• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
I'm having trouble understanding this AR on the crystal thing, because my VSF 11 series subs had way better crystal clarity than my previous ARFs and Noobs. But apparently there's no AR. Doesn't really explain why the clarity of the VSF crystal is so relatively good then.

I’m generally quoting gen specs but in my experience most 11 series reps don’t have any internal ar including VSF but the clarity of different brands does vary and none of them equal gen quality of crystal.
That said ARF did put internal single ar on their crystals a while back as I’ve seen it on the Daytona range but it shouldn’t be there!
Clean/zzf crystals have always been good but don’t have good black hole effects compared to VSF or ZF for that matter but they could have improved in the last few weeks since the raids. Cg does look at little better bu5 for me the curvature is still wrong and I wouldn’t bother was5ing my money on one but that’s just my view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I'm having trouble understanding this AR on the crystal thing, because my VSF 11 series subs had way better crystal clarity than my previous ARFs and Noobs. But apparently there's no AR. Doesn't really explain why the clarity of the VSF crystal is so relatively good then.

Clarity has nothing to do with AR coating. VSF use a much better crystal - the clarity/purity of the sapphire is better, usually meaning it has been grown in a cleaner environment.

ARF and Noob crystals are trash.

subhunter101

Known Member
1/6/16
Upon closer inspection it kinda seems like the whole case “arms” on the clean version are a bit thicker than the gen. Theres almost a taper along the whole arm on the gen

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Need more photos samples from owners. Not QC photos pls.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
So close, definitely the updated case has made it the best option available currently but VSF is still the champ for the no date if you can find one!

stance

Known Member
9/8/13
Singapore
0e8b688d53d5bd11268e70acdfc505d0.jpg

9c177bfa6997e09dfa7daaabf15aad0c.jpg

126391ca1480020c153447053a1ea6a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So close, definitely the updated case has made it the best option available currently but VSF is still the champ for the no date if you can find one!

What is it lacking aside from slightly different cgs?