• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can someone do a comparison on the new CF 116520 SS bezel vs gen?

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
I see a Noob v4 116520 mentioned, didn’t see those listed on Puretime. What is the consensus on the Noob v4 dial? Are the subdials too shiny compared to gen/arf?
Also the crystal gasket needs to be replaced by a gen spec gasket? Thanks for your feedback interested in buying a white and a black... a little less ostentatious than the ceramic 116500 Daytona in my opinion. I would absolutely do the cf bezel upgrade.

I haven't had an earlier versions of 116520 in hand, so I shall be the wrong person to check with for a side by side comparison. However, the version I have is of Stock thickness: 12.5mm against 12.7-12.8mm for the best version sold by TDs at the moment. TDs do not have an access to the factories at this point of time due to the recent raids and the Spring Festival holidays. I did replace the NOOB gasket with a Swiss made gen specific gasket and the thickness was further reduced to 12.4mm, closest to the Gen thickness without any trimming or case modification. The V4 movement seems to be lot cleaner and well oiled against the best versions as per my watchmaker. Rest of the subtle differences, I am not aware of.

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Here is my newest batch CF, just received today.

In pics below there is comparison between stock noob and new CF:

The bezel is amazing, we no longer really need to go gen.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Here is my newest batch CF, just received today.

In pics below there is comparison between stock noob and new CF:

The bezel is amazing, we no longer really need to go gen.

Nice so new batch they added the mark between 120 and 130 kn CF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Nice so new batch they added the mark between 120 and 130 kn CF?

They added the missing dash, made it slimmer to exact thickness of gen bezel now (checked by yours truly against my gen here), made engravings deeper, used gloss ink and added a small bevel on the outer edge.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
They added the missing dash, made it slimmer to exact thickness of gen bezel now (checked by yours truly against my gen here), made engravings deeper, used gloss ink and added a small bevel on the outer edge.

If i just waited ! I got frustrated from the dash issue and went for a gen bezel worth if 700euros kn the bay for my ongoing build

Will be be definitely buying one once they are out though

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thanks to this thread I just noticed that the lovely shiny unopened CF bezel I bought M2M recently... is the v1 with the missing dash.

Sigh.

Guess that'll go into the "should have done my homework" drawer, and I'll order the most recent version.

Reactions: Yellobird

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Thanks to this thread I just noticed that the lovely shiny unopened CF bezel I bought M2M recently... is the v1 with the missing dash.

Sigh.

Guess that'll go into the "should have done my homework" drawer, and I'll order the most recent version.

Unfortunately we are several members to have made that mistake... we can only bite the bullet and keep that bezel as a souvenir....:thumbsup:

Any idea of what we could do with them ?

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Compared the new CF to my gen bezel today. It looks like my gen has slightly bolder font still but it is only realy noticeable with both bezels next to one another and zoomed in so no big deal. My gen is older style so does not have the outer edge bevel, also in some light one can see the coarser finish of the CF polishing but I still believe this is an amazing deal at $135 against gen $550-800 price.

In pics below gen bezel is on the white dialed watch:

Burbizia

29/8/20
Thanks for the pictures.
the white dial Daytona is al gen? Thanks

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Compared the new CF to my gen bezel today. It looks like my gen has slightly bolder font still but it is only realy noticeable with both bezels next to one another and zoomed in so no big deal. My gen is older style so does not have the outer edge bevel, also in some light one can see the coarser finish of the CF polishing but I still believe this is an amazing deal at $135 against gen $550-800 price.

In pics below gen bezel is on the white dialed watch:

shouldnt the crystal on the left be pressed down a bit ? looks really sticking out

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
shouldnt the crystal on the left be pressed down a bit ? looks really sticking out
Yep, gasket seems too high.

I remember a year ago desperatly looking for an ARF bezel when I started building my franken noob 116520. I almost bought a full watch to TD only for it, aftermarkets were not good enough.
I ended up buying a gen one, which is still the best, but those CF bezels are the best option today if one don't want to spend money on gen.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

mrsub

10/1/17
Hey guys, is the new CF bezel much better than the ARF v2 bezel for the 16520 in terms of profile, font and thickness?

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Hey guys, is the new CF bezel much better than the ARF v2 bezel for the 16520 in terms of profile, font and thickness?

I’ve had the new CF in hands, although the V1. The font is the same however for both the V1 and the V2.

> V1 has correct profile, incorrect thickness. It comes with a mark missing between ”120” and ”130”, that is now a well known defect.
> V2 has both correct profile and correct thickness, as well as depth of engraving.

However the font used is too bold for a 16520 OG bezel. Those 16520 that have a fat font bezel have had a replacement bezel installed, that is not the original bezel.

Personally I bought a gen slim font 16520 bezel after having had the CF bezels in my hands; the CF bezel is imo not slim enough for 16520 as well as early 116520 (period correct up to D-serial 116520, so as late as 2005).

So the TL;DR is that the CF V2 is an excellent replacement bezel for 16520.

Last edited:

jessepinkman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/21
Where to buy cf v2 bezel?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk