• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Once 2020 Subs are released, will everyone get rid of their previous gen Subs?

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I'm interested what folks will do. So, will folks sell away their Sub (date & no date). Green Sub is different and will not replace current Hulk. So, are everyone looking forward to 2020 Subs to replace their current Subs? Thoughts?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Unlikely, or at least u likely that prices of old 6 digits will drop First of all the supply of new pieces won't be massive, and you'll have people preferring the older model to the newest one and people who want both. The price of the 5 digit models didn't go down when the 6 digits came to market

IMHO

Daithi66

Horology Curious
20/8/20
Unlikely, or at least u likely that prices of old 6 digits will drop First of all the supply of new pieces won't be massive, and you'll have people preferring the older model to the newest one and people who want both. The price of the 5 digit models didn't go down when the 6 digits came to market

IMHO

I agree with this. I actually prefer the current style over the new subs.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Just means I’ll need to buy more watches (around v3/4/5 or when they are acceptable).

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Except for the HULK, I say yes. I was never a fan of the square case... it just doesn’t flow.

The SUB 41 slim lug case shape just flows with the bracelet. Its more organic—like a classic 5 digit Sub.

Last edited:
Reactions: thrillofhunt

Tobel

6/7/17
Except for the HULK, I say yes. I was never a fan of the box case... it just doesn’t flow.

The SUB 41 slim lug case shape just flows with the bracelet. Its more organic—like a classic 5 digit Sub.

It all comes down to personal preference, and there won't be less love for the 116610 models. I can totally understand your point with the slim lugs, though I don't have a problem with the maxi case. I own both a gen Kermit and gen 116610LN and I like them for their differences. However one thing that puts me off about the new 41mm subs, is the larger bracelet. I loved the size of the previous ones and the new one seems too big for me. As I said, very personal preference and some folks will say that they like it and that the previous one was too small :)

In any case I don't foresee a drop in interest nor in price for the 116610 models

Last edited:
Reactions: m5smg2

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I can see upgrading from factory pieces I’ve kept stock, however sentimental and frankens will be kept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
Except for the HULK, I say yes. I was never a fan of the box case... it just doesn’t flow.

This.

It is also thinner so it should wear more comfortable and stay centered on the wrist.

Reactions: m5smg2

Tobel

6/7/17
This.

It is also thinner so it should wear more comfortable and stay centered on the wrist.

So how does that answer the initial question of this thread? You think that gen owners of 116610 will massively get rid of them?

Tobel

6/7/17
Did the 5 digit owners get rid of it to get the 6 digit?

Not sure why you'd answer a question with another question but to answer yours, and as I mentioned above, the answer is no

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Not sure why you'd answer a question with another question but to answer yours, and as I mentioned above, the answer is no

To answer your question Tobel - I think their question was probably rhetorical... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
To the OP's question....
in my opinion, no. Lots of people like the older models & will continue to do so once the new model is available.