• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT Master II 116713 two tone on the market

Noleex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/11/18
ARF just released there new two tone GMT Model:

https://puretimewatch.io/featured-p...4l-steel-arf-1-1-best-edition-sh3186-chs.html

At the first Look it looks like the older 116710 LN with wrapped gold. Hands and Dial look very nice in expected ARF quality. The Movement ist not really a step forward, it’s the same as from the older Model, also no improvement on the Datedisk. The SEL looks good but not gen like, same as on all other two tone ARF models, and also not wrapped on the sides (see pics). Clasp and Bracelet looks nice as ARF is known for. The Bezel insert looks good at the first look, also the 116710LN was one of the best out of the box ceramic inserts, so they used definitely the same mold for it. So also on the second look it is a 116710LN wrapped in Gold for a few bux more.

Reactions: Pdatoon

Bendori

2/5/16
What a dissapointment on the bare SELs. ARF keeps doing this with their two tone bracelets. I just don't get it.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The SEL side isn't bare, it is partially covered to a straight line border where the plating was masked off. This is intended to give the appearance of plating on the SEL sides without the hassle of dealing with the curved perpendicular border to the outer sections. And it prevents spillover plating from ending up on those sections, which is not uncommon when factories try to plate the entire side of the center link.

Last edited:

Noleex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/11/18
The SEL side isn't bare, it is partially covered to a straight line border where the plating was masked off. This is intended to give the appearance of plating on the SEL sides without the hassle of dealing with the curved perpendicular border to the outer sections. And it prevents spillover plating from ending up on those sections, which is not uncommon when factories try to plate the entire side of the center link.

correct, most of the factories do it that way because it’s easier and simpler to plate, but I remember there was a one has it plated on the sides, I think it was DJF a time ago

theos33

Horology Curious
4/9/20
Hi

Just got mine, and I like it a lot. This is my first high end so I dont have much to compare but the feeling is great. I will let the comparison to the real one done by the experts in this forum. The watch is still wrapped in plastic.

Reactions: KJ2020 and Clarkent

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hi

Just got mine, and I like it a lot. This is my first high end so I dont have much to compare but the feeling is great. I will let the comparison to the real one done by the experts in this forum. The watch is still wrapped in plastic.

Stunner. Congratulations and enjoy the new piece. Bet you can't wait to peal that plastic off.... lol.

Last edited:

theos33

Horology Curious
4/9/20
He he, actually I had it for 2 days and just dont want to rip that plastic, just to get that new feeling a bit longer. I know that as soon I put it on my wrist the first micro scratches will appear :)...

BlackIceBob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/14
I've got a horrendous noobie question--how long do you expect the gold plating to last? I had a rep YEARS ago and the gold wore off in spots within six months of wearing every day.....

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
He he, actually I had it for 2 days and just dont want to rip that plastic, just to get that new feeling a bit longer. I know that as soon I put it on my wrist the first micro scratches will appear :)...

I put protective squares of cellphone film on the clasp and 2 links either side of all my "gold" reps. Oldest one is now 18 months and it still is like new. It's a bit of a hassle but worth it for the ease of mind wearing them IMO. You can buy pre-cut kits for this, I just used some leftover film I had.

i9vJ3.jpg

WHTdL.jpg

WHCZS.jpg

WHluW.jpg

WHBhJ.jpg

qXahJ.jpg

qX5Qk.jpg

qXAxY.jpg

mX1xp.jpg

Reactions: BlackIceBob

theos33

Horology Curious
4/9/20
Very nice with the stickers. I have seen they are selling these things here really expensive. But they might be a good investment.

On the gold part, what I have read it does not fade away as easily nowdays, but only time will tell. This particular watch you can combine it wiht a lot of straps and it will look good imo.

Slowlex

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/7/13
Hi

Let me know if you are selling it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: kev_k1ng