• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman GMT 116710 BLNR photo review

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
What are these BH crystals you are referring about? I seem to have never heard of that before..

BH means black hole, it's the effect produced by the AR on the cyclop only, which can be seen on gen crystals, as well as few high end reps/aftermarket

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
Ugh, okay right. Perhaps I should drink coffee before asking. I thought it was referring to a specific manufacturer of sorts, such as prof or clark.

Thanks!

Guicamarao

17/2/14
There's another crystal supplier, BH Crystals. Miles ahead of ARF. ARF on this particular blnr is garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I'm having dirty thoughts on this one.

As it has the 126710 body, with an acquired gen or rep 126710 dial and a noob or whomever jubilee and a gen crystal, and a set if gen hands one would have a very nice Batgirl Franken ....

I had a look on chromo24 at the rolex parts section. Wow what a mess. Can't even filter for a dial. ..

does anyone know who makes the best 126710rep dial? noob? GMF?

I already have a gen crystal lying about waiting to get installed somewhere ..

GMF v3 dial has perfect lume match with gen hands on the 126710. The VRF dial is also very good

Reactions: RiffRalf

Blutang777

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
Canada
GMF v3 dial has perfect lume match with gen hands on the 126710. The VRF dial is also very good

I agree, GMF V3 dial very good. Gen Hands match the lume perfect.

46d31f68e8c0d5ceb581090aeafc8333.png

e76f02c84fbf359e8af25551a5f6b5f8.png

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I agree, GMF V3 dial very good. Gen Hands match the lume perfect.

Looks great. Will a TD be able to get me one, would they even know what we mean by "V3" and the like?

I was trawling the m2m sales also but nothing there ....

Last edited:

Omega38

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/18
After my ARF BLNR died after only one day on the wrist I wanted to get it fixed and not have to send it back to china. A great seller on here tsyeo4 has been selling VR3185 movements so I contacted him to enquire about sending the watch for him to do the swap using a serviced VR3185 and possible repair the SH3186 movement. He is all the way in Singapore and I am in the UK.
Fantastic job down and very fast turn around with regular updates and the watch runs perfectly, he also managed to repair the SH3186 movement, Turns out it was a simple fix and required a replacement barrel.

Upon the watch arriving home I wasnt happy with how the crown would sit, slight differences in the movements maybe or maybe the crown and I found it was always quit tight to screw down.

So... This weekend I decided to be brave and have a go at fitting the genuine Rolex crown I managed to source. The 2 crowns are pretty much identical with the genuine crown being better finished and the gasket looks to be larger and better quality as you would hope.

ZDmd7s.jpg

ZDmqZ6.jpg

Crown and stem removed

ZDm7sq.jpg

New Crown fitted

ZDmHRh.jpg

This didnt resolve the issue however so I trimmed down the stem by 1.5mm

ZDmLi0.jpg

Perfect :)

No more gap and the crown screws down nice and smooth

ZDmOrD.jpg

Even managed to get the Rolex crown to stand up straight when fully screwed down :)

ZDmtIF.jpg

Very happy with this now and hopefully will run well for years to come.