• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Batman or Milgauss?

oay62

1/1/20
South Germany
Batman/girl for me.
I don't find the Milgauss very interesting.
Then I.must admit that the BLNR is by far my fave Roli and one if my favourite watches all round.
It is also not very "formal," it is a thick steel tool watch with a steel bracelet, hardly the kind of watch to wear with black tie. It's natural territory is from smart casual to casual, it can be stuffed under a business suit if one must.
The BLNR covers more or less the same ground.
I wear it with a suit too - even though I really should know better.

The more I research, the less interesting Milgauss just becomes. Or is it just the photos that make it so boring?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The big question I have around Rep Milgauss with GV (green glass), is how factories perform this glass work. I read Rolex did never pattent the way to build it due to the fact it is so complex to do... Is it made with a kind of transparent green paint around the glass?

The saphire is grown in that colour. Its not a treatment or coating.

Rolex saying they ‘never patented it because the process is so complex no one else could ever do it is’ more likely marketing talk for they couldn’t patent it. You dont not patent something because its hard to do.

AJB

Known Member
30/12/20
Northern Ireland
So what was your decision AJB ? I'm currently searching the forum for hints on the best Milgauss...

well I just had to :D

Z7xTdp.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: oay62 and GottaHave

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Be ware of the case proportions, that Milgauss is quite high compared to its size, if your happy and like that case. Airking is really good too, exact same case and bracelet, the only difference is the dial and glass