Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metsu View Post
    Hi guys

Received the watch a few days ago and decided to post the issue here for discussion.

the craft is a disappointment :

watch casing : the circled area is very pointy and sharp, it actually hurts when I press my finger on it.

Bazel and crown finishing are poor, very sharp edges, my finger hurts when I tried to loosen the crown to adjust the watch, end up I need to use a cloth to cover it to loosen it.

same issue goes to the bracelet too.

rate 2/10 for this watch. so guys buying from this factory might want to look out for those issues.
    I had ARF, Noob till now and all of them were sharp. I think to sharp them cost too much for the factory because I’m this time the worker can built a new watch instead of brushing one.

A Watch Smith brush it gen-like so this is for me the first way when I buy a Rollie Rep to eliminate that pain in some moments you wear it.

I think we have to live with that sharp edges, when it’s brushed it goes another big step to be gen like more important for me as modding hour hands or smaller parts.

A lot of guys who want to check your watch feel it because they know about sharp edges on Reps, so they will wonder if this feels smooth

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

Full agreement. This is really crazy what some people are doing here. They give a lot of money for Gen parts but the watch stays sharp. You don't even have to look at the watch, you just pick it up and feel that it is a Rep.

Comment

well if it's any consolation, i have a couple of ARF replicas and some of the edges of their cases can be sharp too. but that doesn't mean that they are trash and that didn't take away from my enjoyment of these watches. I think you may have to adjust your expectations a bit or compare with more replicas to understand what is acceptable.

Comment

Is this a troll post? OP the lug ends are just as pointy on a gen.
          Do you have sensitive finger tips?

Comment

do you have a gen submarine to put next to the zzf?
            if not how do you say all this?
            and let's not forget that it is $ 500 vs $ 10,000

Comment

The edges of the lugs are supposed to be sharp... My gen had it too.. Of course it will hurt if you press hard enough.

But the crown? Hahaha this is a new one for me. My Gen also had sharp crown, it is supposed to be like that. Of course not so sharp that it could cut.

You sure you are not a wimp with women's skin? something tells me you have never done any kind of physical hard labor in your life
              My works:
              https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...logixa-s-works

How to service a Tourbillon:
              https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...rbillon-st8000

Comment

Oh shit I just noticed your long fingernail on the picture. Are you a woman?
                My works:
                https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...logixa-s-works

How to service a Tourbillon:
                https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...rbillon-st8000

Comment

OP is right!!!
                  My ZZF also hurts when I stick it into my ass
                  ;(

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RWI

Comment

Originally posted by sergiofp94 View Post
                    OP is right!!!
                    My ZZF also hurts when I stick it into my ass
                    ;(

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RWI
                    Too sharpy

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Either you have some tomatoes on your eyes or such a thick cornea that you can neither see nor feel the difference.

Comment

In everyday life and wear, when would the bracelet be in that angle, enough to expose the "sharp" edge of the lugs. Stop looking for flaws or things to complain over, if it bothers you that much buy an Arkansas stone and dull the edges off.

Comment

This thread should have been called: "ZZF 116610LN disa-ppointed"

Comment

Originally posted by mariot View Post
                            do you have a gen submarine to put next to the zzf?
                            You’ll find that almost all of a submarine is pretty smooth - it makes for easier progress through the water. The only bits that might feel quite sharp are the edges of the propeller blades.

As an aside, I did a tour of a decommissioned Russian nuclear Sub, while visiting the German V2 rocket development site at Peenemünde. God, it was the least ergonomic piece of machinery you could possibly imagine. It’s like the last thing on anyone’s mind when designing it was that submarines have crews. It definitely needed some serious modding to make it more comfortable for the users...

But anyway, I digress...
                            My FrankenSub Collection
                            My Sub Collection
                            My Seamaster Collection
                            My 1675 Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by p0pperini View Post
                              You’ll find that almost all of a submarine is pretty smooth - it makes for easier progress through the water. The only bits that might feel quite sharp are the edges of the propeller blades.

As an aside, I did a tour of a decommissioned Russian nuclear Sub, while visiting the German V2 rocket development site at Peenemünde. God, it was the least ergonomic piece of machinery you could possibly imagine. It’s like the last thing on anyone’s mind when designing it was that submarines have crews. It definitely needed some serious modding to make it more comfortable for the users...

But anyway, I digress...
                              submariner ⚓️????????????

Comment

I think we are all a little bit disappointed at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X