• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex gmt pepsi noob 126710 BLRO 904L

senator

3/6/09
Just put a VR 3186 movement in and all is good and you have a nice watch.

82eaf07ca6de63ade221c43934835e85.jpg
cfb081c036717292ea68a2513899d347.jpg
f7aebe6132bc7b20cbc1ff6e8427993b.jpg
f7466ad7e5b2849a050fb99d662c0277.jpg
11d5838feb84b876fc462ba2a1a462cb.jpg

Sent from iX

plus gen crystal and datewheel :hypno:

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
So did Noob make the Pepsi case gen spec so that it would fit the 3285 movement which is larger in diameter than the 3186 and thus the need for a spacer ring? I don't know why else they would make the case so open. The 2386 GMT that I assume they're using is actually much smaller than the 3186. Are they cloning a 3285 and wanting to use the same case.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So did Noob make the Pepsi case gen spec so that it would fit the 3285 movement which is larger in diameter than the 3186 and thus the need for a spacer ring? I don't know why else they would make the case so open. The 2386 GMT that I assume they're using is actually much smaller than the 3186. Are they cloning a 3285 and wanting to use the same case.

The Noob V10 case is not gen-spec and the movement is not a 3285 or a 3186. Those are fake engravings on the ETA clone. It is a 2824 with modified GMT bits to facilitate CHS. The dial spacer is 1.5mm thick (1.5x normal) to allow the taller GMT bits to fit. The datewheel is also fitted on an elevated tooth ring to keep the date from being overmagnifed due to being further away from the cyclops. The case is a 2836 case, and in fact can equip a 2836 ICHS or DG3804 ICHS movement in a 1:1 swap.

The VR3185 that's being used in the Noob case has a stem height "very close" to the 2836/ mod 2824 and should be very close to gen as well. Previous attempts to fit the Noob case with a gen 3186 have not always been without some stem height issues, it will be interesting to see if any of those issues develop fitting the VR3185.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
KJ2020 i realize that the Noob is an Asian ETA clone. But if I recall correctly ETA has an outer diameter of 25.6 mill. And 3186 is larger diameter than ETA 2836. I suppose that the case opening is constrained by the dial diameter and thus any case made for an ETA needs a movement ring. But I was just surprised that the case needed a movement spacer for a 3185. I say that because my submariners which take the 3135 do not have movement rings.

all of that led me to believe and speculate that maybe someone in the factory business is planning a 3285 clone movement and thus Noob made their case big enough to accept the potentially cloned 3285

i believe that the ARF and VRF GMT 116710 do not use movement rings around their 3185/6 because it fits like a champ. I don’t know why Noob would make their case movement opening oversized for even the 3185 which is bigger In diameter than the ETA GMT clone they’re using. And I get that I’m also using the word clone loosely because they kind of frankensteined on their GMT bits and likely none of those GMT bits are jeweled thus making it a time bomb.

maybe I’m over speculating and they only made it so big because they’re trying to do a good job cloning the 126710 dial which I believe is wider than the 116710 dial because it is true that the 3285 is wider than the 3186 I suppose to accommodate their larger barrel which gives them greater power reserve in addition to their chronergy escapement (however I doubt that their escapement is the reason for the larger diameter to their new movement.

anyways I’m just fantasizing that noob may be doing a skunk works project of cloning the 3285 but don’t want to kill current sales of their GMT which may be financing their reverse engineering budget. I mean after all Noob did give us the 4130 clone. Which I absolutely adore because damnit if my noob Daytona doesn’t have excellent power reserve.

mostly I should just be happy that with a movement spacer one is able to drop in a 3185/6.

do you happen to know if time setting positions and directions are the same for the 3285 as the 3186? I assume the ETA is different direction than Rolex caliber. Would be cool to have a functionally equivalent watch time setting operation.

Reactions: Dissemination

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/3/06
London
Is this a fair price for the movement?

£160.11 | China clone RLX GMT 3186 movement automatic mechanical movement men watch movement blue balance
https://a.aliexpress.com/_B0oB9d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
KJ2020 i realize that the Noob is an Asian ETA clone. But if I recall correctly ETA has an outer diameter of 25.6 mill. And 3186 is larger diameter than ETA 2836. I suppose that the case opening is constrained by the dial diameter and thus any case made for an ETA needs a movement ring. But I was just surprised that the case needed a movement spacer for a 3185. I say that because my submariners which take the 3135 do not have movement rings.

all of that led me to believe and speculate that maybe someone in the factory business is planning a 3285 clone movement and thus Noob made their case big enough to accept the potentially cloned 3285

i believe that the ARF and VRF GMT 116710 do not use movement rings around their 3185/6 because it fits like a champ. I don’t know why Noob would make their case movement opening oversized for even the 3185 which is bigger In diameter than the ETA GMT clone they’re using. And I get that I’m also using the word clone loosely because they kind of frankensteined on their GMT bits and likely none of those GMT bits are jeweled thus making it a time bomb.

maybe I’m over speculating and they only made it so big because they’re trying to do a good job cloning the 126710 dial which I believe is wider than the 116710 dial because it is true that the 3285 is wider than the 3186 I suppose to accommodate their larger barrel which gives them greater power reserve in addition to their chronergy escapement (however I doubt that their escapement is the reason for the larger diameter to their new movement.

anyways I’m just fantasizing that noob may be doing a skunk works project of cloning the 3285 but don’t want to kill current sales of their GMT which may be financing their reverse engineering budget. I mean after all Noob did give us the 4130 clone. Which I absolutely adore because damnit if my noob Daytona doesn’t have excellent power reserve.

mostly I should just be happy that with a movement spacer one is able to drop in a 3185/6.

do you happen to know if time setting positions and directions are the same for the 3285 as the 3186? I assume the ETA is different direction than Rolex caliber. Would be cool to have a functionally equivalent watch time setting operation.

One can only speculate. Noob should have released this with the vR movement as they started on their 3135 subs. Did they know vr was coming with a 3186? I’m sure they have over thousands of these lousy movements sitting in there plant as we speak, looking to blow them out soon and take advantage of us suckers. either they knew vr and ar were coming out with clone gmt movements and purposely released their Pepsi before the game changers. We won’t know. It’s genius on their end but shitty for us.

Once our guys here figure out how the movement sits, works, and is reliable...this changes the game for all the folks who purchased an over priced noob Pepsi, like me. and like history..the insert will go back to shitty vs what it is right now, inserts like what Marco1937 looks very good and is the best I’ve seen so far.

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
So theorically it’s possible ti do the same thing also with Explorer II 216570 Noob CHS?

padorkous

Known Member
13/1/17
One can only speculate. Noob should have released this with the vR movement as they started on their 3135 subs. Did they know vr was coming with a 3186? I’m sure they have over thousands of these lousy movements sitting in there plant as we speak, looking to blow them out soon and take advantage of us suckers. either they knew vr and ar were coming out with clone gmt movements and purposely released their Pepsi before the game changers. We won’t know. It’s genius on their end but shitty for us.

Once our guys here figure out how the movement sits, works, and is reliable...this changes the game for all the folks who purchased an over priced noob Pepsi, like me. and like history..the insert will go back to shitty vs what it is right now, inserts like what Marco1937 looks very good and is the best I’ve seen so far.

You could always switch the insert as most people have been doing for the past years

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Who knows what factories have up their sleeves bro. IDK how the rep case openings for movements was determined but for ETA clones, they are a pretty standard size at ~29.2mm. This accommodates the standard size ETA movement holder of 29.2mm

http://rafflesdials.com/productimage.php?product_id=938

Both the 3186 and 3285 are 28.5mm. The barrel walls were made thinner to fit a longer mainspring to increase the power reserve. So I don't think any rep cases made for ETA clones were designed with intent to fit larger movements later. More likely they would just make a case to fit the 3186/3285 properly with regard to stem height and diameter, like ARF and VRF have done.

https://quillandpad.com/2019/11/19/...x-calibers-3135-and-3235-and-which-is-better/

The gen 32xx movements set time like ETAs. Turning the crown anti-clockwise advances the hands forward. So ironically we are still going to be setting time the wrong way from gen using a clone 3185/6 in a rep whose gen equivalent uses a 3285.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
Bummer about the 3285 movement being more ETA like. I could have sworn eta 2836 was smaller than that because I just ordered the hz6460 for a project and the diameter was 25.6 mm. I have a yuki spacer for a 15xx case and my dial is 27.x mm.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
why are the spacer rings so huge for eta movements? The movement itself is very small.

I can't answer that question. Someone decided the 29.2mm movement diameter space and the ~27.5mm rehaut aperture was appropriate for ETA reps. Most rep dials in the sports models are around 28 -29mm. It's rare that a gen dial at 27.3mm will fit in an ETA rep case, it will often fall through the rehaut. That's why the movement spacer that tickleshoes 3D printed has a black surround on it that is elevated to be above flush with the dial perimeter and yes it could be visible through the crystal depending on the sample case. The elevation offsets the stem height issue by pushing the movement lower in the case.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...i-noob-126710-blro-904l?p=8703064#post8703064

So rep ETA cases miss the mark in 3 areas. The rehaut aperture is too large for a gen dial, the movement space is too large for a gen-spec movement, and the tube was not placed to accommodate a gen-spec stem height. The ETA cases were never designed for or intended to be used with gen-spec movements, dials or hands. That's why people buy 3135 reps, which are gen-spec. Or the new ARF /VRF 3185/6 cases.

I still have my doubts about using a rep 3185/6 in the Noob case long term because of the stem height issue. I have the pieces on hand and will do a trial fit soon. Any vertical pressure on the stem is not justified IMO. The ARF case is every bit as good as the Noob and it will take the Noob insert. ARF Sub lugs are FAT but not the ARF GMT. The case is beautiful. Additionally, the Noob bezel design is quite poor. It makes more sense to me to just use a rep case that was made for the movement you're using.

Y6tKc.jpg

Noob GMT's poor bezel design

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Well it looks like the plan for a good GMT is still get an ARF.

If you are starting from scratch I would agree. I can understand why people who have the Noob Pepsi already would want to pursue a movement upgrade. I hope it turns out that the option remains viable. New hands (gen or gen-spec aftermarket) are needed, plus the dial feet have to be clipped off the ETA dial and there's no dial spacer on the A3186 clones so mounting new dial feet is a challenge. Replacement dial feet have bases whose thicknesses can't be tolerated, same for dial dots. Gluing a foot post only with no base is tricky. Soldering is better, but that takes skills I doubt I will ever pursue. We have some mighty talented and persistent folks here though so no doubt we will see some great things.

Just for the record, the VRF VR3185 movement has emerged as the preferred choice. It also comes with a usable DW, so both the big flaws of the ARF can be addressed by a VRF movement swap. That's my eventual plan. More here about the movements if interested. The movement being discussed on this page is the ARF SH3186.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...16710ln-clone-3186-gamechanging-battle/page20

Reactions: Dissemination

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
This is tickleshoes picture with the stem height on the 3D print he made. Looks very good

C9530DFF-C473-4686-9AFB-FEA9573A23FEada8ae123697480f.jpg