• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jubilee Bracelet For Rolex Sub no date (zzf or noob)

moonlighting

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
EU
Dear members, was thinking in to put a jubilee bracelet for a Rolex Sub no date. Obviously aesthehtics its something very personal but I think its a very elegant combination, very unusual but with a vintage line that I love so much. The only concern os about what brand/factory of jubilee strap can match a sub zzf or noob. Whats your opinion? Thanks in advance and best !

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
i never liked the jubilee for mens watches
Fortunate that it's not for you then! ;)

I expect KJ2020 would be able to offer advice on the OP's question... which was "which Jubilee bracelet would fit a ZZF/Noob Sub?" rather than, "I'm a man. Would it be okay to fit a Jubilee to my Sub?"

Sadly, I can't tag KJ because I still get an error every time I attempt to post with a tag in the text.

Reactions: moonlighting

moonlighting

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
EU
Fortunate that it's not for you then! ;)

I expect KJ2020 would be able to offer advice on the OP's question... which was "which Jubilee bracelet would fit a ZZF/Noob Sub?" rather than, "I'm a man. Would it be okay to fit a Jubilee to my Sub?"

Sadly, I can't tag KJ because I still get an error every time I attempt to post with a tag in the text.

Thank you dear Popperini for your help/answer. And yes I am a man and I love this vintage style of jubilee straps! They look amazing on a rolex datejust and why not in a sub!

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Yeah i also love a jubilee on sub, yet i like it better on the 5 digit models.
Unfortunately I could not get to fit any of my jubilees on one of mine.

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
b6973e9eb90bab7f2ec61c2785564735.jpg

ca19412ee87242ab3e691bc02b2d5e21.jpg

Men with Jubilee are cooler than men with no taste

Mine is from a cheap ebay and it works fine in this DJF

https://www.ebay.es/itm/203018897338

https://www.ebay.es/itm/183661020180

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Get the jubilee from Noob or VRF/GMF GMT (20mm end link) and try it. The one issue is jubilee springbars are different width from oyster and hence the hole size in the mid-case could be different.

The ARF DJ36 jubilee is also 20mm lug width and you could try that but the SEL recess may be different.

Last edited:

moonlighting

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
EU
Get the jubilee from Noob or VRF/GMF GMT (20mm end link) and try it. The one issue is jubilee springbars are different width from oyster and hence the hole size in the mid-case could be different.

The ARF DJ36 jubilee is also 20mm lug width and you could try that but the SEL recess may be different.

Thank you dear srhoque for your posts and your help, I appreciate very much. I am going to buy a noob/vrf/gmf jubilee bracelet and try to install or adapt to my sub zzf watch. Thanks again!

mascob1

6/11/16
Those bracelets are nice but they aren't the "real" jubilees using by rolex for their last models.
the sels are differents, not so big...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is never an easy task. The Noob GMT Pepsi jubilee is the best one but the fit to a Noob V8/9 is not optimal. The bottom of the SEL is just a tad too thick for it to clear the case lip. One might be able to grind it down a little but as the bottom moves toward the case, the top may pull away from the case as the SEL rotates around the springbar. You could almost get away with it as is. Almost...

The Sub is a Noob V8, the V9 case is identical.

vs5aS.jpg

vsLVW.jpg

vs38D.jpg

Underside - Sub
vsZFs.jpg

Underside - GMT
vszAY.jpg

vsDp3.jpg

vshzo.jpg

vsAkP.jpg

vs2OJ.jpg

This bracelet is from an older 6-digit BP GMT. The fit is better but not great

vsHvk.jpg

vsUpQ.jpg

I think maybe a better solution for this option would be to find a GMT case that can fit either an oyster or a jubilee if you want to be able to switch around (there are several) and just convert it into a Sub case - swap crystal retaining ring, bezel, movement with dial/hands. The movement would have to fit the case of course. I've done that in the other direction. Used a Sub case to make a GMT. Not a big deal.

Last edited:

moonlighting

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
EU
This is never an easy task. The Noob GMT Pepsi jubilee is the best one but the fit to a Noob V8/9 is not optimal. The bottom of the SEL is just a tad too thick for it to clear the case lip. One might be able to grind it down a little but as the bottom moves toward the case, the top may pull away from the case as the SEL rotates around the springbar. You could almost get away with it as is. Almost...

vs5aS.jpg

vsLVW.jpg

vs38D.jpg

Underside - Sub
vsZFs.jpg

Underside - GMT
vszAY.jpg

vsDp3.jpg

vshzo.jpg

vsAkP.jpg

vs2OJ.jpg

This bracelet is from an older 6-digit BP GMT. The fit is better but not great

vsHvk.jpg

vsUpQ.jpg

I think maybe a better solution for this option would be to find a GMT case that can fit either an oyster or a jubilee if you want to be able to switch around (there are several) and just convert it into a Sub case - swap crystal retaining ring, bezel, movement with dial/hands. The movement would have to fit the case of course. I've done that in the other direction. Used a Sub case to make a GMT. Not a big deal.

Dear KJ2020 I would like to say a big thank you for your amazing explanation about the jubilee bracelets on submariners. Its the best post I saw about this topic and I am very grateful for this. I will try to install one on my sub and I will tell you. Thank you again and best regards.

Reactions: KJ2020

rocketman1

Known Member
1/10/18

vs5aS.jpg

Does anybody know how the GMT Jubilee from GMF is qualitywise compared to the Noob? I have the GMF but the edges of the inner Jubilee links are sharp AF and also the GMF Clasp is not comparable to Gen and still miles away from ARF GMT Clasp. Is Noob maybe something in between?