• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Super Clone Submariner 1:1 2020 edition :)

mcsleepy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16
Which one: ZF, ARF, Noob V10, ...? I'm looking for the best in terms ootb
Looks like there is no love for Noob V10 over here! I like some of the QC which is out there to be honest

Yachtmaster_Chris

Known Member
31/3/18
Hawaii, USA
I disagree with some of his points, I own 2 gen Rolex watches and the reason I got for a rep is because I refuse to pay 7-8k over retail for the models I really want or be placed on a 1-2 year waiting list and even the AD with holding stock because they have preferred customers. ( This has happened to me )

Same here. I have 2 gens and 4 or so reps. No way in hell I'm buying into this whole "pay huge premiums for a steel watch at the apex of a growing price bubble or wait for potentially years just for the HONOR of paying MSRP" bologna. I'll stick with my easily attainable, significantly cheaper vintage solid gold gens, thank you very much.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMG2099

JMG2099

Known Member
31/5/20
Yup, he said that. Given that he runs a watch review YouTube channel, I doubt he can say otherwise even if he feels that the rep is a good deal... LOL

Exactly, all his shots were macro shots and on top of that it wasn’t even the best one ootb in my opinion. But he did bash the crap out of it lol. I have some pieces that cost me $600 some Tissots and Siekos and i feel the rep wears better. Just my opinion though.

JMG2099

Known Member
31/5/20
I agree. But his argument is that, if we think Rolex is a scam, or if we don’t want to wait, then why don’t we buy an affordable gen that looks close enough to Rolex (eg seiko)? Why it it have to be a rep with Rolex on the dial?

Sent from the RWI App

To it’s def not a scam because they are great investments if you get the correct model. My bluesy has appreciated 1k over the past year but at the same time I never had to beg a company to take my 11k from me except for when I walk into the Rolex AD’s.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Yup, he said that. Given that he runs a watch review YouTube channel, I doubt he can say otherwise even if he feels that the rep is a good deal... LOL

Yes. But you’re missing his point.

We know that gens are a scam. He even admits gens are over priced. However, he is saying we should buy cheaper gens like seiko - rather than paying 600 for a fake Rolex.

Not saying I agree with him. But his question is why do we want the name Rolex on the wrist and can’t live with seiko instead

Sent from the RWI App

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
To it’s def not a scam because they are great investments if you get the correct model. My bluesy has appreciated 1k over the past year but at the same time I never had to beg a company to take my 11k from me except for when I walk into the Rolex AD’s.

Meh. I’ve got more gen Rolex then I can remember but I still think they’re over priced. I would Rather wear reps. They’re so well replicated in 2020 (with a few gens parts).

It’s a scam because the prices are artificially inflated.

And watches being investments is what I tell the wife lol

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: JMG2099 and tmp2018

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
he has some points, but not the best sub rep ootb and overall its just "meh". a lot of the rwi members are into gen watches, family and holidays AND REP watches. So what? Why does he like cameras? Are the cameras he owns worth the money? Blablabla...