• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New or old version of the Oyster Perpetual?

New or old version of the Oyster Perpetual?

• New 36 mm

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Waiting for a better new 36mm

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Old 39 mm UBF

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Old 39 mm ARF

Votes: 25 44.6%

• Total voters

Marcorollie

Known Member
13/6/16
Italy
You didn't list it in your poll but the BP old 39mm is a nice rep IMO. ETA movement, low price, and better than UBF. I rejected UBF for quality issues. I dont care for the double hour markers on the new releases.

comparing BP to ARF there is a big difference? eta movement is a plus yes

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
comparing BP to ARF there is a big difference? eta movement is a plus yes

There are multiple threads here bro that critique and analyze these to the nth degree. The slightly better ARF presentation was not enough to offset the higher cost and more potentially problematic movement for me. My BP EXP I (214270) has a gen Swiss ETA, something easily done with the BP OP as well.

Search on google for threads add 'RWI' to search box.

Reactions: Marcorollie

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
thanks.. my only concern is about the movement..

While the SH movement has some known issues, both mine (Rhodium dial purchased 05/2020 and Grape dial purchased 01/2021) have been working just fine ootb and unserviced.

I believe a service if often recommended for this movement, and no issues arise afterwards from what I’ve read . So far I’ve been lucky with my two without servicing. But if something does go wrong I’ll send it off for repair so no real biggie. The same could happen to any Rep movement theoretically anyways.

PhantomZhong

Horology Curious
5/2/21
You didn't list it in your poll but the BP old 39mm is a nice rep IMO. ETA movement, low price, and better than UBF. I rejected UBF for quality issues. I dont care for the double hour markers on the new releases.

BP 39MM
ZQkaJk.jpg

Z9CAMn.jpg

Z9yCMo.jpg

UBF had flawed markers and dial was not seated properly in the case (common flaw). Note the distance from blue hour markers to rehaut on left side vs right side.
ZlNH5s.jpg

ZlNKBY.jpg

BP's rectangular marker does not look right. too wide compare to gen

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BP's rectangular marker does not look right. too wide compare to gen

Yeah, most rep markers are not very gen-like. ARF has yet to make any with rounded corners while factories like ZZF and VSF and even GMF are making some nice looking markers. I like the BP crown better than the ARF.

Zp34QD.jpg

Reactions: Buythedip

Marcorollie

Known Member
13/6/16
Italy
While the SH movement has some known issues, both mine (Rhodium dial purchased 05/2020 and Grape dial purchased 01/2021) have been working just fine ootb and unserviced.

I believe a service if often recommended for this movement, and no issues arise afterwards from what I’ve read . So far I’ve been lucky with my two without servicing. But if something does go wrong I’ll send it off for repair so no real biggie. The same could happen to any Rep movement theoretically anyways.

in the future maybe can I swap a sellita or eta or is not compatible?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
in the future maybe can I swap a sellita or eta or is not compatible?

Not compatible, also the dial and hands are different. Dial feet would have to be clipped and new ones glued/soldered on. Hands holes are not the same size, new hands would have to be sourced.

That's one of the big reasons to buy an ETA clone movement watch - parts are cheap and readily available, and you can swap in a whole gen Swiss ETA movement 1:1 if you want.

People fuss over which way the crown turns to advance the hands - it varies as much among gens as it does with reps. It's pretty silly to try to match that aspect of a rep with a specific model gen, IMO.

Last edited:

Marcorollie

Known Member
13/6/16
Italy
Not compatible, also the dial and hands are different. Dial feet would have to be clipped and new ones glued/soldered on. Hands holes are not the same size, new hands would have to be sourced.

That's one of the big reasons to buy an ETA clone movement watch - parts are cheap and readily available, and you can swap in a whole gen Swiss ETA movement 1:1 if you want.

People fuss over which way the crown turns to advance the hands - it varies as much among gens as it does with reps. It's pretty silly to try to match that aspect of a rep with a specific model gen, IMO.

thanks for the reply!

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

I'll let you into a secret ALL replica movements can be a concern . I have the JF OP in red grape , and the ARF in Rhodium neither been serviced both run ( touch wood) like German trains out of the box . Compare that to the last two watches i have purchased both on the NWBIG list , both with bomb proof Chinese ETA clones , both have needed repair and servicing . I'd go ARF there is nothing wrong IMO with the SH 3132 they can just arrive a bit dirty and dry . I know it causes world war 3 on here but there is a reason the JF/ARF OP is the only fake Rolex you can actually buy ( from a TD) that is in the Super rep section of the NWBIG Consensual list . Just my ten penneth .

Last edited:
Reactions: RiffRalf

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

I'll let you into a secret ALL replica movements can be a concern . I have the JF OP in red grape , and the ARF in Rhodium never been serviced both run ( touch wood) like German trains out of the box . Compare that to the last two watches i have purchased both on the NWBIG list , both with bomb proof Chinese ETA clones , both have needed repair and servicing . I'd go ARF there is nothing wrong IMO with the SH 3132 they can just arrive a bit dirty and dry . I know it causes world war 3 on here but there is a reason the JF/ARF is the only fake Rolex you can actually buy ( from a TD) that is in the Super rep section of the NWBIG Consensual list . Just my ten penneth .

Last edited:

Marcorollie

Known Member
13/6/16
Italy
I'll let you into a secret ALL replica movements can be a concern . I have the JF OP in red grape , and the ARF in Rhodium never been serviced both run ( touch wood) like German trains out of the box . Compare that to the last two watches i have purchased both on the NWBIG list , both with bomb proof Chinese ETA clones , both have needed repair and servicing . I'd go ARF there is nothing wrong IMO with the SH 3132 they can just arrive a bit dirty and dry . I know it causes world war 3 on here but there is a reason the JF/ARF is the only fake Rolex you can actually buy ( from a TD) that is in the Super rep section of the NWBIG Consensual list . Just my ten penneth .

thanks for the feedback!

Buythedip

Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
Here and there, but more there
I am also considering an OP, size and colour yet to be decided. Or potentially the Explorer 2 in white . I am new here and trying to work my way through the array of information, all of it very useful. However is anyone aware of a TD marketing the OP41 in Green Baton? I have looked but am yet to come across this piece. JTime has all the top spec OP39 but no OP41.
Thanks

Marcorollie

Known Member
13/6/16
Italy
I am also considering an OP, size and colour yet to be decided. Or potentially the Explorer 2 in white . I am new here and trying to work my way through the array of information, all of it very useful. However is anyone aware of a TD marketing the OP41 in Green Baton? I have looked but am yet to come across this piece. JTime has all the top spec OP39 but no OP41.
Thanks

between the op41 and explorer 2 I will go for the explorer.. It rely also on your wrist size

Marcorollie

Known Member
13/6/16
Italy
For the most part the Explorer 2 is unloved, which it the exact reason which makes me like it!
Are you aware of any ARF/Noob productions of the OP41? The silver/good combination looks nice.

I didn't see any ARF of the new models yet

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks

All TDs can get any rep that's been released. Just send a link to your TD.

Reactions: Buythedip

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Also good to keep in mind that the rhodium BP version has a blue lume colour instead of green

You can find gens with either color lume, earler released versions had Superluminova.

Skip to 2:57

Last edited: