• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona 116500 Black dial Noob V4 Opinions asked

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hello,

thanks for this comparison....
Since Noob now is out of business, between Arf and Clean is better in black version?
Arf costs about 480$, Clean 300$ more, 780$

and which one has the best dial in your opinion?

I've just buyed the clean black version but now I see that it seems to have subdials too tick...what do you think?
It is strange because in Jtime photos also the ARF seems to have subdials tick....

clean

thank you

This has been analyzed in great details in the CF Daytona thread. Look at the pages since like a week ago and you'll find all the answers you need

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/10
Tobel Already read Tobel, Thanks!

I would like to have your opinion about cf vs arf...
what do you think about thick subdials?

Tobel

6/7/17
Tobel Already read Tobel, Thanks!

I would like to have your opinion about cf vs arf...
what do you think about thick subdials?

You read them and you didn't see the detailed CF vs. ARF dial comparisons?

I know it's there somewhere, if not in these threads someone else may be able to point out to the right one sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: Richangelo76

17/8/10
You read them and you didn't see the detailed CF vs. ARF dial comparisons?

yes no black comparisons, so I asked in this thread for the black dial

the strange thing is that in the first post of this thread the comparisons shows that the size of subdials of the gen are very similar to the arf subdials.
And the jtime photos shows the arf subdials very similar at the clean sub…. So the clean subdials should be very similar of the gen…but in some photo they seems more thick…

please tell me your opinion about

thanks

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17

There is a specific black dial comparison of CF Vs ARF somewhere, just don't remember where exactly

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
CF and ARF are both wrong. Counters too fat. Just Noob v3 last batch have correct counters...V4 have counters too much shiny.

My Noob V3:

Reactions: jackdan007

17/8/10
Looking at the photos noob v3 subdials are very similar to arf, and in photo arf/clean subdials arf are very similar at cf.... I will make a comparision update with cf

17/8/10
the cf photo I've found isn't so good, It's a QC photo.... (if someone have a better photo please post here and I will change it)
Comparing side by side the subdials seems not bad....

jX2XW3.jpg

Last edited:

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

the strange thing is that in the first post of this thread the comparisons shows that the size of subdials of the gen are very similar to the arf subdials.
And the jtime photos shows the arf subdials very similar at the clean sub…. So the clean subdials should be very similar of the gen…but in some photo they seems more thick…

please tell me your opinion about

thanks

the cf photo I've found isn't so good, It's a QC photo.... (if someone have a better photo please post here and I will change it)
Comparing side by side the subdials seems not bad....

jX2XW3.jpg

The answer to your question and the pictures that you are looking for have already been posted and discussed, twice, as another Member stated above.

Even in the smaller pictures that you posted, the difference is easy to see. Many people think that this difference is "not so bad" and that these Black Dials are "good enough". Many people will never see the difference, and that's fine. The point is that there is a difference. My comparison pictures are done to show the differences more clearly, and then each Member can decide for themselves what is "not so bad".

Already done in another thread...

The problem, or more accurately the mistake that these Replica Dial makers continue to make is using the same Sub-dial thickness for both the White Panda and the 116500 Black Dials.
I would guess that they use the same die to stamp both dial blanks before the color is added. So they would need a new die for the Black Dial.

ARF has the same problem. Noob got the thickness right near the end, but the Sub-dials continued to be too shiny.

The Sub-dials on both Gen 116520 dials and on the Gen 116500 Panda are all the same thickness, but the Gen 116500 Black Dial has thinner Sub-dials with a matte finish.
jBW8VX.jpg

jBzImj.jpg

17/8/10
Thanks M scott for your post and your opinion!

I’m agree with you, consider that I’m not so expert in watches so I need to ask…

Now I would need to buy another daytona black for a friend, which one do you reccomend to choose?
Which one is the best at the moment?
Jtime says that in his opinion the best is clean factory (but I don’t now if he tell me this because all the TD I’ve asked for, said that Noob will never back to business again…)

what do you think?

thanks

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

I’m agree with you, consider that I’m not so expert in watches so I need to ask…

Now I would need to buy another daytona black for a friend, which one do you reccomend to choose?
Jtime says that in his opinion the best is clean factory (but I don’t now if he tell me this because all the TD I’ve asked for, said that Noob will never back to business again…)

what do you think?

thanks

- Noob is gone, so that is not an option unless you can find a good used one.

- Clean V1 is the best option currently, but also the most expensive.

- ARF V2 may look as good as a Clean V1 at a lower cost, but the Chrono does not fully function as it only has a 7750 movement.

- ARF V3 is still only a rumor at this point.

Reactions: KJ2020

Richangelo76

Horology Curious
15/7/22
In this thread i will share my opinion on the noob v4 daytona black dial and possible modifications.
Pics i used in this thread are fromscott m which are very nice and perfect to compare different watches.

I am making this thread because this is my favourite watch,
I own a few gen vintage Breitling watches, but the black dial ceramic daytona caught my attention and since it's release i can't think about any other watches.
I have never bought any rep watchess, this watch will be the first rep i will ever buy and i want to make the right decisions without regrets afterwards.
The last 3 years i've been following the daytona rep scene, in the beginning i would go for the arf v2, but since noob came with the 904 steel and fully replicated movement i was sold to noob.

In my opinion the black noob v4 dial is pretty good, the only thing i can spot right away is the O in rolex which is not correct & the silver from the subdials is too shiny.
But other than that, there aren't really other things that bother me.
A possible modification would be to swap the noob v4 dial with an arf.
In comparison to the ARF V3 dial i think the crown on the noob V4 is better but the subdials and text is better on the ARF.

In my opinion i conclude that swapping the Noob V4 dial with the ARF dial is not worth it for me.
Why? Getting my hands on the ARF dial would be very hard and expensive & having someone to modify the dial to fit the noob v4 casing would be would be a big expense.

Another possible modification would be to swap the noob v4 ceramic bezel with the clean factory bezel.
This might be worth to do, the bezels are available as spare parts. The only thing holding me back, is the method to swap out the bezels as i can not find any detailed guides on how it's done.

So the bezel is something i might swap out, for that i'm asking your opinions or experiences with the clean factory bezel in comparison to the noob v4 one.

I based my opinion for the dial mostly on the comparisons from scott m. I modified his comparison of the noob v3 to the arf one and added the noob v4 (i know the allignment of the v4 picture isn't 100% correct.)

My opinion for the bezel i based on this pic also by scott m.

If i buy the watch from a recommended TD, the first thing i will do is getting a full service on the movement by my local watchmaker which is a good friend of mine.
He might also be able to replace the bezel (i'm not sure how it works with the gasket etc...? I think he will though) , but he is not familiar with rep watches.
That's why i prefer not to replace the dial as the shaving of the arf dial might be a too unfamiliar job for him.

Thanks for listening to my opinion, and now i'm curious about yours and your experiences!

Kind regards
I wouldn’t recommend Noob for the best Rep Daytona.Clean factory v4 not released officially,but I have one. Better than Noob in every way..

Richangelo76

Horology Curious
15/7/22

what do you think?

thanks
Clean all the way

Richangelo76

Horology Curious
15/7/22
The answer to your question and the pictures that you are looking for have already been posted and discussed, twice, as another Member stated above.

Even in the smaller pictures that you posted, the difference is easy to see. Many people think that this difference is "not so bad" and that these Black Dials are "good enough". Many people will never see the difference, and that's fine. The point is that there is a difference. My comparison pictures are done to show the differences more clearly, and then each Member can decide for themselves what is "not so bad".
That is not the latest Clean Factory Daytona. As of now CF has best Daytona dial on marker V4. You can get one,even though factory hasn’t officially released info

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
That is not the latest Clean Factory Daytona. As of now CF has best Daytona dial on marker V4. You can get one,even though factory hasn’t officially released info
There's a V4? We barely had the V3...

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I wouldn’t recommend Noob for the best Rep Daytona.Clean factory v4 not released officially,but I have one. Better than Noob in every way..
Can you stop reviving old threads please Dr. Frankenstein?

Thanks.

Guenne

Horology Curious
25/12/20
Germany
I have a question concerning the Daytona ceramic bezels. I want to replace the bezels of my Noob Daytonas by BTF or CF bezels. Are these interchangeable? The dimensions of the BTF bezel which I got from the TD are different to what I measured on my once. Would be great to get some experience from you guys.