NOOB DIW Carbon Black Daytona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jayalvin777 View Post

Nah, they already teaming up with other factories like ipk to bring different iterations of the Daytona's. I'm pretty sure you wont see a better release for a carbon case than these that comes with 4130
    Sorry I wasn't saying about the FC case set, but the variations of dials, pushers (PVD/gold/silver) and straps colours.

ABD does have a displayed case back on his Insta, not sure will that be incorporated at a later date.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLory View Post

i’m pretty sure what an “euphemism” is. I meant what i wrote.
      I don’t doubt you meant what you wrote. And maybe in your view, “hideous” was an understatement.

But I’m sorry, I missed the euphemism. I guess I’m what you’d euphemistically call “intellectually challenged”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      FrankenSubs! - Subs! - Kermits! - Daytonas! - Seamasters! - A 1675 Adventure - A Budget 6538 build - Tudors! (COMING SOON!)

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
        Desert Eagle is one I might go for. I suppose I could bend my "No other names on my fake Rolexes" rule for something that's so obviously not a "real" Rolex anyway. Interesting that the reps say DIW and this gen says Designa Individual. The gen text actually blends better, you could almost miss it.

I’d love to get this for my son-in-law
        He’d dig this thing for sure! Shoot I’m sure he’d love the Gen one but yeah that’s a hard NO!

Comment

Originally posted by philwongnz View Post
          The files meaning the case? As the case back and bezel engraving are wrong and different.
          After spending some time looking at the pictures more closely, it appears that the original DIW bezel engravings (such as the "P" in units "per" hour) are incorrect, whereas Noob used the more correct font and spacing in their rep. Unsure which is better, accurately repping the inaccurate modified DIW watch, or accurately repping the original underlying gen!

Comment

Originally posted by tlander13 View Post

After spending some time looking at the pictures more closely, it appears that the original DIW bezel engravings (such as the "P" in units "per" hour) are incorrect, whereas Noob used the more correct font and spacing in their rep. Unsure which is better, accurately repping the inaccurate modified DIW watch, or accurately repping the original underlying gen!
            I think the font style for "UNITS PER HOUR" is different with DiW. The font size are much wider than gen (the "O" is more like a square) , which I personally think looks pretty good to give it a more "techie" kinda look and also makes it easier to see as you can see the noob bezel seems a bit "squished".

Comment

Well guys at the end of the day does it really matter how accurate the font is that DIW is using or any of the micro inaccuracies in their design for that matter? Bottom line they have bastardized a clients Genuine Rolex Daytona charged them $40 to $50k American to do it and laugh all the way to the bank... and now all the client has is a $50 to $60k counterfeit. When someone has that kind of capital the throw away on a watch Rolex would never touch again except to restore it to its formal glory the minor details don’t mean Sh*t just my opinion. But hey I ain’t mad at it lol

Comment

Attention!!!
                I heard from a local Chinese dealer that the colour of printing on the bezel can easily go off. He is selling a 4-day old 2nd hand nood carbon daytona for $150 less for one of his customers.

Well, he also said noob can replace the bezel for free, but I guess it wouldn't help that much unless they make the colour more preservative.

I think noob will fix this very soon because apparently they have to... Just wait for a little longer, or confirm with other TDs before ordering it.
                Last edited by qiuyi.lki1993; 16-03-21, 21:13.

Comment

The font also looks wonky on the dial, but I think it's just reflection or low resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by qiuyi.lki1993 View Post
                    Attention!!!
                    I heard from a local Chinese dealer that the colour of printing on the bezel can easily go off. He is selling a 4-day old 2nd hand nood carbon daytona for $150 less for one of his customers.

Well, he also said noob can replace the bezel for free, but I guess it wouldn't help that much unless they make the colour more preservable.

I think noob will fix this very soon because apparently they have to... Just wait for a little longer, or confirm with other TDs before ordering it.
                    Thank you sir! We all appreciate your public service announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by qiuyi.lki1993 View Post
                      Attention!!!

Well, he also said noob can replace the bezel for free, but I guess it wouldn't help that much unless they make the colour more preservative.

$150 is a decent discount! All you need are some matt Tamiya paint.

Is nice for noob to replace it for free, but not everyone can remove the existing one and replace the new one by themselves as your need some tools or your might risk cracking the bezel

Comment

Originally posted by philwongnz View Post

$150 is a decent discount! All you need are some matt Tamiya paint.

Is nice for noob to replace it for free, but not everyone can remove the existing one and replace the new one by themselves as your need some tools or your might risk cracking the bezel

In china factories and td's have after market services meaning that you just send the watch and they fix it for you.. That's why a lot of people just buy vsf or zf because they have the best service.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayalvin777 View Post

In china factories and td's have after market services meaning that you just send the watch and they fix it for you.. That's why a lot of people just buy vsf or zf because they have the best service.
                          Oh wow.. Didn't know that, I assumed people would have purchase it in a shop and the shop sends it back to the factories?

I can't imagine normal people know where to send their watch back since most of the factories are a bit secretive of their contact details and locations.

Also this return policy doesn't really apply to many of us since we are not based in China, I guess it doesn't really help besides assuming your TD will send you the replacement (hopefully for free).

Comment

God dammit. Somebody is going to have to stop these after cny releases. And first of all noob factory. You really thought I wouldn't spend 1,5 fo the meteorite and the carbon? And another 400 for the new Zenith? Well you are damned wrong jokes on you........or on me?
                            Thinking is hard under all that pressure.

Someone discretely find me my wallet before the wife finds it.

No but for real why is it 800$? I mean it is a glorified plastic on a 5$ velcro. Should be more like 400$
                            Last edited by bleedinglottery; 17-03-21, 16:24. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Originally posted by bleedinglottery View Post
                              God dammit. Somebody is going to have to stop these after cny releases. And first of all noob factory. You really thought I wouldn't spend 1,5 fo the meteorite and the carbon? And another 400 for the new Zenith? Well you are damned wrong jokes on you........or on me?
                              Thinking is hard under all that pressure.

Someone discretely find me my wallet before the wife finds it.

No but for real why is it 800$? I mean it is a glorified plastic on a 5$ velcro. Should be more like 400$
                              The 7750 verison is around 450, in general most 7750 watches are around the 400 mark.

I have no idea how noob makes their FC cases, but that's how AP were doing it, doesn't seem straight forward.

Strap I don't know how much it costs to make it, but the cheapest I have found so far is not cheap

https://youtu.be/LL7kTnZmExY

https://drwatchstrap.com/product/rolex-velcro-strap/

Comment

I received my QC for this watch from Geektime. Indeed the back of my cream edition says “Motley” which is the wrong edition. But not a dealbreaker for me. This is a rep of a rep essentially. I would even say NWBIG because who tf wants to buy a $50k ruined rolex? However I will gladly appreciate an $800 ruined rolex.

Comment

Working...
                                X