• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

14060 from Silix

tah

7/2/11
Got this watch from Silix. I think there's was a little communication breakdown. I wanted the case with the lug holes like the Gen. They kept telling me they were waiting for it from the factory for over a month. Finally I relented and told them to send me the one without the holes.

So I get the watch this week and it has holes....wtf? But it's what I wanted so all is well.

I've got to tell you, overall I'm VERY pleased witht this rep. I've owned two gens of this watch, the 14060 and the 14060M and this rep does not disappoint me.

The good: dial and hands look really good. lug holes although not perfectly positioned are close enough to gen to fool just about anyone, band is proper hollow links and hollow end links, proper diver extension, keeps good time, nice coronets on dial, crown and clasp.......

The not so good: crystal has coronet, not proper on this one (14060), proper on 14060M with rehaut engraving, one band screw was very stubborn but after soaking overnight in Kroil (heat did NOTHING) got it loose and out, bezel feels kind of sloppy when turning, gues I'll just leave it alone - problem solved!

Here's some quick and dirty pics..........enjoy

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

2010 14060M Gen, the Chinese have a long way to go to get the dial Coronet close to gen..............

DialII.jpg

Case.jpg

Older 14060 Gen

P1010056.jpg

D

d4m.test

... lookin' good! Even with their $30 specials, Silix stuff isn't bad. Would pass with 99.999% of the crowd... .

dave

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I like it! What did this sell for?

tah

7/2/11
I like it! What did this sell for?

$258, only available in ETA.........

Henen't had the back off yet, I'll let you know what I find.

http://www.silix-prime.com/rols218-p-2520

I'd advise ANYONE to send them a picture WITH lug holes so they know exactly what you want. I probably could have had this one three to four weeks earlier.

bbphrog:

I got a couple of their $30 specials also, couple of Seadwellers. One is wearable (just!) and the other is not. However my 14 year-old son can break anvils with glass hammers so he gets the bad one. I'm going to go inside them and epoxy the fake HEV's, grease the O rings and reseat the crystals so they'll be somewhat waterproof.

The $30 specials remind me of the NY models I used to get in the late 80's early 90's. Pretty rough. The "bad" one that goes to my son....on the back of the Seadweller case, the printing where it says OYSTER......looks like this: OYS TER.....no shit!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Looking very good
Congrats!!

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
If you've had the gen, how close is this rep? I've been wanting one of these but read a thread the other day that said all reps of this model were bad With really obvious tells.