gen case and dial and put together your own watch.

Thanks! Yes, they have some vintage models I like. They just don't mention any factories. But they are a TD here as far as I can see.

Last edited:

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
yes, I see they're a TD now. Someone previously had mentioned they weren't, so I believed them.
You might even want to look at an upgrade- maybe get one with a eta clone movement.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
JK factory makes the best vintage models. You prob want a red dial submariner for a 1973 watch. Or a double red sea-dweller. They have those.