• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Submariner 116610LN Review & Macros

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Here's another rep I received yesterday from YourWatch. QC was approved in November, the parcel was on the road for roughly 9 weeks. Brilliant rep, lives up to the high expectations I had after everyone praising it so highly. Movement runs fine out of the box ansd keeps time, all good.

As expected and seen on the VSF 126610LN before, the build quality is awesome down to the finest detailsl. Great bracelet feel wise, clasp opens and closes a little tighter than my 126610. Bezel rotation is spot on and the general workmanship on the metal parts is on a high level. The polished and brushed surfaces are great even at huge magnification. Dial print is sharp, datewheel print as well. Hands and markers are nicely finished with a scratch on the 12 triangle visible in macros only. Bezel numbers are paint/plated evenly with no visible grinding marks, even in the insane macro below. The bezel insert and datewheel are aligned, rehaut is OK with the known VSF rehaut engraving issue of the letters. SELs and SEL recess look good, clasp as well.

No idea how Noob and ARF want to keep up with VSF's pace at the moment. They're literally hitting it out of the park with all new releases. Here's a ton of pictures, also with the 126610LN in comparison at the end.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Beautiful pics! Congrats. I absolutely love mine as well

For some reason 116610 seems a bit taller (optically) around the bezel area compared to 126610. Maybe it's due to the case shape difference or the proportion.

Last edited:

Glidelock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/21
Looks awesome. Thank you!

Which one do you prefer? The 116610 or the 126610? Which one will get more wrist time? :cool:
I'm about to purchase my first rep after CNY and can't decide whether I go for the 116610 or the 126610.

Reactions: museguy and Stuessi

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Looks awesome. Thank you!

Which one do you prefer? The 116610 or the 126610? Which one will get more wrist time? :cool:
I'm about to purchase my first rep after CNY and can't decide whether I go for the 116610 or the 126610.

Good question, I'd say the 126610. It's a little more comfortable on the wrist in my opinion. I'll still keep and wear the 116610, I'll get it modded with gen hands and crystal.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Great shots bro!

Comfort aside do you prefer the aesthetics of one over the other? Do you notice a difference in crystal AR, dial size or insert size between the two? (Not to compare to gen, just to understand fundamental differences between the two VSF reps)

Reactions: museguy

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Great shots bro!

Comfort aside do you prefer the aesthetics of one over the other? Do you notice a difference in crystal AR, dial size or insert size between the two? (Not to compare to gen, just to understand fundamental differences between the two VSF reps)

One of the main differences that really caught my eye for some reason is the short and fat minute hand of the 116610. The one on the 12xx goes up right to the minute markers and (combined with the slimmer lugs) makes the face look more elegant if that makes sense. Regarding AR, you'll notice on the side-by-side shots that the 126610 crystal reflects the light a tiny bit less. Without a direct comparison the 12xx crystal looks just like the older one.

Last edited:

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
VSF 116610 : sometimes under certain conditions, I feel that bezel markings are kinda excessively dark, do you feel that way too?

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
VSF 116610 : sometimes under certain conditions, I feel that bezel markings are kinda excessively dark, do you feel that way too?

Haven't noticed that, but then again I also had an RXF Sub. Every bezel marker looks bright after that... ;)

Reactions: miscusi

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Great review and pics! I thought I thought I saw somewhere that VSF has fixed the rehaut alignment issues in recent batches. Anyone able to confirm that?

De Kev

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Looking really sharp [mention]YellowFin [/mention] congrats!

Mine is on the way, also ordered a gen crystal and dw but judging on your pics a gen dw isn’t necessary at all. Let’s wait and see.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: Enfer06

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Looking really sharp [mention]YellowFin [/mention] congrats!

Mine is on the way, also ordered a gen crystal and dw but judging on your pics a gen dw isn’t necessary at all. Let’s wait and see.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

When you swap out to gen crystal I’ll buy your vsf crystal :p

Reactions: De Kev

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
A couple of awesome pieces. Fantastic pics. Thank you!