• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Sea dweller Question, first time buyer

Jr5nichols

Horology Curious
5/7/20
I was wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me if this magnification looks accurate, it seems a bit intense to me but maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me as I’m trying to go over it with a fine tooth comb as it is my first ever purchase?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I was wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me if this magnification looks accurate, it seems a bit intense to me but maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me as I’m trying to go over it with a fine tooth comb as it is my first ever purchase?

It does look over magnified indeed. The question is whether this is an anomaly or the whole current batch is this way. But in any case I'd red lights this

Jr5nichols

Horology Curious
5/7/20
Great thank you, should I just ask for new photos or see a different one with different dates? Thanks for any insight you can offer, it’s my first time and I’ve seen many different suggestions in other various posts.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Great thank you, should I just ask for new photos or see a different one with different dates? Thanks for any insight you can offer, it’s my first time and I’ve seen many different suggestions in other various posts.

I’m not a picky QC’er but that cyclops does not look right. It could be the focus on the camera but I would, at the very least, ask for another picture.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Just for comparisons sake...

In the picture, the red looks darker than it is so I don't think that is too much of an issue. But not sure.

I don't know it it's the magnification or the date itself.
3495f9c81f02e9323919a8da0c62b483.jpg

Edit to add, here is my old QC.

0bbb4908b9c6b8b71622cb3be9927882.jpg

Last edited:

Hazing

9/5/19
And yes, communicate nicely with your dealer.

Explain to him that something looks off about the cyclops and the date and it doesn't look like it should. And ask if he can give you better images.

Some TDs night say "we don't have time to take second QC pics". (as some sometimes do).

At that point (if this happens) just say you have serious and reasonable concerns and you are making a reasonable request to take a better look before rejecting.

It would make sense for them to take pics to show you (hopefully) it's a problem with the picture and not the watch because getting a second watch would Be more work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jr5nichols

Horology Curious
5/7/20
Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it. Just sent my reply letting them know the date seems over magnified or off in general, and asked for some pictures of other dates As well. Hopefully it isn’t too much hassle for them and it happens smoothly.

If it is still looking the same, I’ll request it be rejected and try a different one.

thank you all again, I’ll share the new photo when I get it, it really helped having additional eyes as confirmation.

Hazing

9/5/19
With thag being said, Jr Nichols is right. As, I look at mine, the red line in your QC does look dark.

Although different factories use diff reds.

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I have the same ARF SD43 and the date should be significantly smaller. I assume the crystal was too high above the dial for some reason...

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
The mag is wrong. This is not ARF.

Jr5nichols

Horology Curious
5/7/20

I got more photos back, and the TD told me “it’s good here are more photos” and they all clearly show that the mag is off especially after seeing so many of you sharing photos where the mag looks right. There’s almost no black outline in the date window that you can clearly see on several other versions in several other posts including this thread.

umtimatly I rejected it, and asked for a different one. These are all new experiences so I’ll keep anyone interested updated as to the resolve. Customer service has been really nice so far.

Jr5nichols

Horology Curious
5/7/20
I should add, I zoomed in on a couple with proper mag to show the date window and sent as a comparison to why I think they are so different. But I’m sure they are just working to move product quickly like most businesses. Just time to play the waiting game a little longer.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I should add, I zoomed in on a couple with proper mag to show the date window and sent as a comparison to why I think they are so different. But I’m sure they are just working to move product quickly like most businesses. Just time to play the waiting game a little longer.

Please share what factory SD43 you ordered, because this is not ARF. Thanks

franz.oberhauser

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/7/20
This watch looks really nice
Have anyone compared it side by side with authentic piece

Hazing

9/5/19
It looks like the 6 and 9 markers are different sizes too. I noticed that in the first pic but there were bigger issues and I didn't want to pile on but no while we talking.

I have to say... It does not look like noob either. The 12 o'clock marker is too high. The markers in general don't look that good. And noob makes a good dial with good details.

Who else makes a 904L SD 43? BP?

Hazing

9/5/19
This watch looks really nice
Have anyone compared it side by side with authentic piece
There are a few threads going back to the last versions comparing each factory to gen to and each other.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
It looks like the 6 and 9 markers are different sizes too. I noticed that in the first pic but there were bigger issues and I didn't want to pile on but no while we talking.

I have to say... It does not look like noob either. The 12 o'clock marker is too high. The markers in general don't look that good. And noob makes a good dial with good details.

Who else makes a 904L SD 43? BP?

Good eye. Me thinks it’s BP, GM or VR..

Reactions: Hazing