• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex April 7th Release tease.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
VSF already have the machines prepped and ready as of yesterday with new release models having already been dissected as well.

Too bad they don't make a Daytona with SA4130 or a Skydweller with jubilee. If they make a clone 3285 for the Exp II, that would be worthwhile.

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
A palm motif, wtf - my first thought was it looks like a pro cannabis poster.

The background on the ad would make a nicer dial, oh wait there already was a (much prettier) green malachite dial like that.

ZvTU4D.jpg

ZvT5yY.jpg

Looks like they are trying to match their dials to their point of sale decorations - the ones with the dolphins and toucans and stuff. Quite ugly.

The 2 tone Explorer is really disappointing. The Explorer was their purest piece - the quintessential Rolex. The best of their past and present. What have they done? SMH...

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is like when Porsche came out with "THE SUV" doesn't match the description.. neither does the 2-tone on the (EXPLORER)

"It's not a dress watch guys! It's a sport model"!

..your reply after your complimented on your new dress watch :laughing:

I know a guy with a Porsche SUV. :hehehe:

The TT Exp I is just plain stupid.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Too bad they don't make a Daytona with SA4130 or a Skydweller with jubilee. If they make a clone 3285 for the Exp II, that would be worthwhile.

Who knows what VSF have up their sleeve. I'm sure their already discussing their next move.

As for the Rolex 2021 lineup, I think Rolex hit it out the park. Especially the Explorer going classic 36mm and the two tone is beautiful. Explorer II refinement! Batman and Pepsi once again available on oyster!! Fluted dial on DateJust!! Skydweller two tone jubilee! My vote for best of show is the Explorer 36mm two-tone.

ZvPx8c.jpg

This is beautiful!!!!

Last edited:

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
Who knows what VSF have up their sleeve. I'm sure their already discussing their next move.

As for the Rolex 2021 lineup, I think Rolex hit it out the park. Especially the Explorer going classic 36mm and the two tone is beautiful. Explorer II refinement! Batman and Pepsi once again available on oyster!! Fluted dial on DateJust!! Skydweller two tone jubilee! My vote for best of show is the Explorer 36mm two-tone.

This is beautiful!!!!

You're possibly the only guy I've seen today who likes the new two tone explorer. But hey, I'm happy for you, at least your experience today wasn't as shitty as for the rest of us :D

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
You're possibly the only guy I've seen today who likes the new two tone explorer. But hey, I'm happy for you, at least your experience today wasn't as shitty as for the rest of us :D

A lot of people are hyped about the Explorer. I'm a fan of yellow gold and also two-tone yellow gold. I was also considering the stainless Explorer 39. But the 36mm two-tone is gorgeous. Rolex had an amazing showing!! DateJust fluted bezel, Skydweller jubilees, DayDate roman numeral colors and leather straps, Batman and Pepsi once again available on oyster!! All that caught everyone off guard.

The only people that didn't think the Rolex unveiling was amazing are the people who were predicting the GMT Coke and the people predicting the Explorer having some green on it. Explorer 36mm two-tone was the clear winner and what everyone is talking about all over the internet. Smart move from Rolex. With good fortune, I'll be picking that up in Gen!

Thanks for being happy for me and. It's nice when we motivate each other. I really did enjoy the Rolex unveiling. Wish me luck on finding that Explorer 36mm two-tone, cause I'm gonna need it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: architekt

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
I mean I really like two tones in general and the explorer I is a beautiful watch don't get me wrong.

For me personally it's just a combination that is against want an explorer means to me like a rally/offroad car that has real gold all around you gotta be carefull with.

also I totally agree that the new fluted datejust dials are really nice.

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
April 7th Rolex releases new models
April 8th VSF fire the rep machine
:hehehe:

VSF did better, they have launched it on Apr. 7th itself. Look at the post from Li - Jtime has posted the lume pics already .. lol

Reactions: diamonds

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
I mean I really like two tones in general and the explorer I is a beautiful watch don't get me wrong.

For me personally it's just a combination that is against want an explorer means to me like a rally/offroad car that has real gold all around you gotta be carefull with.

also I totally agree that the new fluted datejust dials are really nice.

Your point is valid and I completely understand what you're saying and what you mean, but things have changed. People aren't wearing Submariners for diving, GMTs for piloting, Daytonas for racing chronograph timekeeping, or Explorers for hiking and exploring. The hobby has matured, the prices points have gone up, and most watches are now worn mainly as accessories and jewelry, especially Rolex watches. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloney and D1m1tr1

D1m1tr1

Known Member
14/1/19
C'mon guys! That TT Explorer is a good shot in the world of TT Sea-Dwellers & FG Subs. Few years and a Don Draper wanna be from the generation Z choose that over a SS version in a heartbeat:eek:hwell:
But yeah at first glance it's a love or hate watch! On your marks! Get set! TT OP! :D

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
We got the Pepsi on Oyster !!!!

ZVIr4d.jpg
ZVImNK.jpg

Batman and Pepsi are once again available on jubilee and oyster!!
To bad Rolex didn't include the black bezel 1266710LN as well.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Is there any visible difference between the new Explo II and the previous one ? What movement will it house ? The 3285 ?

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Apparently the case is slimmed down but it’s not easy to see.

It has the new 3235.

The black dial hands no longer have the blacked out centre (floating appearance)

Updated lume, appears brighter white during daylight and glows brighter and longer in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Is there any visible difference between the new Explo II and the previous one ? What movement will it house

The polar model now has matte finish hour marker surrounds and black hands. The write up on Rolex website says the case and bracelet were redesigned for more balance and harmony. Both got the movement upgrade to 3285. The previous version had a very tapered bracelet that lead to a narrow clasp like the 116610 Subs have. Maybe this one has a wider clasp like the 126610 Subs, and a less tapered bracelet.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/new-wa...plorer-ii.html

The lugs look thinner on the new case, the CGs look the same to me from the digital images.

Zv7RlR.jpg

Zv7NaL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: big_polarbear

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Probably the best take on W&W to date. I like this guy's channel - he just don't care...

PALM FRONDS

Reactions: KJ2020