• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Source For A Proper 116500 Crystal Gasket for a NOOB watch?

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
If I ever meet someone at a club or at a restaurant who will have a look at my noob and say: „dude, that watch is so fake, gen crystal sits 0.19 mm lower!” it will literally blow my mind :)

but at the same time I did replace the gasket so maybe I have no right to make fun of that :)

You should be careful. I usually carry around a dia caliper to check crystal height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
I'm a little confused. If this watch is "gen-spec" and we're using gen Daytona parts on it, shouldn't we be messing around with using a razor to the crystal washer? Have you guys measured case thickness noob vs gen / caseback thickness noob vs gen? From what I can recall, caseback isn't the same thickness. So I wouldn't bend over backwards trying to slim down the crystal gasket because I can tell you that the beveling on the 116520 bezel is nowhere close to gen.. even the thickness of it. Not sure how the 116500 bezel compares though

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
You should be careful. I usually carry around a dia caliper to check crystal height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can see it. The watch looks way off. The way it catches the light always creates a border on the face of the watch.

Liam F

Known Member
17/5/20
I am about top attempt this mod. I just wondered if anybody could tell me which surface to press off. Is it the class or the ceramic. I don't want to mess it up. Thanks in advance​

kevBquick

9/10/18
I am about top attempt this mod. I just wondered if anybody could tell me which surface to press off. Is it the class or the ceramic. I don't want to mess it up. Thanks in advance​

you get a bezel puller and you don't press anything. otherwise i guess you can try to pry up the bezel slowly and evenly. not the recommended way but its been done.

you press the bezel back on sure. this was a couple minute mod...well worth it. milk white delete. can't go wrong.