• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Pepsi released

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Please keep us updated! Cos if we don't hear back from you, we can only assume that you have been arrested.. :surprise:

Just kidding.. Ha.. :innocent:

Haha yes. Got the package, soon home from work to open. Exiteedd!

Last edited:

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Crystal and cyclops is sick! Best i've seen on a rep. Insane blackhole effect and clear just like the gen!

Bezel movement feel is just like arf, feels smooth Love the dial and markers
Insert is very nice imo

Movement is feeling good, little dry. Everything working perfect
All dates are dead center
Good bracelet with smooth screws ease to do.
Clasp is a little tight but with get better while using.

Solid watch from vrf and a lovely price! If u love pepsi buy this gents!
​​

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like a very good quality watch bro, congrats. They did a much better job with the insert color transitions than on the Batman. I like the blue color, the red is a little bright to ever get it near a gen but it's pretty!

Reactions: diamant

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Update: watch is on the way to me, should recieve tomorrow. :) not sure what I am getting if they did something to it.. Advice?

lol. Again, here in the USA things are different and I’ve heard stories of people in the USA just getting their watch. Sometimes with taxes, sometimes without. But I agree with kj2020.

in the USA it depends on a lot of things including the agent who seized it. Also, in the USA it is not illegal to own counterfeit items, only sellIng them is illegal.

but if they think it is gen, they may ask you to pay taxes on it so telll them it’s yours (maybe?- but I don’t want to take responsibility if you get arrested).

however, I will say that in these crazy times customs departments for a lot of countries are over worked and understaffed. Not only that but many countries are now in search of things they didn’t care about 2 months ago. Like they may be searching for equipment related to COVID only.

I’ve had many packages intercepted by customs and only got 2 package passed to me after it passed customs and that was 1.) a Panerai and 2) some Gucci items (and they excellent quality.) because Both are such good quality, I don’t think they were capable of identifying those items as a replica. However, during COVID times, I’ve had several packages opened by Chinese customs and us customs and passed on. Word is they were looking for ppe or medical supplies/equipment.

Reactions: KJ2020

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Glad you’re still here. We were about to start a go fund me page for bail. Lol

Haha yes, the thing is on dhl page it was "on hold" and customs checking package for clearence. Still the package did not seemed opened and the watch was not touched. So wierddd and scary tho.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
am confused, we went into lengths onto the different Pepsi releases ( original ones) and how the V1 and V2 actually were close to what I though is this exact color. Now I am reading it's not ? The Noob is closest to V3, the one most in circulation. Did I get this wrong?

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
it’s none of them actually. while the blue is close to mk1, the red actually is way too bright and also doesn’t match with mk2 or mk3

reminds me more on older pepsi aloy bezels ..
84ff532cad6e78dc1648d801015787a4.jpg

but hey, looks good anyway and has a somewhat reliable movement with decent black hole effect..

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Oh my fkn god:eek: love it
73kj5.jpg
73wIF.jpg

Looks very nice but the red is very orangey to me. Still I like it better than some of the diarrhea-brown we have seen on some of the Noobs.
And a better movement and a better price! There is a lot to say for this rep.

Here is one on youtube which seems pretty bright but still yours is brighter and more orangey. The red in the gen does change a lot in hue depending on how the light hits it.
I have to say the blue on the rep is also off, the gen is much more purple-ish to my eyes.
But the transitions are good and I don't see a speed bump

Last edited:

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Looks very nice but the red is very orangey to me. Still I like it better than some of the diarrhea-brown we have seen on some of the Noobs.
​​​​

Here is one on youtube which seems pretty bright but still yours is brighter and more orangey. The red in the gen does change a lot in hue depending on how the light hits it.
I have to say the blue on the rep is also off, the gen is much more purple-ish to my eyes.

Thanks man.
Look more orange in pictures than irl, it have a good red and blue. Gonna take picture with another camera to show u:)

James2020

1/6/20
Thanks man.
Look more orange in pictures than irl, it have a good red and blue. Gonna take picture with another camera to show u:)

Thanks, diamant! Looking forward to more photos of your lovely VRF. Was about to pull the trigger on the Noob until I saw your pics

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
am confused, we went into lengths onto the different Pepsi releases ( original ones) and how the V1 and V2 actually were close to what I though is this exact color. Now I am reading it's not ? The Noob is closest to V3, the one most in circulation. Did I get this wrong?

There is just no good rep ceramic pepsi bezel yet, at least none that is close to gen. The noob is nice looking but missed the shade of blue in the red and vice versa (hence the brown look that some mentioned)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Dude, it’s the white balance of the shot. Do you think his hand is that colour? He’d be dead.

Reactions: masterpiece777